38 replies to this topic

#21 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 11:11 AM

I would love to know who is actually contracting them to do the renderings. This style of a plan would require huge amount of escavating and the removal of the ramp that was supposed to connect the park and area to Newark Penn. I would love to see the park there rather than the existing parking (which should go vertical or below ground but not be on the surface).

#22 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 11:24 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

In principle, they look the same. One is just rounder and prettier.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#23 devlman

devlman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,127 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 01:09 PM

That looks absolutely retarded. Ive never seen an uglier park in my life. I mean honestly, how do you fck up a park?!

#24 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 04:02 PM

I just don't see how this end up coming to life when the city has 150 mil budget gap. I will wait to see the budget proposals.

#25 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 12:18 PM

Thought this was interesting...http://www.ndcrc.com

go to projects and you will see this graphic is still their design.

#26 The Rock 07

The Rock 07

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 12:39 PM

To date, NDCRC completed the Circulation Transportation Project, the New Jersey Devils Championship Plaza and $500 mm IRC 1031 Land Exchange.The NDCRC’s current project is the design, construction and management of the future “Triangle Park” which when completed in 2012 will be the first Downtown park built in over 30 years.

This is the first time I've seen a completion date and I've been on that website before so they must have just recently put that up.

Edited by The Rock 07, 06 August 2010 - 12:39 PM.

Posted Image
I! I believe! I believe that we! I believe that we will win! I believe that we will win! I believe that we will win!

#27 The Rock 07

The Rock 07

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 12:42 PM

Thought this was interesting...http://www.ndcrc.com

go to projects and you will see this graphic is still their design.

I don't see the graphic in the projects section :noclue:
Posted Image
I! I believe! I believe that we! I believe that we will win! I believe that we will win! I believe that we will win!

#28 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 01:42 PM

I don't see the graphic in the projects section :noclue:

I'm trying to get it onto Picasa so that you can see it. I posted the invight on wirednewyork but I can't share that here for some reason.

#29 yankeesjetsfan

yankeesjetsfan

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 01:51 PM

Is this park supposed to go where the parking lots are now? Wouldnt the lot owners fight this as they make a lot from the games?

I think the park looks nice myself, but I do agree that it will eventually be another spot for the homelss to urinate and sleep at.

Mike
Posted Image
Posted Image

#30 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 02:39 PM

I cant get the damn graphic to upload from work..

Is this park supposed to go where the parking lots are now? Wouldnt the lot owners fight this as they make a lot from the games?

I think the park looks nice myself, but I do agree that it will eventually be another spot for the homelss to urinate and sleep at.

Mike

Ya based on the design on the invite its current form is just like DIG's bottom image.

#31 ClarkyDano23

ClarkyDano23

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 06:27 PM

Ya based on the design on the invite its current form is just like DIG's bottom image.

Just without the picture of Lebron now, right? :whistling:

But yeah, it looks great, I hope it happens
-CD23

"Not one camera, not one reporter. But, guess what? If that kid was hurt, I woulda had everyone in that friggin building in front of my face. Isn't that true? But guess what, no one's hurt, so there's nothing to write about."
-Scott Stevens regarding both, his hit in Game 4 on Sami Kapanen during Round 1 against the Hurricanes in 2001, and the media looking for something to write about

My Youtube Page! - http://www.youtube.com/McKay4429061

My Devils Photos! - http://www.flickr.co...57602625649087/

http://www.pokerroad.com

#32 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 09:12 PM

If that's what it's gonna end up looking like, then I kinda hope the end up changing the name from Triangle Park cuz ... ya know ... it isn't very triangular.
Posted Image

#33 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,212 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 11:34 PM

If that's what it's gonna end up looking like, then I kinda hope the end up changing the name from Triangle Park cuz ... ya know ... it isn't very triangular.

You know they'll name it after a person.. Too bad Veterans Park was created last fall up by the courthouses.. That's usually a popular park name

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#34 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,801 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 12:39 AM

You know they'll name it after a person.. Too bad Veterans Park was created last fall up by the courthouses.. That's usually a popular park name

Kool-aid Park.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#35 The Rock 07

The Rock 07

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 12:43 AM

Didn't this come up last year? If memory recalls correctly, we thought of calling Triangle Park "McMullen Park" then Championship Plaza as the "Lou Lamoriello Championship Plaza".
Posted Image

#36 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 09:21 AM

I could see it getting named something like Freedom Park or Liberty Park.

The thing I don't get about this design is the giant ramp structure that makes up so much of the park. I guess it creates some kind of retail space down below without losing green space, and that's cool, but what's the incentive to actually walk these ramps that lead to nothing in particular? From that one concept, it looks like there's some kind of statue/modern art piece at the Southeast end. The Northeast end looks like more pavement than grass, so I wonder what's going on over there.
Posted Image

#37 Marv4Life

Marv4Life

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 09:58 AM

It looks like a slanted racetrack on turf.

#38 block921

block921

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 08:12 PM

Kool-aid Park.

Finally people are catching up... Look at the griffith building, shaq towers to get an idea of what is going to happen. In other words good luck it ain't gonna happen. Newark itself is in a financial meltdown so don't expect any aid from the city

This would make more sense: http://www.newarkrbp...tEdison1.09.pdf

Edited by block921, 09 August 2010 - 08:14 PM.

#39 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 10:42 AM

I actually think that park will happen because they aren't using city funds. This comes out of the NDCR and they are going to pull green acres funds on this one. This is actually one of the ones I think that does happen over the next 5 years.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users