Patrick Sharp available via trade

Guadana

what you guys have to understand here. You guys sound like a fat ugly nerd kid who never even touched a girl saying he wouldnt want some chick cause she has a longer 2nd toe. We're not really in a position to be nitpicking about skilled goal scorers.

You make a lot of dating analogies. Yeah, Kovy is the girl that has a history of leaving you high and dry while demanding expensive jewelery.

But anyway, an older, more-injured, declining Kovalchuk probably wouldn't be worth the headache. The defense and goaltending are solid and now it's time to see what can be had through the free agency interview window, draft, and draft day trades.

Ok enough of the Kovalchuk garbage, it isn't happening this year okay? Move on already. Lou said he'd try and get scoring, just chill the fvck out and see what he does. I'm tired of the constant moaning and groaning about everything. Some of you wouldn't do well rooting for a franchise that's ACTUALLY sh!tty, I don't see this much bitching on the fvcking Dolphins board.

I'd take 5 years on sharp, that shot will hold up. as someone said, send ryder in a package.  I'd also love me some Hossa ,very good player

as far as kovy goes, i was a big fan of his early game, powerful skater, but his departure is the best thing that could have happened with is old body and long contract.... lets move on

To expand on the Mark Lazerus tweet above:

Quotes from Patrick Sharp's agent, Rick Curran:

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/hockey/blackhawks/28307401-419/agent-patrick-sharp-will-not-be-traded.html#.U6wT5fldWSp

“There’s no truth to any rumor that Patrick Sharp is available to trade,” Curran told the Sun-Times. “He absolutely is not available. I had a meeting with Stan Bowman a week ago to ask him what was going to happen. He said, ‘I don’t know what’s going to happen, but I can tell you that Patrick Sharp is not available right now.’ When the Sportsnet guy, Nick Kypreos, erroneously made a statement and everyone went crazy, I called Stan again. I asked, ‘Has anything changed?’ He said, ‘absolutely not.’ He’s full of [expletive].”

“Stan Bowman said he’s the last guy that would be traded,” Curran said. “As far as I’m concerned, the whole thing’s a fabrication from a puke out of Toronto trying to make headlines, an absolutely, completely irresponsible report, based on absolutely nothing other than his own whim or fancy.”

Edited by Devil Dan 56

The Hawks look fine to me capwise keeping everyone. Toews and Kane are going to get around 4m each in raises and the will get that in the cap increases. They need a few fringe players to round out the roster but they seem fine to me.

Edited by squishyx

The Hawks look fine to me capwise keeping everyone. Toews and Kane are going to get around 4m each in raises and the will get that in the cap increases. They need a few fringe players to round out the roster but they seem fine to me.

It's not just them. Saad is getting a raise the same year. Tevo after that. Seabrook's deal is up in two years. My numbers were a bit off, but per capgeek, assuming they both get $10 million, they'll have an average of $1.2 million for 8 roster spots, assuming the cap is at $76 million.

Something has to give.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's not just them. Saad is getting a raise the same year. Tevo after that. Seabrook's deal is up in two years. My numbers were a bit off, but per capgeek, assuming they both get $10 million, they'll have an average of $1.2 million for 8 roster spots, assuming the cap is at $76 million.

Something has to give.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 

I still see plenty of room. Teravainen? signed for 3 more years. Seabrook will be 31 when his deal ends, I can't seem him making much more then his 5.8 as it stands. Could they lose Saad? eh maybe, but I wouldn't lose Sharp, Kane, or Toews over him.

1.2m for 8 players isn't too bad when you consider half will get 2.5m and the other half 1/2m. They just need depth players in 2 years, not stars.

I still see plenty of room. Teravainen? signed for 3 more years. Seabrook will be 31 when his deal ends, I can't seem him making much more then his 5.8 as it stands. Could they lose Saad? eh maybe, but I wouldn't lose Sharp, Kane, or Toews over him.

1.2m for 8 players isn't too bad when you consider half will get 2.5m and the other half 1/2m. They just need depth players in 2 years, not stars.

Who do you see getting paid NHL minimum these days?  Almost no one.

Who do you see getting paid NHL minimum these days?  Almost no one.

About 150 players have contracts between 550k and 650k. A lot of two way contracts? sure, who cares. The hawks don't need top tier talent, they need warm bodies to make up their 4th line for 5 minutes a game.

About 150 players have contracts between 550k and 650k. A lot of two way contracts? sure, who cares. The hawks don't need top tier talent, they need warm bodies to make up their 4th line for 5 minutes a game.

Almost none of those players play regularly in the NHL.  Most NHL veterans receive about $1M as a minimum these days.  So sure, if you want to pay 3 minor leaguers to play on your 4th line, you can do it, but I don't think Chicago will do that.

Almost none of those players play regularly in the NHL.  Most NHL veterans receive about $1M as a minimum these days.  So sure, if you want to pay 3 minor leaguers to play on your 4th line, you can do it, but I don't think Chicago will do that.

We pretty much do that. Oh yeah, I forgot, Chicago is actually a good team.