Game 3 GDT | Devils @ Flyers | 6:00pm ET

AUtigers350z

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they couldn't let him play though, the game plan had to be changed. the devils were getting killed in their own zone at even strength for most of the game.

they've been getting killed all series and all 6 games in the regular season. we internet message board posters discussed this ad nauseum throughout the year and going into the playoffs. why can't frenchie mcgenius figure it out and plan accordingly like calling for very quick outlets and keeping a forward back as help to transition instead of looking for the homerun pass or the pass to a guy essentially standing still in the neutral zone looking to tip it to a winger skating on the side? it's the ONE play the devils have and rarely connects.

this talk of Skoula/Fraser is like re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic

you're not helping here and for this argument, no, it's not.

also - you should obviously get the quote.

they've been getting killed all series and all 6 games in the regular season. we internet message board posters discussed this ad nauseum throughout the year and going into the playoffs. why can't frenchie mcgenius figure it out and plan accordingly like calling for very quick outlets and keeping a forward back as help to transition instead of looking for the homerun pass or the pass to a guy essentially standing still in the neutral zone looking to tip it to a winger skating on the side? it's the ONE play the devils have and rarely connects.

what, no. not really. the devils killed the flyers at even strength in game 2.

nothing on the next quote either.

because of the screw-up. couldn't trust him after that, considering it was a pretty simple play. so, he sat a guy who had a few screw-ups (or maybe better put, lacking effort plays), in a win, for a guy that contributed to a loss by choking on a forced error.

rolled the dice and lost. don't know if it was really necessary.

It was a non forced error afaic Max. He made a totally wrong decision when he had oodles of time to chip the puck around the horn.

Nothing against Fraser personally, but I don't want to see him in the lineup again this postseason.

Devils Twitter has Elias and Lemaire quotes that Flyers had too many men on the ice for 5-10 seconds before the call on Clarkson in OT.

If true, that's rough, Devils get called for it with 5 guys on the ice and Flyers get around it with 6 right before a play that turned out to be pivotal.

First, it sucks to trail 2-1, but I still have hope in them and I won't give out comments because there are at least 2 more games to play.

Too early to surrender and I think the only thing they need to do better is to generate more offense like game 2 when they tried to break the tie in late 3rd.

Devils Twitter has Elias and Lemaire quotes that Flyers had too many men on the ice for 5-10 seconds before the call on Clarkson in OT.

If true, that's rough, Devils get called for it with 5 guys on the ice and Flyers get around it with 6 right before a play that turned out to be pivotal.

Whether or not it's true, (and if it is, yes it obviously sucks balls that it wasn't called), at this point, it sounds like an excuse.It doesn't excuse our piss poor play in the 3rd period.The only reason there was overtime to begin with was because of Marty. Just go win the next game.

That may be for the next game. Maybe they are hoping the refs will stop being the focus of this series.

fraser played at least one more shift afterwards, but there's really no point in discussing this with you people.

sundstrom: my point about fraser and skoula is to distinguish how good they might be at any given point. there's no other way to do this than to assess their play over the season.

of course there is no discussing this, you are always right we have come to accept that...;

Hey still think they are playing "fine"??? And consistent??

First, it sucks to trail 2-1, but I still have hope in them and I won't give out comments because there are at least 2 more games to play.

Too early to surrender and I think the only thing they need to do better is to generate more offense like game 2 when they tried to break the tie in late 3rd.

It does SUCK to be trailing 2 - 1 to this team. Yeah they are a decent team, but they are not as good as the Devils are making them look. Come on Brian Boucher?? We are not making this guy earn these victories. Like I said earlier, 4 shots on net??? 4 SHOTS ON NET in the 3rd and OT??? IN a critical game 3 ??? No guys that isnt going to get it done. Enough ENOUGH ENOUGH with the cutesy extra passes, get the Damn puck on net from all angles just start firing it, This team can still win this series, I mean for gods sake win tomorrow night and we have home ice back. But if they dont realize they need to be more agressive offensively and start FIRING the puck they will be golfing by the weekend!!

Langenbrunner has been invisible, I hate changing lines, but maybe put ZZpops back together, and go back to Patty Zubie and Kovie, with Clarkson Neids and Rolston as your 3rd. I would put that 3rd line against the Flyers every day of the week and 2 times on Sunday! I know that wont happen, b ut it may get all the lines rolling again.

Changing the roster - what can only be mere tweaks no matter what anyone argues - Fraser makes or breaks the team? No. Skoula makes or breaks the team... :blink: Nnnnno. Not one guy makes or breaks things here.

They have passion, they respect the organization, they understand the system intellectually. They are capable of putting it all together

What I see, the ONLY thing I see --- they just don't understand what they're actually DOING when they do succeed. "All the right things" is meaningless. The little things is meaningless. Now as a coach you cannot rest on one lesson - one catch phrase, one speech, one sh!t fit wherever or whoever it's from -- motivational speaking isn't going to do anything. I don't think it's a lost cause at all -- I feel like they can put it all together. I have no idea how they will -- but it's completely possible. I'm not sure of the probability of it all - I'm not being sarcastic,

I think maybe -- part of me wants to just make it all technical - technical literal positioning -- you know, but these guys - a pull of focus of one half inch and a dude like Rolston is just GONE he's completely taken out of the picture...and can't see the way back in, not during the play much less the period much less an entire GAME. He's sort of the personification of what I see as the general problem of the whole team. It's very obvious with him. With a Langenbrunner it can all get mired down - the technical gets clouded by his defensive arguments - Maybe Jamie should think of my old quote from Richard Bach -- "Argue for your limitations and they're yours"

Focus just cannot be on fixing problems - all the stuff everyone is debating it's the exact WRONG thing for this team at this point in time.

I just dont agree with any one full picture or solution being bandied about here -- no one has hit the nail on the head.

I feel I need to point out, had someone kicked Carcillo's ass as I sed during the game, he never woulda had the spark to be in position for that GWG!!!

ARGH!!!!!

he was the reason we gave up 2 goals Friday night. He barely touched Giroux on his goal.

Did we win friday night?? No harm no foul..

Skoula better play tonight, fraser is not ready...

BTW my brother was at the game friday night, he lives in maine has not seen much devs hockey, 1st comment, "are these new lines, the players look like they have never played together before...."

Did we win friday night?? No harm no foul..

Skoula better play tonight, fraser is not ready...

BTW my brother was at the game friday night, he lives in maine has not seen much devs hockey, 1st comment, "are these new lines, the players look like they have never played together before...."

funny how during the last 10 games or so I kept saying in the chat room that these lines need to get solidified, then need some chemistry going into the playoffs, and all I kept getting from the experts was how it wasnt an issue, they are pros they will be fine, it might be good mixing the lines up because the opposition wont know who to defend against??? Now it seems these guys arent playing with "chemistry" hmmmm I guess nobody could see this coming??

the devils have 10 players signed for 2011-12 and 3 for 2012-13, so it is going to be a new bunch of players, one way or another.

Fair enough, but some of those 10 players signed in 2011-12 are the ones who have been really disappointing in the playoffs. 2012-13 is the first year where real addition by subtraction can take place, and Lou is the kind of person to bring back some of the older, more problematic players. Do you really see Lou letting go of some of the players in the next few years who have played so gutlessly? He seems to bring back just enough to prevent the team from making a real run.