MacLean has been fired. Confirmed on NJ.com

thefiestygoat

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

completely absurd

i'll eat my words if i have to, but this might be the most ridiculous story i've heard all year

lol

haha lol is right. i don't know where i get off being incredulous with this team anymore but apparently this actually happened? It's like a soap opera. But I am glad to see a coaching change. om nom nom tasty words

What is most sad is, I suspect we will see this team win some games, and we will end the season left with the feeling of what could have been....

and we will finish just high enough to get screwed on a draft pick.

I know, I know, "but Adam Larsson is sooo awesome!!"... but if we find a way to turn this season around, win a bunch of games, start showing up to the rink with a "you can't beat us attitude", I'd be perfectly happy with a 9th place finish. I mean, yeah it would stink, but at least we showed enough fight to give us some legitimate hope for next season.

quit talking sense.

in the devils' position, losing ALWAYS sucks.

sucks for maclean though, this is the 2nd time lemaire's beat him.

This team has a lot of problems, one of which was the coach. Probably not the top of the reasons we suck this year but the easiest to deal with. Hopefully Lou doesn't stop here and either cleans house completely or deals with some of the other issues...

I hope Lou's meeting with the players is going something like "the only reason I'm firing the coach is because I tried to get rid of you sacks of sh!t and nobody wanted you".

It goes back to my favorite Lou quote of the season from right after waiving Rolston:

Maybe my patience has been too patient

I know, I know, "but Adam Larsson is sooo awesome!!"... but if we find a way to turn this season around, win a bunch of games, start showing up to the rink with a "you can't beat us attitude", I'd be perfectly happy with a 9th place finish. I mean, yeah it would stink, but at least we showed enough fight to give us some legitimate hope for next season.

Exactly. And it's not like there's a "can't miss" prospect in this year's draft, either...there are talented players, sure, but no Crosby, Ovechkin, Tavares, or Hall. I'd much rather see this team get some momentum rolling for next season than watch them tank the rest of the year and have the biggest positive about this team be an 18 year old kid.

this helps, but this team is a hot mess beyond maclean. i don't think this does much to alter #operation1stoverall (which is more tongue in cheek) but perhaps the devils can move from worst to 5th worst. lemaire doesn't come with pixie dust to fix parise 6 weeks early and to even dream of a decent streak to mediocrity, he's necessary.

the one guy who might benefit the most is andy greene. i'd say that if his awful play continues with the guy that got the most out of him, then he is what most thought he was - sh!t.

Exactly. And it's not like there's a "can't miss" prospect in this year's draft, either...there are talented players, sure, but no Crosby, Ovechkin, Tavares, or Hall. I'd much rather see this team get some momentum rolling for next season than watch them tank the rest of the year and have the biggest positive about this team be an 18 year old kid.

this, and it takes forever for a defenseman to develop. if we have to wait 6 years for the guy to become a 3 wins a year player, that's too long. the hole is so deep that we might end up with that player anyway, since it's not like a lot of our players won't be gone at the deadline.