GDT: Charlestown Chiefs @ New Jersey Devils 7PM

gardenstatepkwy

Flyers only had to try 30% of the time since we pretty much only had 3-4 good shifts all night and maybe 4 scoring chances. They played this game with the urgency of pre season hockey. They should've been fresh and ready to go, instead they were apathetic and indifferent. Sands in the hourglass are getting short for Deboer.

I realize guys were out of the lineup. But Philly has guys out as well. No excuse. When the effort isn't there it's on the coach.

And it won't get easier tomorrow in Minnesota. Minnesota actually plays hard most of the game. Devils will likely lose 5-0 or something

Thanks for reminding me why this team sucks, because they lose to teams as bad as the flyers.

fvck this whole organization.

Hardly see you post in the GDT the past two games and now you are all over this one. BigZ typical.

Just stop being a fan already. I see it is just too much for you so please just stop.

13,700 tonight. That's really pathetic on a Saturday night against a rival at home. We've squandered all the good will and enthusiasm built up post 2012 cup run.

This is what happens when you have owners who unlike JVB are sending out a thousand discount deals per game.

The Devils have played some bad hockey games in the calendar year for 2013 and this one ranks right up there with the worst of them. 14 shots against a Flyers team in turmoil that had to play the night before?! I don't care if Elias and Zajac are out, the Devils have to be a lot better than this.  I love hockey but the display by both teams tonight was really dreadful.

Already tough enough to have to fly to Minnesota for the 2nd game of a back-to-back. Hope this team finds a way to pull out a good result in that game.

This is what happens when you have owners who unlike JVB are sending out a thousand discount deals per game.

Also what happens when you fvck with fan relations.   Make it hard to sell your tickets and kill the atmosphere.   It will get worse before it gets better.   Second half of last season is a lagging drag on STH.  That won't hit until next spring.

But hey, by sterilizing everything and not discounting everything they can get their paws on, they don't have to worry about those pesky kids anymore

Edited by maxpower

The Devils have played some bad hockey games in the calendar year for 2013 and this one ranks right up there with the worst of them. 14 shots against a Flyers team in turmoil that had to play the night before?! I don't care if Elias and Zajac are out, the Devils have to be a lot better than this.  I love hockey but the display by both teams tonight was really dreadful.

Already tough enough to have to fly to Minnesota for the 2nd game of a back-to-back. Hope this team finds a way to pull out a good result in that game.

not only is it 14 measly shots......we only had 3 in the third period of a home game in which we were only down 1 goal

Edited by The 29th Pick

There's really no point. The NHL is becoming more predictable season after season. Nothing proves that more than the teams in last year's ECF and WCF. It's becoming like baseball. Same teams year in and year out.

The season before 3 of the 4 teams wouldn't have been predicted to be where they were when the playoffs started, the one that was wouldn't have at the beginning of the season, and a 6 seed had home ice in the Cup Finals

Also what happens when you fvck with fan relations. Make it hard to sell your tickets and kill the atmosphere. It will get worse before it gets better. Second half of last season is a lagging drag on STH. That won't hit until next spring.

But hey, by sterilizing everything and not discounting everything they can get their paws on, they don't have to worry about those pesky kids anymore

Shame. Because I really, really enjoyed the atmosphere during the SCF run a few years ago. That place was rocking (no pun intended) and now it's looking like it's going to trend back to CAA era intensity.

13k on a Saturday night against the flyers? That's horrible :lol:

The season before 3 of the 4 teams wouldn't have been predicted to be where they were when the playoffs started, the one that was wouldn't have at the beginning of the season, and a 6 seed had home ice in the Cup Finals

Yeah except with the realignment the NHL it's going to be easier to see the same teams go to the Conference finals year in and year out.

Shame. Because I really, really enjoyed the atmosphere during the SCF run a few years ago. That place was rocking (no pun intended) and now it's looking like it's going to trend back to CAA era intensity.

13k on a Saturday night against the flyers? That's horrible :lol:

It's just going to go back to what it was the first few years in Newark.   Empty early in the season and sterile.   Plus, honest attendance reporting.

They had hit on an oil well as turnout goes and they've decided to plug it up.    What they're trying to do now is what they did in Bergen County and it failed miserably, hell, I would not be surprised if they are aiming at that exact audience, to be honest.   Since you have new ownership and marketing folk are fly-by-nighters, they probably don't remember

Edited by maxpower

this was about as bad as it gets.

outside of elias and jagr, everyone was dreadful tonight. gelinas did not have a good game - this was the first one where he made multiple mistakes. for all the clamoring for josefson, he was invisible, as was tedenby.

flyers did a good job turning this game to slop and dove for 2 calls (anton and jagr).

i did not like ryder's game despite his post shot and PP miss.

what sucks is they wasted a good jagr game and a good marty game.

usually, you don't get too overworked about games like this - they happen 3-5 times a year. but the devils horrendous start pretty much destroyed any margin for error they had. they will need a 7-2-1 run sometime in 2013 or you can kiss this season good bye.

oh, and the 13k in the crowd for saturday vs the flyers - that is bad news. someone mentioned earlier that they think the devils are still doing major discounts and the like - i would say the opposite. i don't hear anything about good packages and deals.

outside of elias and jagr, everyone was dreadful tonight. gelinas did not have a good game - this was the first one where he made multiple mistakes. for all the clamoring for josefson, he was invisible, as was tedenby.

flyers did a good job turning this game to slop and dove for 2 calls (anton and jagr).

usually, you don't get too overworked about games like this - they happen 3-5 times a year. but the devils horrendous start pretty much destroyed any margin for error they had. they will need a 7-2-1 run sometime in 2013 or you can kiss this season good bye.

oh, and the 13k in the crowd for saturday vs the flyers - that is bad news. someone mentioned earlier that they think the devils are still doing major discounts and the like - i would say the opposite. i don't hear anything about good packages and deals.

They're doing some things but nothing like the last two seasons where cheap ticket offers were falling out of the sky every day.   And they put asses in the seats with them.   Obviously they have different plans than JVB did.

Elias didn't play tonight :/