The Official 2014 Trade Deadline Thread

Derlique

@LouisJean_TVA: Sources say Ryan Kesler requested a trade some time ago & wants out of Vcr. Told #Canucks don't want to trade him but may not have a choice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Vancouver has lost 7 in a row.  They need a shakeup badly.

Kesler should be a guy the Devils puruse.  We are terrible at face-offs, and he's a good face-off guy.  He's on a great contract as well.  However, they don't need defensemen, and all we have is defensemen.

Watching the TSN feed of the Montreal-Detroit game and they said Winnipeg is looking to add a depth defenseman. I'm gassing up the car for that Salvador road trip... He's even from Manitoba, so everybody wins.

Bryce Salvador

Mark Fayne

Jacob Josefson

2014 2nd Rd pick (Conditional if Fayne doesn't re-sign)

FOR

Blake Wheeler

As much as I think Gaborik would be good for this team, I just can't see it happening. He's a guy you are gonna want for a playoff push. Columbus looks like they have a decent shot of making it this year. Also, I'm not sure who the Devils could offer to make it a fair trade.

Don't feel like looking up his contract but what about the anual Hemsky proposal? He would come cheap and he is still putting up reasonable numbers while getting defensive minutes on the third line on a god awful team. Still has great hands and great offensive talent, always wanted him on a line with Patty. Yes I know he has a history of injuries but this team needs SOMETHING without giving up much. I'd rather give him a shot over guys like Brunner Josefson Loktionov. At least Hemsky will give you a .5 ppg pace unlike many on this team.

If we are sellers, big if, I want Ryder gone, yes I know we need his goals but the problem is when he is not scoring the guy is useless, contributes nothing if he isn't scoring. I have been sick of watching him play all season, good for him he has a great release but that is about it. I am sure we can get something reasonable in return.

Edited by Zubie#8

Don't feel like looking up his contract but what about the anual Hemsky proposal? He would come cheap and he is still putting up reasonable numbers while getting defensive minutes on the third line on a god awful team. Still has great hands and great offensive talent, always wanted him on a line with Patty. Yes I know he has a history of injuries but this team needs SOMETHING without giving up much. I'd rather give him a shot over guys like Brunner Josefson Loktionov. At least Hemsky will give you a .5 ppg pace unlike many on this team.

If we are sellers, big if, I want Ryder gone, yes I know we need his goals but the problem is when he is not scoring the guy is useless, contributes nothing if he isn't scoring. I have been sick of watching him play all season, good for him he has a great release because that is about it. I am sure we can get something reasonable in return.

I'd replace Ryder, Brunner, and Bernier with Boyes, Hemsky, and Gaborik.

Zubrus - Zajac - Jagr

Elias - Loktionov - Hemsky

Clowe - Henrique - Gaborik

Carter - Gionta - Boyes

I have absolutely no idea if we can fit this lineup under the cap though.

Not to be board police guy, but it's always helpful to post at least 1 link when you bring in new information.

Just going to quote this to make sure everyone saw it..

PLEASE DON'T POST A RUMOR WITHOUT PROVIDING AT LEAST A LINK.

It'll keep us all sane over the next few days.

Edited by Devilsfan118

6 days of craziness.

But unless the return of Martin Saint Louis for TB is ridiculous why would Yzerman trade him. He's a core part of that team, even at his age, and he's still playing well.

I think it comes down to his relationship with Yzerman, of course, but also it can come down to Yzerman thinking they have a chance to go deep this year. If you don't think so, why not capitalize on trading an old player, yet one that is also the reigning Art Ross winner and isn't going to be an upcoming free agent. He's a player that could fetch a very nice return if he would accept an offer to more than the Rangers.