2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

MadDog2020

The Rags will sweep now and the meek Habs will just let them do whatever they want, which is what they should truly be embarrassed about even more than losing- once Price went down, they had no shot, so its not really their fault they're gonna lose the series. But show some balls, show some guts. Put up a fight. The Queen can sit there and put her make-up on. No contact, nothing. Nobody made that little bitch Kreider pay either. The Habs are gutless.

Habs need to play their game. They shouldn't worry about going after Kreider for a completely accidental play. No dumb penalties. Avoid any extra-curricular stuff like they did aginst the Bruins. Lundvist was excellent, but the Habs got a ton of chances.

Not gutless. Just smart. Devils did the exact same thing against the Flyers and Rangers. The Penguins imploded against Philly and NJ avoided all that and whopped their ass on the ice. The Rangers were down and tried to start stuff (ie Rupp hitting Brodeur). The Devils just focused on beating the Rangers.

The Habs tried that game last year against Ottawa, and it was embarrassing. They just got their ass kicked.

Rangers have been knocking at the door for a few seasons so if they win then they win. Like I said before perhaps a Rangers win will motivate Lou to get things going this off season.

our record the last two seasons, Lou's title and paycheck should motivate him

I was listening to the InLouWeTrust podcast and John brought up the idea that if the Rangers win the SCF then we'll have to slog through all the Rangers crap while watching Devils games on MSG. I have a remedy for that though. The GDT Chat is the way to go.

I don't understand. Chatting in the game day chat instead of watching the game?

Edited by Satans Hockey

Someone tried to sell me on that it would be sweeter to see these morons get to the SCF and lose then to have them lose now in the ECF and I said no F'n way, I don't wanna see these guys 4 wins away, and hated seeing them 7 wins away.

Jesus I've never seen a team sh!t 4 leaf clovers and piss horseshoes the way these guys have.

I'm hoping now that they sweep and sit and rust while LA/CHI goes 7.

Then LA and Gaborik shove it up their collective asses in 4.. not that I'm biased or anything :P

Someone tried to sell me on that it would be sweeter to see these morons get to the SCF and lose then to have them lose now in the ECF and I said no F'n way, I don't wanna see these guys 4 wins away, and hated seeing them 7 wins away.

Jesus I've never seen a team sh!t 4 leaf clovers and piss horseshoes the way these guys have.

I'm hoping now that they sweep and sit and rust while LA/CHI goes 7.

Then LA and Gaborik shove it up their collective asses in 4.. not that I'm biased or anything :P

That's a lame thought and just seems like people talking them into themselves into the situation. Getting to the Cup Finals is a great accomplishment. I think everyone hear feels a lot better about the 2012 Cup run than losing in the 1st round in 2009 or 2010 (regardless of the Rangers series win).

Well, I'd rather see Lundqvist be lights out now than in the final.

That's a good point.

I'm very annoyed by this and by this but I wont panic yet. I'll panic if the Rags get to the finals and if they go up 1-0 in said finals. To me it's useless to panic otherwise. We still have a last line of defense down the road and a good one. And sooner rather than later we will see the Rag team that went down 3-1 to Pitt and that took 7 to eliminate no defense sloppy and irresponsible Philly.

We have 2 days off until the Rags play Montreal at home. Maybe that will stop their momentum a bit. Maybe it will help things that Montreal will be on the road now away from the intense pressure of the Bell Centre.

And I am supremely confident in LA and Chicago.

I watched the rags beat Chicago during the season when the Hawks were "hot".....I'm not so sure they will beat the rags if they get to the finals, maybe L.A. can

I hope you're right, but I'm already accepting the worst outcome

queen wins con smythe, ticker tape parade etc etc etc

I'm sort of used to this being a Mets/Jets fan already (i.e. Yankee-Brave/Philly World Series, Giant-Patriot Super Bowls), so it somehow seems less annoying from the 'been there, done that' perspective :P

That's a good point.

I'm very annoyed by this and by this but I wont panic yet. I'll panic if the Rags get to the finals and if they go up 1-0 in said finals. To me it's useless to panic otherwise. We still have a last line of defense down the road and a good one. And sooner rather than later we will see the Rag team that went down 3-1 to Pitt and that took 7 to eliminate no defense sloppy and irresponsible Philly.

We have 2 days off until the Rags play Montreal at home. Maybe that will stop their momentum a bit. Maybe it will help things that Montreal will be on the road now away from the intense pressure of the Bell Centre.

I am not as confident.  Especially if Lundqvist can keep up his play right now.  The last thing I want is LA making it to the finals and the Rags beating them, and then I gotta hear there fans say "We did what you guys couldn't do in 2012" .... I would bet my house on the fans saying that if that situation played out.

Edited by lucifer91

That's a good point.

The Rangers are just better than Montreal, Price or no Price.  But people wanted to make Montreal out to be so much better than the Rangers, well this is the difference between the Habs when you get Price and Subban in god mode and the Habs when Price isn't there and Subban isn't in god mode.  They were always walking a tight rope with their success given their utter lack of offense (and no heart from Vanek).

People want to harp on the Habs' goaltending, let's not overlook the fact Montreal's scored three goals in two games.  Marty in his prime, Quick now, whatever goalie you want to name would be hard pressed to win those games.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I am not as confident.  Especially if Lundqvist can keep up his play right now.  The last thing I want is LA making it to the finals and the Rags beating them, and then I gotta hear there fans say "We did what you guys couldn't do in 2012" .... I would bet my house on the fans saying that if that situation played out.

LA is probably more equipped to knock out NYR than Chicago since LA is such a big, grinding team with better goaltending than the Hawks. I mean LA generally allows nothing. Rags will have a very tough time scoring in that series.  Though Chicago is probably the only team that can put 4-5 on Lundqvist with some regularity.

That's a good point.

This is pretty much where I am at now.  Them making the finals will def suck but as long as they don't win the cup I can live with it.

The one thing I see about the teams that are still left in the playoffs is how fast they are.  I swear some games Devils have played in earlier this year it looked like they were playing in slow-mo.  I really wish Lou can address that issue soon but instead he will instead continue to draft nothing but defensemen and 3rd and 4th line grinders while signing over-the-hill former Devils on the wrong side of 35.

You guys are too quick to give Lundqvist the Smythe when Corey Crawfords save percentage is basically the same (and he has a lower gaa) and Kopitar is sitting at an incredible 19 points (and Gaborik 9 goals)

The Rangers are just better than Montreal, Price or no Price.  But people wanted to make Montreal out to be so much better than the Rangers, well this is the difference between the Habs when you get Price and Subban in god mode and the Habs when Price isn't there and Subban isn't in god mode.  They were always walking a tight rope with their success given their utter lack of offense (and no heart from Vanek).

People want to harp on the Habs' goaltending, let's not overlook the fact Montreal's scored three goals in two games.  Marty in his prime, Quick now, whatever goalie you want to name would be hard pressed to win those games.

With Price they're not. With Price the Rags finished 4 points behind the Rangers in the standings. If anything the teams were dead even with slight edge Montreal with Price. But now clear edge Rangers with who knows who in net for Montreal.

Give Montreal some credit for taking down Boston after being down 3-2. That's no easy feat. A lot of people are saying the Habs are crap like the 96 Islander or something. They're really not. They outplayed the Rangers yesterday.

Right now I think people are just in a tizzy because the Rags for the most part over the past 5 games have been at their absolute best AND LUCKIEST. That can change quickly. We've seen it. 

Rags also lost their first round pick by getting to the eastern conference finals.

Small, but it'll make it sweeter if they lose in the SCF

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

just a quick recap: its the 2014 first rounder right?  and is it from the Nash trade?

just a quick recap: its the 2014 first rounder right? and is it from the Nash trade?

They don't have a first rounder for the next two years by virtue of the St. Louis deal. They traded next years out right, and they lose this years by virtue of getting to the conference finals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk