Any Truth?

fsu1852

I came across this on a different forum and was wondering anything truth about this. "Read online that Russia's economic woes are effecting the KHL and that many teams are ceasing operations and that possibly many high caliber players may be on their way back to the NHL. You guys probably know where I'm heading with this, but if Kovy wants to come back, how would you feel? I'd be kind of bitter but it would nice to have a superstar back"

I came across this on a different forum and was wondering anything truth about this. "Read online that Russia's economic woes are effecting the KHL and that many teams are ceasing operations and that possibly many high caliber players may be on their way back to the NHL. You guys probably know where I'm heading with this, but if Kovy wants to come back, how would you feel? I'd be kind of bitter but it would nice to have a superstar back"

I really think the chances of this are slim, but it really all depends on what the contract would be. Does he have to come back under the same deal? Is that deal null and void and a new deal would be struck? How does it work when all 29 other GMs have to approve it?

Well to be fair, he has been playing pretty good this year while on the ice..

I wouldn't want kovy back anyways. How old is he now? He has back problems, if he is in his old contract again he will be a cancer, and since he left us, his play has significantly dropped off. He was average in a far less competitive KHL.

I wouldn't want kovy back anyways. How old is he now? He has back problems, if he is in his old contract again he will be a cancer, and since he left us, his play has significantly dropped off. He was average in a far less competitive KHL.

Eh I would assume the lighter schedule and less physical game in the KHL have been nothing but beneficial for his health. I doubt he would ever be a 40 goal scorer in the NHL again, but I don't think anyone would argue that he immediately becomes the most offensively skilled Devil again if he somehow came back to NJ any time in the next 2-3 years.

i wonder if this all goes down if Kovy would have to get the approval of all 29 teams to be able to join this team? I don't think there's a chance that he'd get 29 approvals, why would the Rangers say yes? they'd be crazy

No. He's been out a full year + now. He only needed all unanimous yes' if he tried to come back within a year of his "retirement". Until 2018, the Devils have the only yes/no say in the situation. In 2018, he can come back without any approval.

Kovy at 6 mil per for 4 years, I'd do it...

If this was the NFL and I could give him zero guaranteed money....sure.....in the NHL, you're just asking for it, he'd be the Russian Rolston.....the Devils already got off the hook once with his contract....don't do it.... IT'S A TRAAAAAPPPPPPP!!!!

• Like 1

He'd still be the best forward on this team for years to come.

I'd take him back at a reasonable contract without hesitation.

Even then I am conflicted.  While top flight talent is something that the Devils sorely need I think this will be more of a Band-Aid than a real cure.  I would rather draft high-end talent than paying out of the ass for it.

Even then I am conflicted.  While top flight talent is something that the Devils sorely need I think this will be more of a Band-Aid than a real cure.  I would rather draft high-end talent than paying out of the ass for it.

You eventually have to pay to retain your high end talent. I would take kovy he would be a top 10-15 player in this league from an offensive stand point. This team could easily compete with kovy as the offensive center piece, I think he has been playing extremely well in the KHL this season as well.