OoT scoreboard

Satans Hockey

one main thing i forgot to mention about lundquivist. he does what giguere did in the 04 finals run, roy did his entire career, and so forth. He made great saves look easy. You watch and you see him stop shot after shot controlling the rebounds so soundly and you get the feeling ya he's been good, but he hasn't made a lot of acrobatic sprawling saves. He's just always square and always ready, it's remarkable...and he's only 24...damn one hell of a goalie. If you were to tell me he was only 6 foot i wouldn't believe you, he plays so much larger.

Again, I agree with everything you said here. He's very balanced and doesn't make saves harder than they have to be. He's got a lot of poise. And what else I like is his cockiness. No. It's not an overconfidence kind of thing. But it's the kind of thing where he thinks the team can beat anyone when they play well. And when they don't play as well, he's not afraid to call teammates out. Kind of like a Brodeur quality. He absolutely HATES giving up goals and losing.

And yes, he plays big in net.

Clown:

The Flyers ARE NOT the better team. It took 2 crazy ass deflections to get pucks past Henrik. The grinding was handled, there were very few chances off of their cycle. The first goal was right from a face-off, the tying goal after some tentative clearing attempts led to a deflected shot from the point, and the winner was off the rush. Sorry, but 4 points in the standings does not make them a better team. They were more fortunate tonight. Rangers definitely out-chanced them tonight, and failed to bury some real good opportunities. Can't blame any one player. Just a couple of bad bounces in a tight game. There's 5 more against these jerks .....

I recently got OLN so I was able to watch this one. The Rangers dominated the first 10 minutes of the game or so but after that the Flyers came back and, despite the fact that they trailed in the game, they were the ones getting most of the quality chances on net. It was just that they weren't getting anything by Lundqvist. And it actually took two brilliant goals to get anything by Esche, it wasn't like he gave up soft ones. I figured that if Philly could score one on Lundqvist they would be able to come back, that's often what happens when a goalie stones a team that is carrying the play, they then come back. And, after the first 10 minutes, Philly did carry the play. It was Lundqvist that prevented them from scoring, with the Rangers bearing down on the PK. But as for who was the better TEAM last night, as in which team played better as a unit...it was Philly.

I recently got OLN so I was able to watch this one. The Rangers dominated the first 10 minutes of the game or so but after that the Flyers came back and, despite the fact that they trailed in the game, they were the ones getting most of the quality chances on net. It was just that they weren't getting anything by Lundqvist. And it actually took two brilliant goals to get anything by Esche, it wasn't like he gave up soft ones. I figured that if Philly could score one on Lundqvist they would be able to come back, that's often what happens when a goalie stones a team that is carrying the play, they then come back. And, after the first 10 minutes, Philly did carry the play. It was Lundqvist that prevented them from scoring, with the Rangers bearing down on the PK. But as for who was the better TEAM last night, as in which team played better as a unit...it was Philly.

Yeah Sue. I watched the highlights on MSG and the Flyers had a lot of quality shots getting through. Lundqvist stoned them. Sometimes when a team is outplaying yours, it's usually a flukey kind of goal that changes the momentum. Let's just say that first Pitkanen one off Rucchin qualified.

Scary reality: Rangers outplayed the Flyers with Forsberg earlier this month but lost in OT

Even more reality: Flyers are without Forsberg, Johnsson, Primeau, Desjardins

That's not good for the rest of the East. At least three will be back healthy for the playoffs.