Hello All, Wanted To Introduce Myself!

RicPerrott

A very warm hello to my fellow Devils fans!

This is my first post on this forum, although I do stop by all the time to read it. I'm Ric Perrott and together with Greg Wyshynski, we're authoring what is sure to be the greatest book ever written about the New Jersey Devils!

I wanted to write and offer my thanks to DevilMinder for creating the Submit a Story Forum on these boards. Greg and I appreciate it very much.

I also wanted to tell everyone that the deadline for submitting stories for the book has been extended!! That's right, due to a bank error in our favor (bad monopoly reference) we are able to accept entries until August 1, but that will absolutely be the last day to get them in.

I want to urge everyone to contribute, even if you don't think that you have anything "important" to say or if you think your story is "silly." Let me tell you something, no one's story is "silly." Everyone has a unique tale to tell about why they became a Devils fan, or their greatest memory of being one. Everybody that contributes will become a part of Devils history themselves by having their story enshrined in this book! With the extended deadline, you all have a great opportunity to really contribute something great to the legacy of this team, don't pass it up!!

Visit the official website of the book, or submit your story, anecdote, or whatever you feel to the forum that DevilMinder set up for us. Think of how cool it will be to show your friends and family for years to come, your personal story in the greatest book about The Devils ever written!

I've read a lot of the threads here, and you guys can write, and write with passion! Take some of those great posts you've made here and turn them into anecdotes and send them in! I know you all have it in you, and the more voices of the people we have, the better we all will be for it.

I want to thank all of you that have already submitted, I've read every single one of your stories and enjoyed them all. I wish every single one of them could make the final book, but we do have to keep it smaller than the phone book (we promised!) But trust me when I tell you that a great many of those stories submitted have indeed been accepted for publication.

So tell your family, tell your friends, tell anyone that will listen... that there's a little more time now for you to become part of Devils history yourself. The reception this book is getting has been nothing short of spectacular, Greg and I have been simply amazed at how many people are aware of it, and are looking forward to it. We have a lot of surprises for you all, including celebrity interviews and possibly a surprise guest to write the forward!

Stay tuned Devils faithful, you'll be rewarded soon!

Thanks again for all your support and Let's Go Devils!

Edited by RicPerrott

welcome too from me, though I've never talked to you I almost feel like I know you

and congrats on a setting a record by having your first ever post moved :lol:

tempted to ask how much me is in this book :unsure::evil: