The Voice's in Red's Head...

redruM

Just a few things I wanted to get off my chest..  and before I pat my self on the back..

- I'm very happy to say it looks like I was way off base on Zajak... He has been very good, and making me look foolish for doubting him, which does make me happy! He has been really good offensively, which I did not think was possible anymore, he's great on the PK and just seems to have a jump in his step that I did not see last year, maybe the youth on this team is contagious? 

-And now to pat my self on the back...

I've been  begging for a youth movement for 4 years!!!  This team has been really fun to watch, and the young legs seem to make a HUGE difference, last year the 3rd periods were impossible to watch, more often then not the Devs looked like traffic cones as the other teams skated around and possessed the puck basically had shooting practice.. no more, Devs seem to be able to skate with any team.

I think it was the last Isles game, a very back and forth game, during the 2nd intermission one of the commentators said that this is different NJ team, they could not have skated with the isles the last 2 years, IMHO that is the biggest change in this team

Along with the youth movement I have been begging for some payers who could actually skate!!  to get both youth and skaters, and see the positive impact they have had..  I realize this is still going to be a battle, not even sure if the Devs will make the playoffs, as this divisions is stacked!!  But this is going to be a fun season!!

Getting rid of the deadwood and bringing in newer and younger bodies has helped make the team easier to watch.  Some of those "opposition gets 40+ shots on net while the Devils struggle to get 20" games last season were really hard to take. 

One can't help but wonder what the hell is going on with Patrik Elias.  Ideally, he comes back in December-January, plays pretty well, and gets dealt for a 2nd or 3rd rounder at the deadline.  Sure, it would be great for him to finish his career here...but I'm all for landing another pick as long as it's not a lower one for him.  And I would like to see him get a shot to win one last Cup.   

I was among the Zajac doubters as well. And it's a welcome epiphany. This team looks like it's having so much fun. Not saying he's a great hockey player, but Schlemko can flat out skate.

It's funny that for the most part the youth movement is all Lou and Conte guys.

I'm still holding out hope that Shero could deal Elias to the Isles for something that involves Dal Colle, Ho Sang or Barzal. At the same time though, you would think that Elias could help the Devils a lot if they continue to be comfortably above .500.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still don't see this team making the playoffs, but it's gonna be a fun season, and I'm just enjoying the ride.