2012-13 AHL/ECHL Thread

RowdyFan42

This is how I felt the Albany Devils would play - I mean obviously they can't win every game 5-1, but they have really controlled play here too.

Yup. Im still kind of worried about Henrique though. I expected him to tear it up like Josefson has. It could be that hes not really trying and is using this to stay in shape

Wedgewood played a good game tonight. Made at least 5 beautiful saves, a few amazing desperation saves. I am interning with the Titans and got to deliver stats to a group of Devils coaches in a suite. I handed them to Terreri. They were there to watch Wedgewood. I can tell you that DeBoer or Lou were not there, neither was Stevens. Terreri was the only guy I recognized.

Wedgewood played a good game tonight. Made at least 5 beautiful saves, a few amazing desperation saves. I am interning with the Titans and got to deliver stats to a group of Devils coaches in a suite. I handed them to Terreri. They were there to watch Wedgewood. I can tell you that DeBoer or Lou were not there, neither was Stevens. Terreri was the only guy I recognized.

Very cool.

Lou was in Albany according to the Adirondack broadcast.

I love that you guys are posting links to the Albany games. I haven't been home yet to view one but I definitely plan on it sometime, keep em coming!

That sounds like an awesome internship. Definitely keep us updated on Wedgewood and the other guys down there!

Obviously a lot of his success came from playing with them, but he still contributed at a similar rate in the playoffs while with Poni and Clarkson

For sure, but the guys in the A aren't Poni and Clarkson either.

I love-love-love that Josefson is dominating and scoring goals. Wish he'd get some real snipes in though!

For sure, but the guys in the A aren't Poni and Clarkson either.

I love-love-love that Josefson is dominating and scoring goals. Wish he'd get some real snipes in though!

That's what is so awesome though. Josefson is definitely not a goal scorer, but he's almost at a goal per game. As of last year, Josefson probably had one of the worst shots on the team. His mechanics (especially on slapshots and one-timers made me cringe). Now Im not saying he's the reincarnation of Gretzky, but this is encouraging to say the least. After watching the past three games, its clear that Josefson doesnt belong in the A. His vision is unreal, he is the offensive leader and Kowalsky put him out against Couturier and he dominated him.

Im pretty sure JJs last stint in the AHL didnt go like this. I think he was there for conditioning after an injury. But he played maybe 4 games and i think only had an assist. So its definitely encouraging that he is doing so well. You can tell the kid has improved. And i actually think teddy has improved as well. His skating looks much better, and im rarely screaming at him during these games. So thats a good sign as well. As for henrique, he showed last season that you could plug him in on any line and still be successful. I dont think there should be a question about whether hes an nhl calibur player. Just hope hes not going through the sophmore slump.

Ugh, maybe I'm glad I missed it, Albany outshoots the Whale by 44-15 (like parent team, like minor league team i guess), lose 2-1 in the shootout

Still seems like Albany might be turning into what they should be though.

Yeah, they definitely didnt get the bounces. I heard Butler hit the post twice in OT

How much longer are the Devils going to try Henrique at center, he just doesn't play the position well at all. I suppose Josefson isn't the ideal 2nd line center but it is easier to find a 3rd line center then a young 2nd line scoring winger.

Edited by Jas0nMacIsaac