‏Zach Parise has agreed to terms with the Minnesota Wild

Daniel

Press Conference today--very telling:

Press: "Was there any hesitance at all in signing a 13 year contract? Considering basically that is half of your lifetime..."

Parise: (chuckling) "I didn't hesitate...NO...not at all...umm I...no not at all...for me especially, I knew I wanted to play at home, I knew I wanted to finish my careeer at home, so from my standpoint there wasn't any (hesitance) at all"

***AGAIN, kid knew it alllllllllllllll along. Fine to go home, not fine to fvck with Devils fans' heads.

This may sound harsh but I think we need to stop giving athletes their due. I think they all fit in the spectrum as crappy people one way or the other. It may vary in degrees on each person but they're athletes, not role models

Interesting:

Both players could have made more elsewhere. Parise reportedly had been offered $110 million by Philadelphia. Suter was offered more than $100 million by a team Sheehy wouldn't identify.

To make the Minnesota contracts identical, Parise actually took less than the Wild had offered him.

Hadn't heard that part before.

Ill never say he left for the money, but he lied to this organization and the fan base.

DING DING DING

WINNER

And his head was not in it in the SCF because he was texting Suter to figure out where they were headed next...why do I put so much time and effort into rooting for clowns like this guy? what a shame.

DING DING DING

WINNER

And his head was not in it in the SCF because he was texting Suter to figure out where they were headed next...why do I put so much time and effort into rooting for clowns like this guy? what a shame.

Put in less time and effort then. I can suggest one thing to get the ball rolling on that: stop posting on this board.

• Like 2

I'm just saying if he knew he wasn't going to return to NJ a long time ago why didn't he tell Lou last year when he was an RFA so we could at least trade him and get something back for him. We could've gotten something pretty nice from Minny with how much they wanted him.

If he really appreciated this organization and what they did for him he would have gone about this in a different way. It's not like Lou's offer would have changed his mind anyway.

I'm just saying if he knew he wasn't going to return to NJ a long time ago why didn't he tell Lou last year when he was an RFA so we could at least trade him and get something back for him. We could've gotten something pretty nice from Minny with how much they wanted him.

If he really appreciated this organization and what they did for him he would have gone about this in a different way. It's not like Lou's offer would have changed his mind anyway.

This argument has been brought up quite a bit and I don't really get it. He stayed because he wanted to win - and he almost did. If he hadn't stayed we wouldn't have been Eastern Conf. Champs.

Living in Minneapolis now is truly painful. I have to deal with all of my beyond-giddy Wild friends who now feel like everyday is Christmas. I have to listen to the worst all-sports station in the nation talking about how savvy the Wild GM is and how the Wild have become a hockey juggernaut overnight. I have to live with the fact that the Wild, who after years of utter ineptitude, is being rewarded simply for having money to spend. I have to come to grips with the fact that Zach was less than candid during this entire process (and that's being charitable). To make matters worse, I actually had the best man at my wedding tell me this today, "Come on dude, you've lived in Minnesota long enough now, I think it's time to become a Wild fan. You haven't lived in Jersey for years." I won't bore you with my response, but safe to say, I'm pretty sure he's never going to bring up this topic again.

This argument has been brought up quite a bit and I don't really get it. He stayed because he wanted to win - and he almost did. If he hadn't stayed we wouldn't have been Eastern Conf. Champs.

Depends on the return we would have gotten from Minny if we traded him before the 1 year deal. Brent Burns was still with the Wild at that point if I recall correctly. We could have gotten him and Granlund possibly. Maybe even a 1st considering how much they wanted him. Not saying that deal would have brought us the cup but then we could have made other moves to replace Zach instead of the defensive deals we made throughout the year (Foster, Zids, etc.).

Edited by Jerzey Devil

"On Sunday morning, July 1st, we got after it," Leipold said.

Leipold reiterated Monday that the players each received more lucrative offers from other teams and instead took less money to come as a package to the Wild.

"Free agents of Zach and Ryan's caliber are often attracted to the major markets, where there is more attention, brighter spotlights and, frankly, more money," Leipold said. "These two chose Minnesota instead of those things, and in doing so, have transformed our franchise.

"They had many options, and they chose us."

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=637507

REALLY???? who could have offered them more $$$$

Sound like a bunch of BS, took a discount.... Right.

Living in Minneapolis now is truly painful. I have to deal with all of my beyond-giddy Wild friends who now feel like everyday is Christmas. I have to listen to the worst all-sports station in the nation talking about how savvy the Wild GM is and how the Wild have become a hockey juggernaut overnight. I have to live with the fact that the Wild, who after years of utter ineptitude, is being rewarded simply for having money to spend. I have to come to grips with the fact that Zach was less than candid during this entire process (and that's being charitable). To make matters worse, I actually had the best man at my wedding tell me this today, "Come on dude, you've lived in Minnesota long enough now, I think it's time to become a Wild fan. You haven't lived in Jersey for years." I won't bore you with my response, but safe to say, I'm pretty sure he's never going to bring up this topic again.

Please, bore us. It sounds like it was a good response haha

Yea, that is why I dreaded the possibility he might come here to the Canes. So glad he didnt. I have to listen to enough crap about 2006 and 2009.

You should have the last laugh, at least this year, because the Wild are still not a good team.

You should have the last laugh, at least this year, because the Wild are still not a good team.

Your lips to god's ears. They'll certainly be a better team. With parity, sometimes that's enough to get you a playoff spot where anything can happen.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.