I am sorry, I can't believe this crap

LucifersDog

These threads can suck it. Marty is our franchise, so some loyalty. I'd be fine riding and dying with Marty.

How on earth is a 40 year old goalie our "franchise"?

I also have an issue with people stating this about Marty. He will def go down as one of, if not the best goalies in NHL history. However I believe the 3 silver things we won were won as a team.

I also find it funny how some fans say Marty is the franchise and then later go on explaining the success of the team is due to the sum of the parts being greater than any one player. So really, which one is it?

I also have an issue with people stating this about Marty. He will def go down as one of, if not the best goalies in NHL history. However I believe the 3 silver things we won were won as a team.

I also find it funny how some fans say Marty is the franchise and then later go on explaining the success of the team is due to the sum of the parts being greater than any one player. So really, which one is it?

And here is where an issue arises. The cup wins were team efforts but all too quickly people are willing to drop the loses at the feet of one guy.

..and there lies the fans frustration. You can't reasonably have Stanley Cup aspirations with a 40 year old starting goaltender. It doesn't work that way in any sport.

The fact that he's come out and said he intends on coming back next season, makes fans angrier. Because unlike other organizations (ie; Posada\Yankees.. Favre\Packers) the Devils will never move away from Brodeur. Ever! As long as Lou is the GM, I can't ever see it. Brodeur can continue to play till he's 100, it doesn't matter. They'll never show him the door.

He is THE franchise, but he is not the FUTURE of our franchise. He is the franchise because he has been in the organization for over 2 decades, and when it is all said and done he will have been our starting goaltender for the majority of those 2 decades. 3 Championships were won with him in net. Yes we did have great teams, but he was one of the main pieces of all of the Championships. He is a first ballot HOF'er, and the winningest goaltender of ALL time. He earned each and every one of his wins in a NEW JERSEY DEVILS uniform. He will be the franchise's greatest player forever. 10 years from now, 20 years from now...or until the world ends from one of the whacky "END OF THE WORLD!" predictions, he will be it. Will he singlehandedly bring us a Cup now? Not likely...

Do I think we should start him in Game 4? NO, I would sit him and start Moose. But we all know that is not going to happen. So we will watch the continuing decline of Marty until he retires. It is what it is. We would likely not have a chance to win the Cup unless we had Rinne or Lundqvist (it kills me to say that)and even then it would be a long shot.

..and there lies the fans frustration. You can't reasonably have Stanley Cup aspirations with a 40 year old starting goaltender. It doesn't work that way in any sport.

The fact that he's come out and said he intends on coming back next season, makes fans angrier. Because unlike other organizations (ie; Posada\Yankees.. Favre\Packers) the Devils will never move away from Brodeur. Ever! As long as Lou is the GM, I can't ever see it. Brodeur can continue to play till he's 100, it doesn't matter. They'll never show him the door.

Mo is still closing games for the Yanks, he would be a better comparison then posada.

Why is everyone clammering for Moose to start when the one goal he did let in went thru him without a screen? Marty tried to play the puck to a-train and it didn't connect. Second goal goes through a player trying to block a shot. I' not a goalie, but I don't think Marty could see the stick hitting the puck on the shot so I'm not if he just got surprised by it or didn't think it was going thru zach. He admitted he didn't see the third goal though the screen. Not a great game by any stretch of the imagination, but it's not like he let a goal in like fluery's where he missed covering the puck and it went in.

He played well down the stretch, and has a bad game and there are those here who want him taken out back and shot. Some of the same people that weren't fans of his while he was winning cup want him sat when he's on the way out. I'm shocked I tell ya.

There are 3 or 4 threads about marty but not one about staying out of the fvcking box? really, is it that hard to tell that fla has no offense unelss they are on the pp? Patty took an absolutely horrible penalty cause it had nothing to do with the play and the other team had no life. Why give the refs a chance to put you in the box? I saw someone bitch about kovy not doing more after the play in game one but the goal shoudld be take the hit and trn the other cheek. The more 5 on 5 the better.

I'd like Larsson to get some playoff experience but he isn't going in for a-train, just not the same role. He would be replacing Harold who has been getting second pp time so I don't think Adam will get in unless an injury happens.

As for the switch Henrique and Zajak, I think Pete wants the best faceoff guy on the line so they get more puck possesion. If there is any desperation, put elias between zach and kovy.

I guess it's the whole fan base casue at the game the bitching began after the first goal. Why is it the loudest people know the least. I loved the 'follow the game plan' helpful hints yelled right in my ear

Just had to get my thoughts in somewhere and these marty = old yeller threads are getting the most play so I figure I'd put it here.