GDT: Devils @ Colorado

puckrock

It's not exactly like we've been riding high. If we were more consistent at the things we do well over the things we do bad, I'd be more inclined to be enthusiastic. What other fans other than Devils fans are nervous as sh$t when their team enters the 3rd period up 3-1? Or what other team's fans would rather have their team play more on the PK than their own PP?

man i understand that but what can you really expect with a team who picked in the 20-30 range for the last 15 years or so cause they we're real good. And with all those other team picking for like 5 years straight in the top 5 or getting lucky with picks... you can't ride that wave forever i mean...

we did bad for one season and got a potentiel franchise dman and just signed one of the biggest free agent in the history (wtv how it turned out so far) and we're gonna be here whining that we're not having an excellent season... especially with our top center who's doing everything out of the lineup...

how spoiled are we really?

Edited by SterioDesign

man i understand that but what can you really expect with a team who picked in the 20-30 range for the last 15 years or so cause they we're real good. And with all those other team picking for like 5 years straight in the top 5 or getting lucky with picks... you can't ride that wave forever i mean...

we did bad for one season and got a potentiel franchise dman and just signed one of the biggest free agent in the history (wtv how it turned out so far) and we're gonna be here whining that we're not having an excellent season... especially with our top center who's doing everything out of the lineup...

how spoiled are we really?

It's not really whining and being spoiled it's about expectations. We haven't changed the core principles of this team about strong defensive play and discipline. Those are two of the foundations of this club. We seem to be straying away from that. Look at the Wings, they haven't drafted really high in a long time either, yet no matter who plays for them, the club always keeps it's expectations high.

It's not really whining and being spoiled it's about expectations. We haven't changed the core principles of this team about strong defensive play and discipline. Those are two of the foundations of this club. We seem to be straying away from that. Look at the Wings, they haven't drafted really high in a long time either, yet no matter who plays for them, the club always keeps it's expectations high.

the wings have been EXTRAORDINARY lucky, any team with a 6th and 7th round pick turning into superstars should be alright, if they knew they would have been this good they would have been picked way before... in those late round its a total swing in the dark... without those 2 they would have crashed years ago

Not taking Urbom for the ride may end up being a mistake.

I really don't get why they went to the trouble of calling him up and sending him down, ostensibly because Greene might not play, if Greene's not going to play anyway. If they were going to play Fraser anyway then what was the point of calling him up for a day and a half? To give him the Trent Hunter tour of the arena?

I really don't get why they went to the trouble of calling him up and sending him down, ostensibly because Greene might not play, if Greene's not going to play anyway. If they were going to play Fraser anyway then what was the point of calling him up for a day and a half? To give him the Trent Hunter tour of the arena?

Perhaps they didn't know how long Greene would be out for - right now it appears like it's a day to day thing and he'll be back on Friday. If he was going to be out for the whole road trip, then carrying an extra would be a necessity.

Perhaps they didn't know how long Greene would be out for - right now it appears like it's a day to day thing and he'll be back on Friday. If he was going to be out for the whole road trip, then carrying an extra would be a necessity.

And watch Greene be out for the whole trip or three games...we do some goofy things with our roster at times.

Still a poor decision with Volchenkov and Salvador on the back end. Anything can happen to these guys.