Golden Goal Or Not?

Satans Hockey

Golden Goal  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want it?

• Yes
    • No keep it the way it is

After watching the Mexico-Argentina today, I wish they had the golden goal rule in instead of playing that extra 30 minutes. It would make for more upsets and I just think it's more exciting. Those Argentina fans and players would have really been going crazy if they had just won the game on the ot goal. Any thoughts?

Edited by Satans Hockey

I'm for the "Silver Goal"

(when a team scores... the period must be finish... only one period)

Add more drama than play all 30 minutes

Is less cruel than Golden Goal

Didn't think of that one. Scoring has just been so low, that a golden goal might as well be used, cause im sure 95% of the time the team scoring that silver goal would win the game.

Golden goal al lthe way.. it puts that much more pressure on the teams not to screw up, 1 mistake game could be over.. yesterday they had anoher 20 minutes to make up for the mistake!!!

and there is nothing like pure excitement a game ending on a goal... not waiting 20 more minutes to celebrate

I'm not a big soccer fan, but I did watch yesterdays game. I *assumed* it was Golden Goal. So I see that sweet goal to make it 2-1 and I go downstairs to do laundry thinking that Argentina won... but when I came back, the game was still on. :huh:

Maybe it's my hockey bias, but I like sudden-death. The rest of the game seemed rather anti-climatic as Argentina spent most of the time playing keep-away.

Remember the '82 Semi between West Germany and France?

France scored TWO in extra time and the Germans then scored two of their own.........and then won it on penalties.......

One of the most exciting games ever in WC History. You wouldn't have had it with a Golden Goal.