GDT: Charlestown Chiefs @ New Jersey Devils 7PM

gardenstatepkwy

this was about as bad as it gets.

outside of elias and jagr, everyone was dreadful tonight. gelinas did not have a good game - this was the first one where he made multiple mistakes. for all the clamoring for josefson, he was invisible, as was tedenby.

flyers did a good job turning this game to slop and dove for 2 calls (anton and jagr).

i did not like ryder's game despite his post shot and PP miss.

what sucks is they wasted a good jagr game and a good marty game.

usually, you don't get too overworked about games like this - they happen 3-5 times a year. but the devils horrendous start pretty much destroyed any margin for error they had. they will need a 7-2-1 run sometime in 2013 or you can kiss this season good bye.

oh, and the 13k in the crowd for saturday vs the flyers - that is bad news. someone mentioned earlier that they think the devils are still doing major discounts and the like - i would say the opposite. i don't hear anything about good packages and deals.

I think you meant Zubrus and Jagr.  They and Marty were pretty much the only ones that showed up.

What a disappointment ... seriously. . And I didnt even know who brown was to throw my popcorn in the right direction bahaaa

there were only 4 people to choose from sitting in that section, you could have thrown popcorn at all 4 of them and woke them up

Edited by The 29th Pick

Took my 5-year-old daughter to this one.  Just me and her.  Was hoping for so much better.  I'm going to have a hell of a time indoctrinating her if I keep subjecting her to steaming piles of dung like this game.

Low shots on goal total was a little misleading, but only a little.  The Devil still looked incredibly lifeless and out-of-sorts for most of the game, save for a select few.  Sucks to see a good Marty start go to waste, and sometimes I feel like many of Jagr's current teammates aren't worthy of Jagr's hockey smarts or work ethic. 

And god was the top row of 210 annoying as hell.  Bunch of dummies who apparently can't handle a few beers without losing their friggin' minds.

• Like 1

Brodeur's save% is up to .888 and his GAA is down to 2.68.  Good for him...at least the numbers are heading in the right direction.

Did somebody Elias had a good game tonight? Lol

Ya.

Hell have a good game tomorrow too when he doesn't play again.

Whoever thinks JJ & fake #9 are going to pick up the slack is sadly mistaken. There's no way those two would be in the NHL if they were apart of another organization.

If this team doesn't make moves next year, which they won't...:unless you call players like Clowe a move...they're screwed for years.

My question is...how does this team even remain in New Jersey at this point?

Ya.

Whoever thinks JJ & fake #9 are going to pick up the slack is sadly mistaken. There's no way those two would be in the NHL if they were apart of another organization.

If this team doesn't make moves next year, which they won't...:unless you call players like Clowe a move...they're screwed for years.

You had me right up until your very last sentence.

Ya.

So are you still going to a "fan" when they become the Quebec Nordiques or Hamilton Devils?

Ya.

Stable ownership, long term arena lease, solid crowd numbers for the most part, a winning history...etc.

I just wished those solid crowd numbers would show up from October to December.  January to April is when our attendance is at its best.

They were also giving away very cheap tickets last season, were coming off a finals run, they had their best player and he hadn't quit yet, and management also wasn't at war with the ticket base.

And while yes they did fudge the numbers last year, they were mostly fudging 16,500 and up crowds into sellouts. It looked full on TV save for a smattering of empties. Now I see whole empty sections. It was really a shock for the Vancouver game for me. I would've bet anything that tonight would be AT LEAST 15,500.