24/7 Rangers Flyers

Revan

The series premieres on December 14, but a healthy preview is already here:

24/7 was absolutely awesome last year and it really made my December (ironically, I found it more interesting to watch than the Classic itself...), but, man, does it suck to watch the Rangers AND the Flyers in it at the same time. Too bad the NHL made me not watch the series or the game this year. :(

• Like 2

The Devils will probably make an episode when they play on 12/20...cant wait to see our boys up close for 2 mins :rolleyes:

They definitely planned it that way, and the game is in our building.. I lobbied the team to do their best to ensure only Devils fans could buy tickets to the game but they dropped the ball on that one.. We could have shown all the viewers that our fanbase is strong enough and passionate enough to make a good showing and keep it red, but now there will be 4k - 5k Rags fans at least (you know they'll want to see this one with HBO there plus it's a big game before the holidays) and we'll look like MSG West on HBO

If the Devils could 'make sure' only Devil fans bought the tickets they would have done so already. Even if Devil fans buy the tickets from the team, that doesn't exactly guarantee they'll be used be Devil fans.

Exactly.. They didn't care to make sure (actually, they loved the idea but never acted on it).. But there are ways of doing it, like only offering tickets to that game if you buy a pack, or even going so far as to hold the tickets at Will Call until the day before and day of the game.. I'm sure they could have come up with something but it is what it is so let's see if it ends up being embarrassing or not.. Maybe our fans will pull through

Exactly.. They didn't care to make sure (actually, they loved the idea but never acted on it).. But there are ways of doing it, like only offering tickets to that game if you buy a pack, or even going so far as to hold the tickets at Will Call until the day before and day of the game.. I'm sure they could have come up with something but it is what it is so let's see if it ends up being embarrassing or not.. Maybe our fans will pull through

I guarantee that forcing people to jump through hoops to get tickets to that particular game would scare away just as many Devils fans as it would Ranger fans. It's ridiculous to think that the team is going to pass up guaranteed profits just so there's less of the opposing team's fans there. If I own a sports arena, I'm selling tickets to whoever will buy them when I don't have a team that can sell out the building night in and night out.

I guarantee that forcing people to jump through hoops to get tickets to that particular game would scare away just as many Devils fans as it would Ranger fans. It's ridiculous to think that the team is going to pass up guaranteed profits just so there's less of the opposing team's fans there. If I own a sports arena, I'm selling tickets to whoever will buy them when I don't have a team that can sell out the building night in and night out.

You're suggesting that we actually do need Rangers fans to sell out our building for those games? They could sell out the arena to entirely Devils fans if they wanted to for this match up.. Fact of the matter is that it's a short train ride for Rangers fans both in NJ and in NY, and our tickets to this match up are much cheaper than theirs, so I concede that they would have gotten a decent showing from fans buying on resell sites like StubHub.. But I think it was at least worth a good effort.. They could have held tickets until a week before the game and released the remaining ones, and this game still would have easily sold out.. Sure money up front is always better, but for 1 game that they're guaranteed to sellout anyway, I think it wouldn't have been so bad to make the effort

It's up to Devils fans to buy tickets. It's not on the team to have to find creative loopholes and trapdoors to get them to do so. That speaks just as badly.

It also hurts that the same lower level seats each season are owned by brokers/scalpers. Same thing happened at CAA. You could go to any game and see NYR/Flyer fans in the same seats game in and game out.

It's up to Devils fans to buy tickets. It's not on the team to have to find creative loopholes and trapdoors to get them to do so. That speaks just as badly.

It also hurts that the same lower level seats each season are owned by brokers/scalpers. Same thing happened at CAA. You could go to any game and see NYR/Flyer fans in the same seats game in and game out.

I don't think it speaks badly.. The Mets require you to buy a ticket plan/pack in order to get Yankee tickets (then hold a lottery for the remaining tickets).. Not only does it attempt to keep Yankee fans out, but it boosts sales for other games.. What would have been so bad about the Devils doing something similar? Why not leverage Rangers games to sell tickets to other games? They already do this to some extent but I think once this year's 24/7 is on TV the hype for this game will be near playoff level

I hope we kill them that game so that we can see them get beaten up in the locker room after :cheers:

Edited by Colin226

I don't think it speaks badly.. The Mets require you to buy a ticket plan/pack in order to get Yankee tickets (then hold a lottery for the remaining tickets).. Not only does it attempt to keep Yankee fans out, but it boosts sales for other games.. What would have been so bad about the Devils doing something similar? Why not leverage Rangers games to sell tickets to other games? They already do this to some extent but I think once this year's 24/7 is on TV the hype for this game will be near playoff level

I hope we kill them that game so that we can see them get beaten up in the locker room after :cheers:

The Mets are in the same position as the Devils. They are both teams with fan support issues when a rival comes to play in their own place.

In other words, if the Mets and Devils need to "protect" tickets from other teams fans because their own fans can not fill them it looks bad.

Is rather stay at home and watch games rather than having to buy a plan just to get rangers or flyers games. Yes the Mets and Yankees do it but it is a sh!t practice and you hear many of the fans who can only afford a few games here and there say only deep pocketed business type customers can afford it.

Also the devils are no where near the Yankees and even the Mets in terms of selling tickets and popularity, so it will be unlikely that they can even sell those plans. Hell right now I have two reps calling me five times a week begging me to buy a plan right for almost two months now.

Back at CAA when my family had season tickets, there were 4 seats in our row about 2 seats over from us that always had a different person in them. However, the tickets I saw in their hands were always the season ticket type and not one from TM or box office type. Also for every single Flyers, Islanders, or Rags game, they were always taken by their fans.