2013 Miami Dolphins Thread

Daniel

So now the Fins are looking at long? Did they just want to let the Rams waste all their time and money on the physical and then sign him at the last minute?

And correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't getting Pitta mean giving Balt. a 2nd round pick plus giving him a new contract? and hoping Balt. doesn't match?

I'm pretty sure what happened was the Dolphins told Long to test the market and see if he could get a better deal somewhere else.  Seems like St. Louis is not blowing him away.

Well they'll definitely find out how good Tannehill is this year. No more excuse of lack of weapons. He's got weapons as well as a system he's familiar with now. If he struggles early there's really going to be clamoring for Moore.

Most notably frim hysterics like me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

This is depressing as a Jets fan. Phins could easily make the playoffs if Tannehill progresses

I remember a; "Dream Team" that was tagged in June of 2011.. which finished with a 7-9 record for the year.

Very rarely do the winners of the offseason win much of anything come the regular season. (take it from me) There's no radar to fly under for the fish anymore. Between Hard Knocks last season, and the FA signings their doing this year, Miami is painting a bullseye on their backs.. which is going to make teams circle them on their calendar. I look forward to see if they're up to the challenge.

I remember a; "Dream Team" that was tagged in June of 2011.. which finished with a 7-9 record for the year.

Very rarely do the winners of the offseason win much of anything come the regular season. (take it from me) There's no radar to fly under for the fish anymore. Between Hard Knocks last season, and the FA signings their doing this year, Miami is painting a bullseye on their backs.. which is going to make teams circle them on their calendar. I look forward to see if they're up to the challenge.

I also remember a dream team of last season...they played in a garish neon green fish tank...same city, different sport ;-) but were thrown together in a similar fashion

Miami should be better. But it's not guarantee. I think the odds of them making the playoffs are about equal to them going 6-10 or so. It's tough to just throw things together in just one offseason. Plus injuries are always a major wild card in football, and no team knows what year the bug is going to truly ravage them.

Hopefully jake re-signs for something reasonable, and we draft Xavier Rhodes at #12.

It's starting to look like Long will be back, but they better not pay a penny over $8 mil for him. I'm really hoping we make a run at Dumervil though, he would look great paired with Wake. And yeah, Rhodes would be the guy I'd target at 12 since Milliner will be long gone.

Long picks St. Louis. 4/34/16 with a possibility of $2MM more in incentives. And apparently there was a third mystery team that made an even higher bid to sign Long than that, if this article is to be believed.

Seems legit. With Zach and now Jake I've learned my lesson about customized jerseys. Make sure the guy really is going to stick around for a while.

Dumervil would be a smart signing for Miami. Dumervil/Wake coming at you would be terrifying. I would fear that more than Wallace/Keller combined. That combo would create mismatches in the secondary in Miami's favor as so much more offensive personnel would have to go into blocking them and pressure the Qb's into huge mistakes

Dumervil would be a smart signing for Miami. Dumervil/Wake coming at you would be terrifying. I would fear that more than Wallace/Keller combined. That combo would create mismatches in the secondary in Miami's favor as so much more offensive personnel would have to go into blocking them and pressure the Qb's into huge mistakes

Wake/Dumervil would be one of the top 3 pass-rushing duos in the league. He  grew up  in Miami as well and apparently has interest in playing for the Dolphins. He should be our #1 priority imo.

For any QB to be able to utilize his new offensive toys, they need a quality line. Do the Fins have this with Long in St.Louis. The Rams are going to be in the race next year.

Too early to say, re offensive line.  Jonathan Martin, a second round pick in last year's draft, did a pretty good job when he moved to left tackle for the last four games when Long got hurt.  He has physical limitations in that he's not that strong and moves a bit awkwardly.  They have an all-pro caliber center in MIke Pouncey, an above-average guard in Richie Incognito, and an improving, but unspectactual guard, in John Jerry.  They might be in a position to draft one of the top three or four offensive linemen in this year's draft, but there's pressure to go after a defensive back or another skill player with their number one pick.

That running game is terrible, I would think a RB with a top pick is needed if Miami wants to be a serious contender.

Lamar Miller did pretty well in the limited amount of time he got last year. If Thomas's brains aren't completely scrambled at this point, he's fairly reliable. Green Bay never had great running backs, so I guess that's Ohilbin's philosophy.