Fantasy Baseball Season Thread

NJDevs4978

I was getting tired of looking at the humongous draft thread and it served its purpose anyway :P I think we'll probably leave the draft board up a few days till everyone double and triple-checks their teams. It'd be better to keep posts on here than on the Yahoo! board but we'll either pin this or periodically bump it up so it doesn't get lost in the shuffle I suppose.

Edited by Hasan4978

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that everyone can see the lineups what does everyone think about everyone else's teams? Personally I think almost anyone can make the playoffs. Maybe there's two-four teams I'd say won't or need a lot of work. Among the other teams I'd say Petey's is the best I've seen. I won't rate my own but I do think I'll make the playoffs :lol:

Edited by Hasan4978

I like my team, but i think it definitely needs a little work, ive been thinking about trades hopefully i can work out a few. I like my pitching staff though.

BTW, a reminder from the other thread: Marquis and Penny are off limits cause red drafted 'em and apparently something got screwed up and they were accidentally undrafted :P The funny thing is I took like fifteen minutes and doublechecked everyone else's team and found no other mistakes, how is it that the only mistakes happened with red's own team? :lol:

halfshark I wouldn't be too sure buddy, your pitching IS pretty good, but I'm not sure about your offense. You have a bunch of risks there, not all of them are gonna pan out.

Edited by Hasan4978

The more i look at the draft, the more i think that really anyone could take this, especially since there are so many aspects of this season taht are wide open, and there are so many players with the potential to have big years.

The biggest key as always is staying healthy, the first team to lose one of its top 2 pitches for an extended period will be done.

Thats where depth comes in, I think my team is hurting in depth, but a strong infiled and strong SP should keep me competitive.

Burrel could be the key, big year out of him could help my team considerably.

Ok just had a chacne to go through all the teams

IMHO ( not that i know anything)

derek's team gets the highest ranking ( best being 12 stars) of a 9.5( loved his OF and his top 4 starters).

followed by:

Petey 8.5 ( solid all around butnot great anywhere)

Clown 8.5 ( again solid all around not great anywhere)

DR33 8.5(ditto)

Everyone else was pretty much at 7.5 or 8.0 except ....

Shark who got a 6.5 ( what did you expect w/ the METS starting IF!!!)

Should be FUN!!

Don't get me started on that 731, what a jack-$$ move by Willie :doh1::rolleyes: But you know why they're doing it, because they have to kiss Cameron's a$$ a little due to him moving positions :P Matsui's the other speed guy in the lineup so I can understand batting him two. I don't understand putting him below Mintkevich either, he of the .235 average last year, I know he was a good offensive player for a couple years in Minnesota but cripes hit HIM eighth in front of the pitcher.

Ya, if you want to bat Cameron 6 and Wright 7 to start the year I could live with that. But there is no reason to bat Wright behind Minny. Now everyone can pitch around Wright to get to the pitcher plus he has 2 guys with crappy OBP batting in front of him. Wright will be the 2nd best Met hitter and be in the 8 hole where he'll be least able to do damage.

Actually Yahoo! usually waits till the team themselves puts a guy on the DL, I was hoping Borowski'd be eligible for the DL so I could stash him, he wasn't till just AFTER I'd dropped him cause it took the Cubs forever to DL him, oh well, I may need the DL slot for Mr. My back hurts every time I give up more than a run Kevin Brown anyway :P

Edited by Hasan4978

Ichiro is a pure steal that late in the 2nd, Delgado was a horrible pick. Hernandez for the Washington team will be a sleeper, has excellent selection of pitches. Bonds is going to hurt Derek alot. Petty seems to have the best team top to bottom allthough Rios could have been a smart gamble. His swing is silky smooth and it seems as if he bulked up and is hitting for more power. Good arm also.

Here is the thing with Delgado. He had an off year last year and two years ago he was just fantastic and should have won AL MVP

Batting Average: .302

Home Runs: 42

RBIs 145

Runs 117

I am hoping he can produce numbers a lot better then last year and more like two years ago.

Edited by devilsrule33

I think that is asking a lot. Switching leagues is tough for a hitter since he will be facing many pitchers for the first time ever. Not to mention the rally killing automatic out in the NL lineups will likely provide him with fewer RBI opportunities and the fact that Joe Robbie is a pitchers park and I think you'll see numbers much closer to last year than 2 years ago.