Devils could part with Zajac if Kovalchuk stays

msweet

Wow. Just don't see this happening at all. just the thought is crazy right now. BUT

Lou maybe also thinking of future star centers Josefson and Henrique that will be playing for the Devils possibly this or next season. Zajac if the trade was right could be dealt somewhere like maybe Toronto for Kaberle even though I just don't see Zajac being dealt. You just never know though with Lou these days.

Zajac for Kaberle would be a horrible deal.

So basically we would be trading one of the best young centers in the league for a aging over paid defenseman. Not a good idea.

if we trade Zajac we might as well give up on the future and let Parise walk, which should be ok because we have the all mighty Kovalchuk.

Edited by overtime98

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In fairness to (N)Єverson (...did I really just say that?), he HAS had a pretty good track record this summer.

Still don't actually see it happening, of course. I'd be hard pressed to name our top 4 centers right now with Zajac on the roser, let alone with him gone.

You ever heard the phrase "even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then?"

(N)Єverson is a deaf, dumb, and blind squirrel that got lucky as sh!t this summer.

http://www.spectorshockey.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1765:updates-on-thornton-and-zajac&catid=5:trade-rumors&Itemid=4

This from Spector's Hockey:

SPECTOR'S NOTE: Zajac would be considerably more attractive to rival teams than Zubrus and Salvador but I doubt Devils management intend to move him. If GM Lou Lamoriello is unable to move significant salary via trade he'll probably go the demotion route. It wouldn't be the first time he's done that (hello there, Dan McGillis).

zajac could be dealt sometime in the future, but i think HOI means that zajac is not going to be traded this off-season to make room for kovalchuk. considering zajac is probably a better player than kovalchuk, it wouldn't make a damn bit of sense.

Triumph I swear, there is not a koolaid pitcher big enough to respond to that

You ever heard the phrase "even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then?"

(N)Єverson is a deaf, dumb, and blind squirrel that got lucky as sh!t this summer.

haha when i worked retail, a manager once told me "eventually if you put a monkey in front of a typewriter, he is bound to type a word"

Notice he never said he has a source. Only that "rumors" are out there. The only remotely plausible reason that Zajac would be on the block would be instructions from VBK to get Kovalchuk signed at all costs except Parise.

That is what I fear is happening based on the "rumored" names. There is no market for Rolston, Zubrus or Salvador, so Lou MAY have to deal core players.

If it were going to be Rolston, he'd have been gone already. Maybe he'd wait on Salvador?

If Lou is going to get rid of Rolston presumably a first-rounder or a prospect would also be going back in that deal to sweeten the pot. Why give up those assets if you don't have to? Especially since if you don't sign Kovy then trade another (cough) 20-goal scoring wing you leave yourself even more short.

Trading Zajac makes no sense with this team's lack of depth down the middle, especially when you could easily dispose of Salvador and Zubrus if you had to, since neither has a NTC. If Zajac ever did get moved it would be for reasons other than getting under the cap.

Edited by Hasan4978

If Lou is going to get rid of Rolston presumably a first-rounder or a prospect would also be going back in that deal to sweeten the pot. Why give up those assets if you don't have to? Especially since if you don't sign Kovy then trade another (cough) 20-goal scoring wing you leave yourself even more short.

Trading Zajac makes no sense with this team's lack of depth down the middle, especially when you could easily dispose of Salvador and Zubrus if you had to, since neither has a NTC. If Zajac ever did get moved it would be for reasons other than getting under the cap.

As I said before: If Rolston is leaving, it's going to be with Henrique.