Questions for Euro Football Fans

Daniel

So I was passively watching Premier League highlites after the Hawks/Caps game, and was once reminded of what appeared to the Yank observer to be ridiculously faked injuries.

First, am I correct that most of these "injuries" are totally fake? If so, has there any attempt to put an end to this, like, you're out for the rest of the game if you have to be carried off the field, etc., or you get fined for it? Or is it just considered part of the game?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HDA

I've been watching for a couple of years now, and I've come to the belief that probably more than half of the "injuries" do involve some pain or a real collision, but that also more than half of the time, the player embellishes and/or milks it. The incentives to do that are there (refs don't want to keep stopping the game, and it just simply doesn't look like it was much of a big deal if the player stays on his feet), and the disincentives are not strong enough.

I've been watching for a couple of years now, and I've come to the belief that probably more than half of the "injuries" do involve some pain or a real collision, but that also more than half of the time, the player embellishes and/or milks it. The incentives to do that are there (refs don't want to keep stopping the game, and it just simply doesn't look like it was much of a big deal if the player stays on his feet), and the disincentives are not strong enough.