Where to watch in NYC?

NYCdevil

RD???? Wow, haven't seen you here in awhile!

Also, if you're looking for a place sorta close to Penn Station, Gossip is a good option. It's on 9th between 49th and 50th. 15 minute walk from Penn, but my girlfriend and I go there all the time, so the 'tenders know to put Devils hockey on. Just ask and they are cool about it. No sound, but you'll have a good seat. Good is great there too, which always helps and the bartenders are good with buybacks. Very good Guinness pint as well.

Another option!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too late for tonight, but a great bar to check out is Standings in the East Village. They have awesome beer on tap and were quick to throw on the Devils game (with sound) when I stopped in for Game 2. Not sure how it would be on a night that we're overlapping with a Rangers, but they're generally very friendly to out-of-town fans so I think it would be a good spot to try.

There's also Windfall around Bryant Park, which is a Canadian bar, and therefore also a hockey bar.

...why have I never heard of this place before? I know where I'm going next time I'm in the city.

I actually just learned about this place myself (through a Leafs fan) and haven't even been to watch any hockey yet. But apparently every Saturday night they turn into a particularly massive Canada-fest, throw on Hockey Night in Canada and serve poutine. And poutine + Devils hockey = glory.

Edited by CHICOEATS11

Going to The Flying Puck tonight with some people to watch the game. I just called and they confirmed that they'll be showing the game on all screens WITH SOUND. I was there for game 1 of the Devils-Panthers series and there were at least 15-20 Devils fans there in their jerseys. More tonight, I'm sure.

Anyone else going? :koolaid:

There's also Windfall around Bryant Park, which is a Canadian bar, and therefore also a hockey bar.

I've got class tonight at Hunter, so I'll be checking this place out. Thanks.

Going to The Flying Puck tonight with some people to watch the game. I just called and they confirmed that they'll be showing the game on all screens WITH SOUND. I was there for game 1 of the Devils-Panthers series and there were at least 15-20 Devils fans there in their jerseys. More tonight, I'm sure.

Anyone else going? :koolaid:

That's awesome.. If we win, start a rot and burn down MSG

• 2 weeks later...

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1131971&page=4

According to the guys in this thread ^^^ we'll be throwing down at a (straight) bar in Chelsea called Flight 151. I'll probably be going there for Wednesday's game as long as we can confirm that they'll have the sound on. Supposedly, the owner is a huge Devils fan, season ticket holder, etc... Let's bring our rally towels and other stuff, maybe we can make this bar ours!

I will be checking out Kelly's for Saturday's game. My brother, who is a Rangers fan living in Toronto, is here for the weekend and of all the bars people listed, Kelly's is the only one with Super Chexx bubble hockey. That made it an easy decision :)

I hadn't heard of that Windfall place, which is surprising as an ex-pat Canuck living in the city. I wonder if they will broadcast the CBC feed of the ECF. That alone would make it worth it, to avoid having to hear Pierre Mcguire. I know next time the Devils play the Leafs on Hockey Night in Canada in Toronto I'll be at Windfall.

I will be checking out Kelly's for Saturday's game. My brother, who is a Rangers fan living in Toronto, is here for the weekend and of all the bars people listed, Kelly's is the only one with Super Chexx bubble hockey. That made it an easy decision :)

I hadn't heard of that Windfall place, which is surprising as an ex-pat Canuck living in the city. I wonder if they will broadcast the CBC feed of the ECF. That alone would make it worth it, to avoid having to hear Pierre Mcguire. I know next time the Devils play the Leafs on Hockey Night in Canada in Toronto I'll be at Windfall.

Hopefully for your sake Hughson is the CBC man calling the series, and not Cole.

No sound last week, but one of the bartenders was a Devils fan, and the staff was cool.

Hopefully for your sake Hughson is the CBC man calling the series, and not Cole.

Cole is so senile now it's hilarious. My favourite part about him is how often he calls sons of former players by their father's name. He's been around so long, it happens all the time.

I have a fondness for him though, he called all three of the Devils Stanley Cup victories in Canada, so that's whose voice I associated with winning it all.

I think a big bunch of us from a few different sites are going to Flight 151 in Manhattan. Come one come all, with jerseys on!

I'll be locked in my apartment studying between the end of work and the puck drop. Have a drink for me. Hopefully we're still playing after my final's done so I can make it to one of these things.

I was at 151 along with another member, i have no idea where the rest of the people who said they would show went.

I was going to go with a lot of people, but the dealbreaker for me was the no sound. My group and I ended up going to Texas Arizona in Hoboken.