Phireworks in Filly!

Biggie B

Philly is the only reason we need guys like Cam-Jam

clarky will certainly be missed for a game like tonight too... say whatever you want about the guy like him or not but he never took sh!t from anyone and was also right there behind a team mate sticking up for someone.. thats respect in my book, not leaving someone out to dry on their own.. we have no real go to guys like that any more that will fight.

Holtby kept getting back to his feet to continue the fight.  People are making it sound like he was down and Emery kept swinging away.  This is not what happened.  It was obviously very one-sided, but once the fight started it's not like Holtby was trying to get away, and when he was ultimately taken down, Emery stopped swinging and the linesmen broke it up.

He kept trying to get up so that he could stop getting punched in the head lol.

And people say fighting is bad for hockey. Because of this every hockey message board is jumping, fans are texting back and forth "hey did you see what happened!?", the folks that went to that game have a story to tell and a memory for life, hockey will actually make it in some national sports highlight packages, a former rivalry that has since died may now be rekindled. Washington should be looking for revenge the next game.

All in all, this incident is a net game for the league.

Not this one, man. Especially with Lecavelier and Downie out (still in the hospital). This is bad all around, they need to react swiftly and strongly to this game, especially Ray Emery, who should get a minimum of 3-4 games.

I don't know one person outside of Philly who really liked what this fight was all about, just flat out pathetic.

Not this one, man. Especially with Lecavelier and Downie out (still in the hospital). This is bad all around, they need to react swiftly and strongly to this game, especially Ray Emery, who should get a minimum of 3-4 games.

For what?  Instigating a fight?  He got the instigator penalty for that.  When have you seen someone get suspended for something like this?  This isn't like the Carkner and Boyle incident because Boyle at no point was a willing participant and Holtby, while he tried to stay out of it at first, did drop the gloves and try to throw some punches.  Also Carkner repeatedly pummeled Boyle after taking him down, Emery did not do that.

clarky will certainly be missed for a game like tonight too... say whatever you want about the guy like him or not but he never took sh!t from anyone and was also right there behind a team mate sticking up for someone.. thats respect in my book, not leaving someone out to dry on their own.. we have no real go to guys like that any more that will fight.

yeah..I agree, Clarky was an old school type hockey player, not flashy, not pretty, just a... "I'll do whatever my team needs me to do"  kinda guy

I do miss him and that type of player on our team...the gritty type

maybe Clowe will be that guy...but.............

yeah..I agree, Clarky was an old school type hockey player, not flashy, not pretty, just a... "I'll do whatever my team needs me to do"  kinda guy

I do miss him and that type of player on our team...the gritty type

maybe Clowe will be that guy...but.............

lol clowe going out and getting into fights BAHAHAHAA hell be out for three seasons if he gets hit in the head one more time.. the guy got elbowed not even punched and hes been out since mid october... clowe doesnt have the health to be fighting i hope he retires or something... just get him out of here

lol clowe going out and getting into fights BAHAHAHAA hell be out for three seasons if he gets hit in the head one more time.. the guy got elbowed not even punched and hes been out since mid october... clowe doesnt have the health to be fighting i hope he retires or something... just get him out of here

if he gets another concussion or two, Lou should make him retire

I think if Clarkson is on the ice for the Caps and Emery is doing that to Holtby I don't think theres much doubt he jumps in there for Holtby and pulls Emery off. Have to protect your goalie - who cares about fines and suspensions. In the long run if your starting goalie gets concussed as a result of the jumping its a bigger deal.

Not sure what was going on on the ice at the time that was going on - probably a bunch of tied up pairs but someone has to jump in there.

Edited by gardenstatepkwy