GDT: Mallards @ Devils- 7 pm

dmann422

Lol at the 4th liner hate after every loss. Yeah the 4th liners are really holding us back. Oh wait what did anaheims 4th line do tonight? That's right nothing because ours was better.

People need to stop blaming every loss on the freaking 4th line and gionta. He was out in OT because of his speed and most other guys were gassed on the first of a back to back. It's not like he was on the first ot shift.

And people getting on gelinas' case for a bad game yes he wasn't very good but look no further than zidlicky to see an even worse game but no nobody mentions him. And surprise surprise our power play goal was with Greene leading the rush.

I don't think Zidlicky was good, but Gelinas was directly responsible via error for 2 of the goals.  His flubbed pass caused the Ducks to get an easy zone entry on goal #2, and he was unable to stop Palmieri from going wide.  Zidlicky managed to not take a penalty which is an immediate plus in my book.

I have to rant.

No, it's not about the game. First time I've been to a Devils home game in two years because of college, and while it wasn't what I wanted I had a blast.

IF YOU ARE A CASUAL FAN, and I mean someone who knows what "the devils" are and knows what a "hockey puck" is, and not much else, SHUT THE HELL UP AT THE GAMES.

I sat next to a woman. She was mid-twenties, reeked of booze and cigs, talked with a thick Long Island accent. Regardless, she wasn't too terrible in the beginning. Polite, at least. But, as soon as the puck dropped, until the end of the game, she used one. fvcking. word.

"Dangle"

Incorrectly, correctly, awkwardly... didn't matter. "Why didn't you dangle him, Henrique (hen-ree-kay)", "ugh Marty would have dangled that puck better than Chris Schneider", "DANGLE IT MEN, COME ON, DANGLE IT!". "That wasn't a foul, he was just dangling him". "DANGLE IT!" "Why is this so hard to score, just dangle more."

It wouldn't be so cringe-worthy if she did it every ten minutes. Every period. Something like that. No, though, it was literally every single play. She would bounce back and forth between yelling her favorite hockey phrase and explaining to her friend what she meant. "If he dangled that puck, we wouldn't have had an offsides foul, and probably would have scored". The worst, by far, was when she said "there's always the fourth quarter".

If you're learning the game, that's awesome. It's an awesome game, it really is. But for christ's sakes, do it quietly. Ask questions. Don't say the fvcking word dangle.

I'm annoyed of this Bitch just hearing about her

exactly, when our 4th line is matched up against a lot of other teams 4ths, we're coming out ahead a lot of the time. It's when they are playing against top lines that they get hemmed in their zone.

So what was the 4th lines excuse for the 2nd goal tonight when they weren't up against a top line/players and janssen looked like he was completely lost like a blind squirrel finding a nut?

So what was the 4th lines excuse for the 2nd goal tonight when they weren't up against a top line/players and janssen looked like he was completely lost like a blind squirrel finding a nut?

cam shouldnt even be on the roster enless were playing a team where we need his physical presence... a lot of players should not be playing roles that they are being put in right now.. with all of the injuries theres nothing to do about it.. last night bernier was on a line with elias.... thats pathetic elias set him up perfectly 2 or 3 times in front of an open net and he couldnt bang one in.. the team needs to get healthy

grabovski and fehr are two of washingtons top forwards 5v5, they arent scrubs. And the primary blame for that goal is gelinas (who had a terribad game tonight) for drifting over to the far side and leaving a player all alone at the side of the net.

Do you have equal hate for the players on for the other 3 goals? No mention of gionta's SH goal the other night in his first game back?

I'm not saying our 4th line is tearing it up or is highly skilled, but they aren't the reason that we haven't been ripping off 3 win streaks. Look at washingtons 4th line... What did they do tonight?

And am I going to have this bumped every time they're on for a goal against? Is that really how deep your hatred goes?

grabovski and fehr are two of washingtons top forwards 5v5, they arent scrubs. And the primary blame for that goal is gelinas (who had a terribad game tonight) for drifting over to the far side and leaving a player all alone at the side of the net.

Do you have equal hate for the players on for the other 3 goals? No mention of gionta's SH goal the other night in his first game back?

I'm not saying our 4th line is tearing it up or is highly skilled, but they aren't the reason that we haven't been ripping off 3 win streaks. Look at washingtons 4th line... What did they do tonight?

And am I going to have this bumped every time they're on for a goal against? Is that really how deep your hatred goes?

Relax. I'm not the only one here who has a dislike for whatever AHL forward they dress on the 4th line. 

If you saw Janssen out there on the goal, he looked like he was skating on a swivel. The puck went in and he still had no clue what was going on. 

They aren't scrubs, but they aren't 1st liners either. If your 4th line can't go out and play a shift or two a game against a 3rd line (or 2nd) on the road when they get caught in a change, they don't belong in the NHL. No one's asking for them to produce in that situation, but they should be able to hold their own until they get off the ice. If Pete is sending his 4th out there against a 1st or 2nd on purpose, then he's setting them up to fail. A 4th line doesn't make or break a team, but a 4th line should be able to produce minutes where you don't cringe and you trust the players. This was seen in the 2012 playoffs and how the Bruins have won one cup and played for another with 4 lines of depth that can play on the NHL.

Who cares about the other team's 4th line? We're talking about the 4th line being out there when they aren't playing against a 4th line. Hence, that's why your quote was bumped. They weren't playing against a top line and they still got burned. They can't be trusted away from a 4th line/4th line matchup and even then, depending on the team, its not a guarantee. 

Relax. I'm not the only one here who has a dislike for whatever AHL forward they dress on the 4th line.

If you saw Janssen out there on the goal, he looked like he was skating on a swivel. The puck went in and he still had no clue what was going on.

They aren't scrubs, but they aren't 1st liners either. If your 4th line can't go out and play a shift or two a game against a 3rd line (or 2nd) on the road when they get caught in a change, they don't belong in the NHL. No one's asking for them to produce in that situation, but they should be able to hold their own until they get off the ice. If Pete is sending his 4th out there against a 1st or 2nd on purpose, then he's setting them up to fail. A 4th line doesn't make or break a team, but a 4th line should be able to produce minutes where you don't cringe and you trust the players. This was seen in the 2012 playoffs and how the Bruins have won one cup and played for another with 4 lines of depth that can play on the NHL.

Who cares about the other team's 4th line? We're talking about the 4th line being out there when they aren't playing against a 4th line. Hence, that's why your quote was bumped. They weren't playing against a top line and they still got burned. They can't be trusted away from a 4th line/4th line matchup and even then, depending on the team, its not a guarantee.

our team takes advantage if other 4th lines just as often as ours gets taken advantage of. It's the nature of the game especially on the road when the other team has the last change. If your going to complain about the 4th line then I'd like to see how many other 4ths around the league are better.

And again, sestito and Janssen are only playing due to injuries. I'm not sure what you want Pete to do. No matter who plays, they won't be getting more than 8 mins of ice time a game.

our team takes advantage if other 4th lines just as often as ours gets taken advantage of. It's the nature of the game especially on the road when the other team has the last change. If your going to complain about the 4th line then I'd like to see how many other 4ths around the league are better.

And again, sestito and Janssen are only playing due to injuries. I'm not sure what you want Pete to do. No matter who plays, they won't be getting more than 8 mins of ice time a game.

Hence, the overall need in the NHL for a 4th line in that situation that can at least hold their own until they get off the ice. When the Devils, for one, had this is 2012 they turned into  a solid 4 line team that could play all situations. They could play and did play more then 8 mins a game.

Cam is playing not because of injury. He's playing because for some reason only known to Lou and Pete he fills a role they don't have and brings "energy". Sestito is here due to injury.