Photo

Facebook founder to give 100 million dollars to Newark schools.

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,165 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 02:09 PM

Colin, re-read my post please. My point is the amount of money that has gone to 'consulting'. Can anyone prove the amount has been unnecesary? No. Does it sound like a BS amount? Sure.

Why does it sounds like a BS amount? What background do you have to make that statement? My point is it's all completely speculation that this has been mishandled, and looks like people just trying to find more scandal in Newark.. There is simply no way Booker, a great mayor for Newark and the first honest one in years, would commit fraud right off the bat and jeopardize the $135 million he is still owed.. Not to mention the groups freaking out about this are ones who seem pretty butt hurt over not getting their piece of the pie or at least some influence in the city's decisions
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#22 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,893 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 04:21 PM

Why does it sounds like a BS amount? What background do you have to make that statement? My point is it's all completely speculation that this has been mishandled, and looks like people just trying to find more scandal in Newark.. There is simply no way Booker, a great mayor for Newark and the first honest one in years, would commit fraud right off the bat and jeopardize the $135 million he is still owed.. Not to mention the groups freaking out about this are ones who seem pretty butt hurt over not getting their piece of the pie or at least some influence in the city's decisions

It is all speculation. I am not claiming that it is a fact that Cory Booker is indeed raping the city of Newark out of millions of dollars. I am just questioning how much money is needed for consulting. If you think he is a great mayor then you wont read anything into the amount of money being spent on it. If you think hes a NJ politician then there could very well be some corruption afoot given the amount of money at hand - maybe from Booker, or from others. The people complaining about it are not looking for anything, just seeing that a large portion of the money hasnt gone to schools.

#23 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,165 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 08:19 PM

It is all speculation. I am not claiming that it is a fact that Cory Booker is indeed raping the city of Newark out of millions of dollars. I am just questioning how much money is needed for consulting. If you think he is a great mayor then you wont read anything into the amount of money being spent on it. If you think hes a NJ politician then there could very well be some corruption afoot given the amount of money at hand - maybe from Booker, or from others. The people complaining about it are not looking for anything, just seeing that a large portion of the money hasnt gone to schools.

It will definitely be interesting to see how it plays out.. I'm curious as to when the next payment is due.. I guess we'll just have to wait and see
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users