• Nov 12
    • Dec 12
    • Jan 13
    • Feb 13
    • Mar 13
    • Apr 13
    • Oct 13
    • Never

I propose fans across the league get up and walk out after the first period at all opening night games. I thought the first stoppage of play, but buildings are still half empty then.

I like the idea, but the other way around. League/PA negotiators took the offseason and first half of the season off, so we should take the first two periods off and show up for the third. Spend the first two periods in local establishments contributing to the people who were hurt the most by this circle jerk of a lockout.

• Like 1

Even if the NHL and PA reach a deal, I can't get excited or celebrate the lockout being over. The damage is done as far as I'm concerned. A shortened season after a 3rd lockout won't even feel like a real season to me. Not trying to be a downer but it's just the way I feel, I'm sure most will disagree with me.

This pretty much sums it up for me. As a whole, they all come off like a bunch of clowns right now.

It sucks losing Parise, but we got the best years out of him. I'm fine letting someone else overpay for what he did HERE

That's a good point. Parise's contracts here were all very undervalued, and now signing that super bloated contract with the Wild it's overvalued. From a moneyball standpoint, it's a win.

Being a hockey fan is like being in love with a woman who cheats on you. Time and time again, you stay up late waiting for her to come home, which sometimes doesn't happen for an entire year. You know she's been playing around with that Russian down the block who drives the fancy car but lives in a sh!thole apartment. You know that, even though you finance pretty much everything she does, she continues to do this to you. You convince yourself that as soon as she walks back through that door, you're gonna tell her to go fvck herself, slam the door behind you as you leave, and flirt with the tall drink of water next door with the hoop above her garage. But you know you won't. As soon as she returns, all common sense and self respect go out the window. All will be forgiven and forgotten. Again.

This. Is. Awesome.

I like the idea, but the other way around. League/PA negotiators took the offseason and first half of the season off, so we should take the first two periods off and show up for the third. Spend the first two periods in local establishments contributing to the people who were hurt the most by this circle jerk of a lockout.

DIG is my new favorite poster on these boards. Edited by Brick Pig

in a long run you still need those kind of players, real warriors. I never said we'd be horrible but we were a better team with Zach thats for sure. Thats like saying that the Devils would have never really needed Brodeur after all cause we saw that a guy like clemmenson can do the job. Or that Pittsburgh doesnt need Crosby since they are still a good team without him.

Malkin is the lynchpin on the Pens not Crosby.

That's tough for pissed off season ticket holders that have already given teams their money. My suggestion is just the easiest to be pulled off but will never happen. The game will return, and so will everyone by the the the playoffs start, just like the last two times. Our average attendance went up 1200 per game in 95.

I mean, by rights there is no reason why the NHL season should be 82 games except that it makes more money for players and owners. It's not surprising that by chopping off the unprofitable part of the season that the Devils did better attendance-wise (and also they were coming off a darn good year, that helps too).

And I'm back! So is hockey! :D

i even visited The Rock and got photos of Championship Plaza and Pru Center on a nice sunny day when I was in NYC/NJ in October,it sucks that there is half a season and life had me miss seeing my first game at the rock.

Oh Well. Already planning my next holiday to the area in December for a white Christmas, and hockey!!!!

I woke up at 5:45 to get ready for work. Saw my twitter feed an honestly felt I was sleep walking or dreaming still. Very happy to have NHL hockey back! Now to speculate when the first game at The Rock will be.

There's no events going on Jan 14th, 15th, 16th. Disney on Ice ruins a weekend start 17th-21st. 22nd was the next "scheduled" Devils game from the old schedule. Todd Cordell suggested the season could start as early as the 15th, which makes sense especially if they want to get to that 50 game mark. Since I'm off work the 15th and 16th I will say YES PLEASE!

Thank you Scot Beckenbaugh. Sounds like he was key in getting a deal agreed.

This x1000.

Only missed it by a couple hours, the end of the lockout was the first thing I saw on AOL when I logged in, but I figured it would either be late last night or today by the time I went to bed last night.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.