Find A Home For A Defenseman

Triumph

Cap space wise Ottawa and Edmonton make the most sense to find a deal with.  Could do something like Tallinder, Josefson, Teddenby for Hemsky and Paajarvi.  Buffalo has a lot of space too, should they want to reunite with Tallinder.  That Salvador contract is the one that hurts the most and make the least sense.  Lou created the problem at D with that contract.

Cap space wise Ottawa and Edmonton make the most sense to find a deal with. Could do something like Tallinder, Josefson, Teddenby for Hemsky and Paajarvi. Buffalo has a lot of space too, should they want to reunite with Tallinder. That Salvador contract is the one that hurts the most and make the least sense. Lou created the problem at D with that contract.

I see a deal closer to what Minnesota got for Settiguci for Tallinder.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Tallinder did not play poorly last year.  Dumping him would kill me, he is still a really effective defenseman and the Devils will get nothing for him because the league is too dumb to see that.

I thought his play was very inconsistent, especially when trying to play after being benched for awhile. Like I said, he was treated as expendable on this team last season and the Devils made it overt to me that they are willing to part with him.

I think Tallinder can still be an effective d-man, I did not say otherwise. I certainly cannot see Volch moving anywhere, Fayne is a possibility but I don't see the positive side of it, while he remains under contract he is cheap and can be benched if needed.