GDT: NJ @ CAR - ECQF Game 4 - 7:30 MSG+

Kulags

Wow, look at this link to see a goal waived off due to incidental contact earlier this year. :lol: A guy posted it over on TG's blog

http://www.fiveholefanatics.ca/2009/03/propaganda.html

Actually here is a .gif of it...this was enough to waive off the goal, same ref as tonight, I believe.

stupid-refs5394961.gif

Edited by Devils731

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, look at this link to see a goal waived off due to incidental contact earlier this year. :lol: A guy posted it over on TG's blog

http://www.fiveholefanatics.ca/2009/03/propaganda.html

Actually here is a .gif of it...this was enough to waive off the goal, same ref as tonight, I believe.

stupid-refs5394961.gif

I remember that one, one of the worst calls of the year. no contact, goalie in crease, player out of crease.

Real nice. You and the other clowns over on devilsrule.com need to learn how to lose. The amount of vitriol is incredible. Heartbreaking loss? Yes. Sorry it didn't turn out the way you wanted. But instead of talking about how your team can come back it's "rednecks," "hick scum," etc etc. Just stop crying about it. We outplayed you guys most of the game and you can't even give us credit for it.

Read the rulebook...the last play wasn't interference. You honestly think there's some sort of grand consipracy against the Devils?

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=26480

I don't care how much I get cursed at and flamed for this post, this needs to be said. Stop acting like a bunch of tools and focus on the next game. Being from the South does not mean I don't know as much about the game as you. I'm just as educated, if not more so, than you. So shut your mouth with the "redneck" crap. I don't come onto your board and talk about what a craphole North Jersey is because I KNOW IT'S A STEREOTYPE.

And I don't even like NASCAR.

Flame on. This isn't directed towards everyone on this board, just people who have said things like the guy above.

I hear you. But this is what you'll get on almost any message board around the league. It's amazing how many people complain about other team's fans for whatever reason and when in the exact same situation, they are no different. The hick and redneck sh!t isn't cool, especially how sensitive most people here about Jersey comments. People do get in the heat of the moment and probably regret what they say afterward.

Speaking of bad goalie interference calls...how about this one from last year...

Edited by devilsrule33

The guy on TG's blog was saying he thinks that might have made this ref gun shy to call off a goal for incidental contact again.

it is a really tough call to make. the best call would be the cop-out "no goal/no penalty" call, but still, then you take the game away from Carolina by doing so. if you make the full call of a washout and a penalty on Jokinen, you're fvcked the other way. then again, our powersuck

probably wouldn't score, but imagine if they did, that's basically a series-ender. you have to have Kerry Fraser balls to make that call

Now that I finally can actually see the goals, I'm still freaking pissed off. This is the kind of game that can make or break this team... the Devils should know they are the better hockey team and can win this series... now they can either get hungry and dominate or curl up and whine about goalie interference and the bad breaks.

Now that I finally can actually see the goals, I'm still freaking pissed off. This is the kind of game that can make or break this team... the Devils should know they are the better hockey team and can win this series... now they can either get hungry and dominate or curl up and whine about goalie interference and the bad breaks.

Whining about interference and bad breaks is the job of the Devils fans :P The team needs to forget about this one and figure out how to win the next one, starting in the FIRST period and not play catch-up---and I believe they can.

:ECW: 0.2 seconds :ECW:

We didnt turn up for the first 35 minutes, when you get into a 3-0 hole you shouldnt really be complaning about the last 0.2 seconds, it should be about how we had to fight back to make it 3-3.

The effort in the third was fantastic.

Marty made some huge saves tonight.

On the last goal our inabillity to clear the puck cost us the game (although the Canes were forchecking well).

I dont think anything could motivate this team more than losing in that fashion, and i hope they show vent their frustration in the next game and really take it to the Canes.

The next game is crucial, we need to win.

:::donning my flameproof bodysuit:::

- The Devs should be damn proud they clawed back to tie the game after the miserable effort in the 1st. Last years team loses this game 4-1 at best. The boys showed a lot of heart to make this thing a nail bitter.

I was thinking the same thing. The first two periods looked exactly like what I was fearing when I predicted the 'Canes would take the series in five. The 'Canes didn't have much left in the third...what's encouraging about that is, for all of the domination the 'Canes enjoyed over the first two periods, they had to spend A LOT more energy to accomplish that than they did in '06. I'll be surprised if they have another game like that in them.

- Marty getting bumped wasn't blatant enough to warrant a call. Just wasn't. No ref is going to call that with under a second to go in the game. Chico was worked up into a froth about it and yes it's technically interference, but the refs can't make that call. Astounding that little bump meant the difference between OT and losing, but that's hockey. The Devs reverted to 1st period form in those last 10 seconds and the Canes made them pay.

The Devils did enough things wrong over the first two periods that, in hindsight, I don't think that they deserved this break. Not coming out strong when you know that the 'Canes are going to come out desperate? Allowing 22 shots in the second period, and 37 over the first two? The comeback was remarkable, but the Devils did plently enough wrong to lose.

- The Canes play some remarkable defense. These two team are very evenly matched and it's showing.

- Marty CAN NOT thrown a hissy fit like that, especially in front of an opponents home crowd. Saying something to the refs is one thing, and given the bump, certainly warranted. But throwing and smashing your stick just looks bush league to me. I would have rather seen him internalize the frustration, process it over the next 2 days and come out with hell fire on Thursday.

I hated that too. I understand emotion and getting caught up in the moment, and the guy's human. I would've rather he saved it for the lockerroom, as to not give the 'Cane faithful the satisfaction, but what are you going to do? I have an Xbox 360 controller that's now shrapnel because of an NHL 2K5 game that didn't go the way I would have liked.

- Given the way the team clawed back makes me think this series is far from over. .2 seconds separated a loss from OT tonight. Given how miserable the first half of the game was, the team almost drew OT. They should take at least that positive from tonight and they should be ready to murder the Canes on Thursday. I think we see the Game 1 team come out in a couple of days at the Rock.

I don't know WHAT to expect, honestly. I know Shanahan's goal was a PPG in a way, but these guys have got to start getting it done on the PP.

The only good thing that came out of last night, from a personal standpoint, was that I was too pissed off to sleep, so I finished my NHL 2K5 season (I was trailing San Jose 3 games to one in the SC Finals, coming off a lousy 4-0 Game 4 loss). I won Game 5 5-4 in OT (after blowing a 4-1 third period lead...had I lost that I might have not slept at all), won Game 6 2-1, and took the Cup with a 4-1 Game 7 victory. Yippee.

Was reading game post's on Carolina's Message board's,Calling Marty a Baby,sore looser BLAH BLAH BLAH.

I stopped reading their boards. Sometimes I like to know what the opposition fans are thinking but they are being idiotic so I will jsut stay focused on NJ. Thats all that matters anyway.

Real nice. You and the other clowns over on devilsrule.com need to learn how to lose. The amount of vitriol is incredible. Heartbreaking loss? Yes. Sorry it didn't turn out the way you wanted. But instead of talking about how your team can come back it's "rednecks," "hick scum," etc etc. Just stop crying about it. We outplayed you guys most of the game and you can't even give us credit for it.

Read the rulebook...the last play wasn't interference. You honestly think there's some sort of grand consipracy against the Devils?

I don't care how much I get cursed at and flamed for this post, this needs to be said. Stop acting like a bunch of tools and focus on the next game. Being from the South does not mean I don't know as much about the game as you. I'm just as educated, if not more so, than you. So shut your mouth with the "redneck" crap. I don't come onto your board and talk about what a craphole North Jersey is because I KNOW IT'S A STEREOTYPE.

Flame on. This isn't directed towards everyone on this board, just people who have said things like the guy above.

Don't come on my board and tell me how to act after a loss like that. Stay on your own board. I'll say what I want about whom I want when I want on MY BOARD.

Edited by MadDog2020

Who the fvck cares if Marty threw a hissy fit. Roy has done the same thing numerous times.

fvck off. No one here gives a sh!t what you think. Go crawl back into the hole you came out of and die.

Edited by Satans Hockey

You stay classy...

DR, I don't know about you, but I don't need a Carolina fan coming onto our board and telling us how to act. Easy for him to say- his team won. If the situation was reversed, the 'Canes board would be reacting the exact same way that we are. That's a stone-cold gurantee.

Edited by MadDog2020

I think we all need a good laugh..no?

Sit in your front yard pointing a hair dryer at passing cars to see if they slow down.

Italian joke:

A bus stops and two Italian men get on. They seat themselves, and engage in animated conversation. The lady sitting behind them ignores their conversation at first, but her attention is galvanized when she hears one of the men say the following:

''Emma come first. I come. Dennis come and Dennis come again. I come again. Two asses, they come together again. I come again and pee twice. Then I come once-a-more.''

''You foul-mouthed swine,'' retorted the lady indignantly. ''In this country we don't talk about our sex lives in public.''

''Hey, coola down lady,'' said the man. ''Imma just tella my friend howa to spella Mississippi.''

:noclue: feel any happier? lol.

I looking through the comments about the game on TSN and it's actually shocking how many people hate Marty. Every comment seemed to be about how he's a whiner and diver and should learn how to control his temper. What a joke, it's as if they believe every other goalie is a saint. I mean, obviously no one else would ever react that way after a heartbreaking loss thanks to a faulty goal with .2 seconds left.

TSN must be full of Rangers and Canes fans.

I looking through the comments about the game on TSN and it's actually shocking how many people hate Marty. Every comment seemed to be about how he's a whiner and diver and should learn how to control his temper. What a joke, it's as if they believe every other goalie is a saint. I mean, obviously no one else would ever react that way after a heartbreaking loss thanks to a faulty goal with .2 seconds left.

Have you read through this board? This place hates Marty too :rolleyes:

What everyone else is missing is the play earlier in the game....

When marty WAS interfered with, IN THE CREASE on the 3rd goal..

So it was more of why not before, and why not now?

"The overriding rationale of this rule is that a goalkeeper should have the ability to move freely within his goal crease without being hindered by the actions of an attacking player. If an attacking player enters the goal crease and, by his actions, impairs the goalkeeper

lol, more like Roy and Hasek fans, who are world-wide known for their zen-like self control. One hits his wife with a door and the other one assaults people in beer league games.