Devils/Prudential Center Making 'Huge' Announcement Tomorrow a

trailblazer

Details emerging about what this means for the Devils and 6ers:

Details are still emerging, but the deal will see Party promoted on signage at home games and through select broadcast partners of the Devils and Sixers.

Total home game attendance for the two teams exceeded one million in the last full season. Millions more took in games via television and radio.

Party will also be able to run promotions with Sixers and Devils tie-ins: courtside seats, luxury box giveaways and other game-related packages are a few of the obvious examples.

In addition to the marketing agreements with the two teams, the deal also secures Party exposure at other events hosted at Prudential Center Newark, and provides promotional opportunities related to those events.

http://www.onlinepokerreport.com/10133/partypoker-strikes-deal-with-philadelphia-sixers-and-nj-devils/

one of my friends who lives in philly said it may have to do with a new tv deal where they may create a new network that airs solely Sixers and Devils games. Apparently there is a conflict with Comcast with them playing Sixers and Flyers games

It might be similar to the YES network as they only air Nets and Yankees games

I don't think that can happen. The Devils are locked in with MSG for a LONG time on a pretty generous deal.

This reminds me of when the Wendys guy was trying to buy us :( I want a wendys in the arena...

Are there any arenas/stadiums in the country with a fast food franchise like Wendy's present?

Would be interesting to know.

If they did have a Wendy's in the arena, it would be airport style....no value menu, limited selection, and jacked upppp prices

Are there any arenas/stadiums in the country with a fast food franchise like Wendy's present?

If they did have a Wendy's in the arena, it would be airport style....no value menu, limited selection, and jacked upppp prices

Joe Louis arena has little Caesars. Their owner founded little Caesars.

The value menu would include a $3.49 small frosty, but free napkins for our tears!

Edited by Aznjsn

Staples Center has a McDonalds, a lot of arenas have Papa Johns, 

NEWARK, NJ and PHILADELPHIA, PA – JANUARY 9, 2014 -- In a landmark deal announced today, partypoker - one of the world’s leading online poker brands - was named the Official Online Gaming partner of the Philadelphia 76ers, New Jersey Devils and Prudential Center. This multi-year deal in the online gaming category is the first of its kind for US-based sports organizations and signals a continued commitment by both franchises to create and foster partnerships with the world's best brands.

“We are proud to welcome partypoker to our family as we embark on an exciting journey with an innovative, global leader in the digital marketplace,” said Scott O’Neil, CEO of the Philadelphia 76ers, New Jersey Devils and Prudential Center. “As an organization, we will continue to align with brands that aspire to grow with us, in true partnership.”

As part of the partnership, co-branded assets will be built for fans of two of America’s most formidable and historic sports franchises, and one of the nation's most visited arenas. Through a new and exclusive promotion called the ‘Dream Seat Series', fans located in New Jersey who play on nj.partypoker.com will be able to compete for a number of great prizes, including regular, courtside and VIP suite seats to all Devils and Sixers home games, road trips with the teams and coveted tickets to concerts all year round including the upcoming January 22 Jay Z concert at the Prudential Center.

“We are excited to be working with the Devils and 76ers and to be able to offer their fans great digital content and unique game-day experiences,” said Norbert Teufelberger, CEO of bwin.party digital entertainment which owns the partypoker brand. “They are two of the most iconic names in American hockey and basketball with huge and loyal fan bases throughout New Jersey and the surrounding metropolitan areas. There is an affinity between playing in online poker tournaments and sports - winning is about having intense focus, stamina and a great competitive spirit.”

Included in the partnership is the integration of partypoker into the Devils and 76ers web sites and social media channels, and mobile applications; tickets and hospitality; in-arena signage, including dasherboards, on-ice and on-court; and rights to broadcast television and radio advertisements during Devils and Sixers games.

The partypoker partnership will be immediately visible with simultaneous "arena takeovers" on January 11, 2014 in both the Prudential Center, when the Devils host the Florida Panthers at 7:00 p.m., and the Wells Fargo Center, as the Sixers take on the New York Knicks at 7:30 p.m.

Just finished watching the press conference.  Here are a few of my observations:

1.  Scott O'Neill - didn't appear too confident in what he was delivering in terms of strategic advantages of having PartyPoker be a partner of the Devils and Sixers other than it "taps into 60 million registered poker players" in the USA.

2.  PartyPoker CEO (from Germany I believe) - couldn't get much of a feel from him but essentially I think that the Devils/Sixers were the only teams with "balls" to actually come out and allow a gambling company to partner up with them.  I get the sense that he's hoping that this partnership will eventually blossom into something big, and IF, regulators allow, will eventually allow the Devils/Sixers to be the "gateway" for legalized sports betting.

3.  Special guests - added absolutely ZERO value to this press conference.  Guests were your usual suspects - Daneyko / Driver / Marshall / Dowd

4.  No Lou Lamoriello at the podium or in camera view

Here's my snapshot:

1.  The Devils/Sixers will become the NASCAR-type sponsorship boards for their respective leagues

2.  More degenerate fans will gravitate towards the Devils and Sixers - because essentially, gamblers are degenerates.  I know, I live with one.

3.  Lou Lamoriello's days are numbered because I can't see him agreeing to this type of commercial partnership with his beloved franchise

4.  The Devils will win nothing - because gambling is simply bad Karma.

My two cents...