Things you can't stand at a hockey game

spyro

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Random rangers, flyers, islander fans at games when we're not playing them just their to root against the devils (happens alot).

When the puck is dropped you can hear a pin drop sometimes I feel like it's everyones first game I'm at. Or maybe it was just the lower (mostly empty) section.

Meathead mongoloid Ranger fans chanting "LET'S GO RAINJIZZ" when we're playing Tampa.

Ushers who don't know there has been a stoppage in play.

Leaners.

The switch to awful club music in the 3rd period.

Section 232. I will not go any further into this because I don't want to start a war here.

When there is no hitting or fights in a game. When the game is slow and there is no action. I am old school and love to see a hard grit filled game played. I don't know if anyone has said this but I will kind of miss Avery because he always made Devils/ Rangers game interesting and heated. Without him who is going to piss of White and other devils.

Wheres Krystof Oliwa? He was my favorite over the years.

Edited by Verran12

People yelling shoot while on the powerplay. In most cases, you only need to score once in 2 minutes, so let the players set up a high percentage shot. Plus, the idiots can't see from their seats if the player has a clear lane to the net, so maybe that's why he's not shooting. If he shot anyway, I'm sure the fans would jut be overjoyed by getting the shot blocked and giving up a shorthanded breakaway.

When there is no hitting or fights in a game. When the game is slow and there is no action. I am old school and love to see a hard grit filled game played. I don't know if anyone has said this but I will kind of miss Avery because he always made Devils/ Rangers game interesting and heated. Without him who is going to piss of White and other devils.

Wheres Krystof Oliwa? He was my favorite over the years.

we have holik, gonna be plenty of hits.

I hate it when people just sit there like they're in a library and think other people are weird when they stand up and cheer when a goal is scored.

+1

Quiet Devils fans annoy me more than anything else. Especially when they complain that Rangers fans are louder. Hello ... YOU ARE THE PROBLEM! Speak up and give our guys a home ice advantage. Don't give me this "They aren't giving us anything to cheer for" B.S. The players and the game give us an escape from our everyday realities, and the least we can do is vocally try to give them a lift. If you don't wanna yell, watch the game on TV. Hell, going some place public and screaming your face off is half the fun of going to a sporting event anyway.

The worst thing ever happened last season. I was standing up during a shootout and the people behind me told me to sit down and be quiet. Hahahaha. It was in the balcony section and these people were a little too nicely dressed for the occasion, so I told them to go home.

The worst thing ever happened last season. I was standing up during a shootout and the people behind me told me to sit down and be quiet. Hahahaha. It was in the balcony section and these people were a little too nicely dressed for the occasion, so I told them to go home.

We got told to sit down during an Elias penalty shot at CAA.

I can't stand it when people tell me to sit down when I jump up from seeing a big save/play. Jesus christ people, some of us actually care....

Trying to watch a hockey game thru the annoying fishnet. Get rid of the mesh already-it destroys watching the game.

Flying baseballs (and bats) are much more dangerous and happen more often-yet they don't have it.

Rare and freak accidents happen-it's part of life-wake up and move on.

Quiet Devils fans annoy me more than anything else. Especially when they complain that Rangers fans are louder. Hello ... YOU ARE THE PROBLEM! Speak up and give our guys a home ice advantage. Don't give me this "They aren't giving us anything to cheer for" B.S. The players and the game give us an escape from our everyday realities, and the least we can do is vocally try to give them a lift. If you don't wanna yell, watch the game on TV. Hell, going some place public and screaming your face off is half the fun of going to a sporting event anyway.

I admit, I have my moments of reservation and silence for the team, but I cheer like hell when they score, and I sit solemnly when they don't. If other teams' fans get in my face, I laugh in theirs, coming into my arena and expecting a reaction out of me, I'd rather see where their reaction takes them.

Yeah, and the ushers need to grow a pair and tell people to sit down between whistles. I hate being the one who has to yell at people, there are people getting paid to do this.

I hate people yelling "SHOOT!", I love people yelling "RANGERS SUCK!"

And I forgot my biggest pet peeve--someone who sits there and is obviously with a friend less enthusiastic about hockey--and calls the name of EVERY PLAYER THAT TOUCHES THE PUCK. Whether they commentate or not, it bugs me like nothing else. I know the players' names, I could commentate if I wanted to. But part of going to a game is getting the game, and no commentary. Make whatever commentary you want in your head. Hell, get hired by MSG and go work for them. But not because you're sitting next to an uninformed friend. That got old five minutes in.

RANT OVER.

Also little kids behind or in front of me trying to start a lets go Devils chant.

Really????? :blink:

Surley kids making noise is a good thing, start them off early.

Isnt one of the biggest problems with the Devils fan base that we are so damn quiet?

So if kids are shouting at least thats some noise, they should be encouraged!

1. Rangers Suck chant when were not playing the Rags.

2. Ticket price and food price.

3. Drunk A-holes. OK, I probably was one when I was younger but I'm talking about the guys that are older who still act like they are 15.

4. All upper tier seats.

5. Driving home after.

Just a few of the reasons why I prefer my big screen & couch more & more. ^_^

1. People who don't know hockey point out the most ovious things like offside, penalties, and icings.

2. I like little kids, but just not at a hockey game, they always have to use the bathroom, they cost you a lot of money on things they will waste, you always need to buy them a $20 sovenier, whether it's there 1st or 50th hockey game, and they don't watch they always search around and look for the mascot.

People yelling shoot while on the powerplay. In most cases, you only need to score once in 2 minutes, so let the players set up a high percentage shot. Plus, the idiots can't see from their seats if the player has a clear lane to the net, so maybe that's why he's not shooting. If he shot anyway, I'm sure the fans would jut be overjoyed by getting the shot blocked and giving up a shorthanded breakaway.

:clap:

SO TRUE!! Thank you that someone else feels this way!!! Most fans do not understand the PP strategy. I guess Most fans want to see the team shoot as many times as they can so the shorthanded teams gets many short handed break aways, and then those same fans will BOO because the team gave up a breakaway! LOL

Really????? :blink:

Surley kids making noise is a good thing, start them off early.

Isnt one of the biggest problems with the Devils fan base that we are so damn quiet?

So if kids are shouting at least thats some noise, they should be encouraged!

Not when they go on after a chant for 15 god-awful minutes. 12859 "LETS GO DEVILS" MIGHT BE ENOUGH FOR NOW CHILDREN.

I never stand during the shootout. Because the Hockey game ended and I do not wish to watch the skills competition...