Nintendo Wii-U

Beezer34

If you're spending 80 hours getting every star in Mario Galaxy, but your buddies are slogging through BioShock 2 on easy with aiming assist on, they somehow get labeled as "hardcore" and you don't. While I firmly believe labels aren't all that important, it's still annoying when your effots get panned because you're playing a "kids game". In my opinion, if you play a game to the point of emotional involvement, that seperates you from people who play it casually and makes you a hardcore gamer. If you play NHL 10 once a day for a half hour or so, that doesn't label you as a hardcore gamer, but if you're invested emotionally enough to play Harvest Moon for 4 hours a day, you deserve that title.

Through all the cute cuddly Kirby's\Mario\Donkey`Kong\Sonic\Pikachu type games, and other assorted Nintendo-Mascots of the world, who have done their part in help labeling the Big 'N... Nintendo has likewise done a very good job in marketing the Wii to it's older consumers, inparticularly, over the past two years.

With one Zelda game already out (and one more on the way) not to mention Metroid, Call of Duty, Mad World, Resident Evil(s), Manhunt II, Silent Hill, Metal Gear Solid 5, Splinter Cell, Final Fantasy, Dead Space (and the next rumored GTA title) there are plenty of "adult games" maturer gamers can enjoy on the Wii. I never understood the philosophy; "Only REAL gamers play Playstation!" :noclue: Truth be told, with the two exceptions of Assassin's Creed & BioShock, there really isn't a whole lot offered to me from camp PS3\360. Now again.. that's just me.

Nintendo has also done a great job in marketing the Wii in it's new black finish, complete with black wiimote & black nunchuk. This is especially important for gamers who wish to match/uniform the console with their home entertainment unit, and other media systems, (ie; DVD, Blu-ray, surround sound, etc) which, typically run in black.

*EDIT: Furthermore - graphically, the Wii NO WHERE NEAR as bad as people make it out to be either. My buddy popped in a couple weeks ago to watch the Olympics with me. I was playing Tomb Raider Underworld. The first thing out of his mouth before he sat down was; "..is this X-Box?" ;)

Edited by Beezer34

Through all the cute cuddly Kirby's\Mario\Donkey`Kong\Sonic\Pikachu type games, and other assorted Nintendo-Mascots of the world, who have done their part in help labeling the Big 'N... Nintendo has likewise done a very good job in marketing the Wii to it's older consumers, inparticularly, over the past two years.

With one Zelda game already out (and one more on the way) not to mention Metroid, Call of Duty, Mad World, Resident Evil(s), Manhunt II, Silent Hill, Metal Gear Solid 5, Splinter Cell, Final Fantasy, Dead Space (and the next rumored GTA title) there are plenty of "adult games" maturer gamers can enjoy on the Wii. I never understood the philosophy; "Only REAL gamers play Playstation!" :noclue: Truth be told, with the two exceptions of Assassin's Creed & BioShock, there really isn't a whole lot offered to me from camp PS3\360. Now again.. that's just me.

Nintendo has also done a great job in marketing the Wii in it's new black finish, complete with black wiimote & black nunchuk. This is especially important for gamers who wish to match/uniform the console with their home entertainment unit, and other media systems, (ie; DVD, Blu-ray, surround sound, etc) which, typically run in black.

*EDIT: Furthermore - graphically, the Wii NO WHERE NEAR as bad as people make it out to be either. My buddy popped in a couple weeks ago to watch the Olympics with me. I was playing Tomb Raider Underworld. The first thing out of his mouth before he sat down was; "..is this X-Box?" ;)

Agreed. Apart from being more expensive, the games on XBox don't offer all that much more. There are more of them, making the good ones harder to spot. I think Assassin's Creed, BioShock, Halo series, COD (online multiplayer), and Mass Effect are what XBox and PS3 have going for them. Wii, IMO, has a lot of things going for it. All the stuff you mentioned, plus all the Mario series (Kart, Smash Bros., sports, Party, New Super Mario Bros., Galaxy), though the games have the same characters, they're good because of their variety. The characters are just familiar. And my god, it seems Pokemon will never die.

That said, I think the graphics on those games (that they know will sell well regardless), are not as good. I think Brawl and Galaxy were more important for having the best graphics (along with Zelda and Metroid). Because those games compete with comparable ones on PS3 and 360 (such as Soul Calibur and Tekken for fighting games, and all FPSs and 3PSs for adventure games). But otherwise Nintendo doesn't seem to mind if the games don't have the greatest graphics. And neither do I. Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort are a ton of fun, and I don't care what they look like.

• 8 months later...

nintendo-wii-piano-gloss-black-gear-patrol.jpg

..just wanted to give a little plug during the holiday season, for the best video game console on the market today.. the Nintendo Wii.

For those whom have yet to buy this great little bundle, take it from me.. you will NOT be disappointed. (especially if you have kids) A great way to spend time with the family on those rainy afternoons. And yes.. despite popular belief, it will fill the appetite for any\all "hardcore gamer(s)" (whatever that means) there may be out there. :thumbsup:

Edited by Beezer34

For those whom have yet to buy this great little bundle, take it from me.. you will NOT be disappointed. (especially if you have kids) A great way to spend time with the family on those rainy afternoons. And yes.. despite popular belief, it will fill the appetite for any\all "hardcore gamer(s)" (whatever that means) there may be out there. :thumbsup:

Wow, that's actually very sweet looking and a really good deal. Gotta give it to Nintendo for going all in this holiday season with more big releases than the competitors and a new colored console.

Should be a good holiday for Wii owners with Epic Mickey, Kirby's Epic Yarn and Donkey Kong Country Returns all available for Christmas, the last two getting scores of 9.5 from Game Informer. DK Country actually got Game of the Month from GI, beating out titles like COD: Black Ops, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, Fallout: New Vegas, Fable 3 and God of War: Ghost of Sparta.

• 6 months later...

wii-U.jpg

1-2.png?t=1307771286

Not sure how many followed the recent E3 development(s) that have transpired over the last 48 hours on this board.. but I thought this thread deserved a bump.

Nintendo has at long last revealed the Wii's successor coming out next year.. and it's the Wii`U!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2X09hX3D8g

I think we've always been a tad skeptical when it comes to the marriage between 3rd party developers and Nintendo. But seeing as Activision.. THQ.. Disney.. Konami.. Atari.. Namco-Bandai.. EA.. 5th Cell.. Square Enix.. Capcom.. Sega.. Ubisoft.. Rockstar Games.. and WB Interactive are now all signed on for the Wii-U (not to mention the horsepower this puppy's gonna carry) I think the big 'N may have finally found a console that will attract EVERY gamer. :cheers:

logo_main_shadow-1.png?t=1307491566

Edited by Beezer34

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Looks confusing! a screen within a screen. Will you look at the controller screen or your dam tv?!

You're not the only one carrying that dubious mistrust, when it comes to the control pad. :P

..still, I have to believe that once you get one in your hands.. the viewpoint will change. Remember the feeling we all got when we laid eyes on the N64 controller? Now, I look back at that thing as one of the most comfortably innovative piece of video game hardware of it's time.

The 2 big things with this console that Nintendo has going for them are.. third party support, and the technological advancements 5 years newer than that of the PS3 & 360.. this console can't miss imo.

The track record will show.. when any video game system sells really well, the "sequel console" typically sells that.. and more!

..as flourishing as the original X-Box sold, the 360 sold more. As successful as the first Playstation was, the PS2 topped it's success. So why shouldn't the same be expected from Nintendo this time around aswell? If the Wii-U sells as many units as the Wii did, you're (hypothetically) talking about 180 million sold between the 2 consoles combined?!

Edited by Beezer34

i dont know if the wiiu will sell as good as the wii. that was nintendos crown jewel. i much as i dislikethe wii it sold like crazy. be tough to replicate those #'s

Tough to say..

..you got alot of Nintendo loyalist. (I'm one of them) Couple that with "hardcore gamer" elements of the system, I think it's got a good shot.

At this point, it looks as useless to me as Xbox's Kinect.. I don't care about using it for internet, showing pictures, or video chatting.. And if I wanted to play the game in my hand instead of on my TV, I'd get a DS so that feature seems very pointless to me..

The games will have to really utilize it well for this to be success.. Right now the Kinect is awesome technology and crappy games.. When they release a Halo that uses it, I will change my opinion