Summer 2013 UFA/RFA Thread

Derlique

Devils have been in on everything according to everyone. We could speculate to death, but whatever.

Lou says the Devils will be active during every free agency and trade deadline. I wouldn't be surprised if he does very little and by very little I mean a 4th line guy.

He said he was going to be active during the trade deadline last season and we got Steve Sullivan. I'm not dissing Lou, but Devils and the term "Big Splash" rarely turn out to be true.

Devils have been in on everything according to everyone. We could speculate to death, but whatever.

Lou says the Devils will be active during every free agency and trade deadline. I wouldn't be surprised if he does very little and by very little I mean a 4th line guy.

He said he was going to be active during the trade deadline last season and we got Steve Sullivan. I'm not dissing Lou, but Devils and the term "Big Splash" rarely turn out to be true.

Kovalchuk, Mogilny, Gilmour, Scheinder...

Then there was that Cory Schneider guy. Edited by Daniel

he did the unexpected with Schneider. So who really knows.

You'd better wise up, Stephen Weiss.

Hate to say it...the Devils are going to have to pay someone 6 million...all of the guys that can give them the offense they need are going to come at a price...

Unless you want 4 lines of slightly above average. Guys are going to find a team that well pay more...there are teams that have a ton of cap space

Edited by TheMazz

The thing is... Lou could have all the good intentions he want and really wanted to be active and make a splash... if guys doesnt want to play here for a reason or another or get a better offer somewhere else... well... what can he do? We may not be able to sign any top 6 forwards. Still hoping for Stalberg though...

so trade may be our only option but damn i'd rather not give up any assets unless its volchenkov or Tallinder. Well obviously depends on who'd be coming our way.

I'll admit year after year a lot of us complain that Lou is not doing much or enough during free agency. This year at least to me feels different as it seems we are at least in the running for a whole bunch of free agents that normally we wouldn't be.

IDK that's just me but if I am the only one ill shut up about this.

Understood, but he could've been offered a two way deal and if he threatens to walk then he walks. He's not going to bring anything big back in a trade.

Devils are extremely weak in the department of young forwards. Teddy prolly wanted a 1 way and Lou probably just wanted to keep him in the system.

Don't know why but they havnt given up on him yet.