The Official "2012 Playoffs Excitement" Thread

Colin226

Yeah, I've managed to get sucked in now. It almost feels like the prelude to disappointment. Before I could just be disappointed in them losing and just "meh" my way to the offseason. Now... especially if the Rangers choke too...

Yeah, same here. It would be a big enough disaster if they lost tomorrow even if Boston won. Now... it would be Chernobyl level.

the bruins losing, the rangers possibly losing, and so forth, just shows yet again that the playoffs are one giant crapshoot. tonight has no impact on my disappointment if NJ loses tomorrow.

As it shouldn't. The disappointment should be that the Devils should not be tied 3-3 right now with Florida, and whatever happens tomorrow, they most likely the better team throughout the series. The Rangers have certainly not been the better team. The Bruins ran into Ken Dryden 2.0. The Devils didn't run into any special goaltending at all.

Edited by devilsrule33

Yeah but if we do it'll really be a good opportunity wasted like max said earlier, with the way this draw's working out.

And even if the Rangers win tomorrow, they'd get stuck playing the Caps who've beaten them out of the playoffs two of the prior three seasons.

if the devils win and the nyr lose, its officially a crapshoot even with their bipolar play, the headcases in washington, the dirty flyers and the green sens.

if it comes down to it the caps wont upset the nyr this year unless holtby turns into varlamov 2.0 and they stop with their own head issues. im still sticking by my guns it's the nyr representing the east.

I don't understand how it could be the caps or flyers we face next? I automatically thought it wood be the flyers.

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?gcqcua

Top remaining seed vs bottom remaining seed and so on.

Assuming we win:

Rags win = Rags vs Caps, NJ vs Philly.

Sens win = Philly (top remaining seed) vs Sens, NJ vs Caps.

It's 1 vs 7 and 5 vs 6

or

5 vs 8 and 6 vs 7.

Edited by Marshall

the bruins losing, the rangers possibly losing, and so forth, just shows yet again that the playoffs are one giant crapshoot. tonight has no impact on my disappointment if NJ loses tomorrow.

Sorry, that's still a copout. You sound like a bitter Billy Beane crying the playoffs are strictly luck.

The season's an utter failure if they don't win tonight. Just because the Pens got beat by a rival, the Canucks ran into great goaltending and the Bruins had the wrong matchup, doesn't excuse the Devils for their lack of urgency at different points during 4 of the 6 games in the series.

They have one last chance to make it right but if they don't, it's on them.

That is an outright lie. IT has the same problems that any place in NJ or any other urban city has.

do they have google out in LA? i suggest you type in the words boston and racist and do some homework.

Did anyone else have a delayed feed of the game yesterday? When I checked my computer after the end of regulation I was surprised to see that Washington had won in OT. At first I thought I had messed something up with the DVR, but I was defiantly see the live I was getting from my provider, just weird

Sorry, that's still a copout. You sound like a bitter Billy Beane crying the playoffs are strictly luck.

The season's an utter failure if they don't win tonight. Just because the Pens got beat by a rival, the Canucks ran into great goaltending and the Bruins had the wrong matchup, doesn't excuse the Devils for their lack of urgency at different points during 4 of the 6 games in the series.

They have one last chance to make it right but if they don't, it's on them.

lol, no. the playoffs are largely luck. haven't you seen enough favorites drummed out of the playoffs to realize that? 'The Bruins had the wrong matchup?' No - the Bruins weren't that much better, they ran into a hot goaltender, and they lost. It's the NHL playoffs.

The real ridiculous claim is that the Bruins had the wrong matchup, but it's the Devils' lack of urgency that's going to cost them the series. What about Boston's lack of urgency? No - they had 'the wrong matchup'.

Edited by Triumph

lol, no. the playoffs are largely luck. haven't you seen enough favorites drummed out of the playoffs to realize that? 'The Bruins had the wrong matchup?' No - the Bruins weren't that much better, they ran into a hot goaltender, and they lost. It's the NHL playoffs.

The real ridiculous claim is that the Bruins had the wrong matchup, but it's the Devils' lack of urgency that's going to cost them the series. What about Boston's lack of urgency? No - they had 'the wrong matchup'.

Boston played seven one goal games and a bunch of OT's, they didn't quit playing with a 3-0 lead twice and come out flat in two road games. Plus a healthy Caps team is a bit better than the Panthers and for once, the Caps weren't a ridiculous favorite and could play loose.

Boston played seven one goal games and a bunch of OT's, they didn't quit playing with a 3-0 lead twice and come out flat in two road games. Plus a healthy Caps team is a bit better than the Panthers and for once, the Caps weren't a ridiculous favorite and could play loose.

That's because they weren't good enough to get 3-0 leads.

The Capitals weren't a healthy team.

And btw, the Bruins dominated us and the Sens in the regular season but the Caps beat them three of four. I know you don't believe there's any carryover to the postseason (and I don't think there's much carryover in non division matchups either), but with the way the Devils have played this series the Bruins would have smoked us regardless and they probably would have beaten Ottawa too.

Edited by NJDevs4978

lol, no. the playoffs are largely luck.

Just throwing this out there. Maybe what we perceive as luck is just that regular season success is not a great indicator of post season success? That winning in the post season and accumulating points in the regular season are fundamentally different animals? Teams that are good at accumulating points aren't necessarily the teams that are good at winning 7 game series?

Enough people who have watched/played a lot of hockey argue that the postseason and regular season are incredibly different games that it's worth considering.

Just throwing this out there. Maybe what we perceive as luck is just that regular season success is not a great indicator of post season success? That winning in the post season and accumulating points in the regular season are fundamentally different animals? Teams that are good at accumulating points aren't necessarily the teams that are good at winning 7 game series?

Enough people who have watched/played a lot of hockey argue that the postseason and regular season are incredibly different games that it's worth considering.

It could be true, but it's totally untestable. We see that the teams that win in the postseason are generally the ones that win in the regular season. Sometimes that's not the case, but that's where chance comes in.