Superbowl XLVII - 49ers vs RAVENS!!!

MantaRay

He was going to retire, but then he started having fun again as the team turned the corner and became a power again.

He has held out twice before, If it is a one year deal, we might be fine. But this offseason he was talking about playing elsewhere in 2013 but that could have changed with a Superbowl ring. He is a team guy, but he also wants to be paid like a hall of famer and feels his current salary doesn''t show him the proper respect he deserves.

. If he signs for more than two years for big dollars, it will be with the Patriots. I have no doubt about that. Belichick loves him, and he loves Belichick. I could see that happening very easily. If he signs for one or two years, it'll be with the Ravens. I'm not as sure about that, but if I had to guess, that's what I think would happen. I know he's not the Ed Reed of old, but there's still something in the tank. I would still have a healthy fear of having to face Reed twice a year on a team with Tom Brady as the QB, so I hope he stays in Baltimore.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do people assume Reed's going to New England? Because Billy Boy called him the best safety of all time and has a penchant for signing older vets?

The irony about Ed Reed is I was floored a couple weeks ago to hear he hadn't won a Super Bowl ring yet. He's been around so long I just sorta assumed he was on the 'best defense of all time' in 2000, but it turned out he came the year after.

I didn't know Mac was from Jersey.   Where abouts?

I didn't know that either. According to Wikipedia, he was born in Jersey City, N.J., and moved to San Jose, Calif., when he was 3.

I was watching a replay yesterday of the intentional safety at the end of the game. Holy crap, the Ravens got away with a lot of holding on that play. Not that it would've mattered had a penalty been called. Supposedly, it would've been ruled a safety anyway, and the Niners wouldn't have gotten any time put back on the clock -- at least that's what Mike Francesa says. If anyone trusts him, haha. So if John Harbaugh instructed his team to hold as much as they could on that play, smart move on his part. They had nothing to lose!

Edited by 95Crash