‏Zach Parise has agreed to terms with the Minnesota Wild

Daniel

At least if he signed with the Pens or Chicago he would have stayed true to his word when he said, "I want to play for a contender". It just seems like he knew he was going to Minny all along and was just using NJ, and some other teams, as a way to get more dough. touché

And thank you for telling us we were your second option, Zach. Means a lot. Here's to another 13 years of failure in Minnesota

At least if he signed with the Pens or Chicago he would have stayed true to his word when he said, "I want to play for a contender". It just seems like he knew he was going to Minny all along and was just using NJ, and some other teams, as a way to get more dough. touché

And thank you for telling us we were your second option, Zach. Means a lot. Here's to another 13 years of failure in Minnesota

This is the one argument I don't get. Minnesota IS a contender now. Koivu, Heatley, Parise, Suter.

There's no 'at least' when talking about the penguins. Are you kidding me?

He went home to start his life out there, have a home with his wife, start a family, etc. I'd MUCH rather have that than seeing him on a line with Crosby for the next 10 years.

This is the one argument I don't get. Minnesota IS a contender now. Koivu, Heatley, Parise, Suter.

Heatley has been crap for a few years, Koivu is essentially Zajac and let's see how Suter fares without Weber by his side. Also, I can't wait to see Parise get shut down in the tighter, lower scoring Western Conference

They're a better team, but a contender? Parise didn't do it alone here. Suter has never played in the NHL without Shea Weber. Josh Harding is not terrible, but he's not shown that he can win a lot of games either. Suter is the only good defenseman they have since they traded Burns to San Jose. Their top pairing before Suter was Tom Gilbert and Justin Falk. They have some good players, no question, but they have NO depth. 1-2 scoring lines and 1 defenseman aren't a contender. They're a borderline playoff team.

They're a 5th-8th seed right now at best, but not an 8th like LA was this year. They may even be able to squeeze into a 3rd seed if they win the division, but Vancouver is still good, Colorado will be better, and if Edmonton breaks out with all the talent they have its not going to be easy. I wont mention Calgary since they're basically like the slow kid that everyone makes fun of.

Minnesota is not a contender. They are a fringe playoff team. They need a LOT of help to be a Cup contender.

I guess I agree with that - but it's kind of what I meant. What I mean is that they will be a good team now consistently. Not Cup contenders, but a playoff team imo.

Minnesota is not a contender. They are a fringe playoff team. They need a LOT of help to be a Cup contender.

You could say the same thing about LA up until Sutter took over. Sure they had a lot of talent that wasn't being utilized but you can say the same about Minnesota in many ways. With the new CBA probably giving amnesty on at least one contract plus a new cap floor there will be ample opportunities for teams like Minnesota to get out of jail so to speak quickly.

I guess I agree with that - but it's kind of what I meant. What I mean is that they will be a good team now consistently. Not Cup contenders, but a playoff team imo.

Minny was -49 in goal differential last season, they're going to need better performances and additional additions beyond Parise/Suter to be a solid playoff team. Right now they could make the playoffs next year, but they could miss it too, I feel.

Minny was -49 in goal differential last season, they're going to need better performances and additional additions beyond Parise/Suter to be a solid playoff team. Right now they could make the playoffs next year, but they could miss it too, I feel.

Impossible to predict based on last year anything. They are a completely different team with these guys. The biggest question in my mind is whether or not Mike Yeo needs to be fired.

I wish Zach well.

He looked at the Devils with two ageing goalies for two years with no take over goalie in the NHL. Elias and Zajac probably leaving next season. A team in financial bankruptcy. He gets offered $98 M for 13 years. I am sure the Devils weren't close with the money. In a NY heartbeat you take that offer.

Best wishes Zach Parise.

Next: Kovy gets the "C" and the Devils move on, Vanderbeek prays he can keep the team.

We will be OK, we have Marty in goal for 70 games/season.

Why do you wish him well? He plays for the competition (another NHL team).

Elliotte Friedman @FriedgeHNIC

Parise said he and Suter talked during the year about finding a way to play together. "We kept in touch throughout this process."

He knew what he wanted for a long time now.

That's pretty disingenuous of him. And while wearing the captain's c

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.