#42 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,801 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 04:55 PM

I prefer Honey Brown and Yuengling.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#43 LA03

LA03

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 10:43 PM

I really honestly don't like beer. Some of it just tastes bad to me. And I'm not saying that I only drink to get drunk, but I hate the way beer makes me feel when I've had a few. I'd rather drink vodka tonics and such. The few beers I do like: Blue Moon, Corona, Guinness.

Edited by LA03, 07 August 2007 - 10:46 PM.

#44 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,801 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 10:56 PM

Ah I HATE Corona. I never had it before until I was playing beer pong about a week ago and a couple of our cups had Corona in them because we ran out of whatever we were using, it was so nasty I had to have my partner drink them.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#45 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,917 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 10:57 PM

I really honestly don't like beer. Some of it just tastes bad to me. And I'm not saying that I only drink to get drunk, but I hate the way beer makes me feel when I've had a few. I'd rather drink vodka tonics and such. The few beers I do like: Blue Moon, Corona, Guinness.

I'm pretty much the same way. I'd rather make/drink mixed drinks.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#46 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,586 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 11:05 PM

Ugh I HATE Corona. I don't know, I just cannot deal with it. It's one of those "alright, I'm drunk, I'll drink it" type beers for me. Otherwise, can't stand the taste.

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#47 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,917 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 11:16 PM

Ugh I HATE Corona. I don't know, I just cannot deal with it. It's one of those "alright, I'm drunk, I'll drink it" type beers for me. Otherwise, can't stand the taste.

It tastes like urine-soaked cigarettes.

Not that I know what urine-soaked cigarettes taste like, but that's pretty much what I imagine it would.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.

#48 Vinnie

Vinnie

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,175 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 01:02 AM

Posted Image

St. Ambroise Oatmeal Stout. Don't know if you can get it down there but it's just great.

I mostly drink local micros that nobody here has probably heard of. Kokanee is surprisingly good for a cheap mass-produced beer.

#49 Devilish34

Devilish34

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,324 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 06:10 AM

Boooooo

BTW my apologies my awkward . I I'm completely leaving out words when I type lately. I the Vicodin.

Stupid canals...

Why Booooo :noclue:

86 the Kool Ade -- we need some fvcking icewater for these pussies

Posted ImageRIP Bill 1931-2007
RIP Major/Dr. John Paul Pryor killed in Iraq on 12/25/08. You will be greatly missed and can never be replaced.
What Happened To Dr Pryor?

You might be a Redneck if you brag about running a 11.57@118.14Posted Image

#50 TrentonDevils

TrentonDevils

Senior Devil

• Suspended
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 08:58 AM

Posted Image

St. Ambroise Oatmeal Stout. Don't know if you can get it down there but it's just great.

I mostly drink local micros that nobody here has probably heard of. Kokanee is surprisingly good for a cheap mass-produced beer.

Hmmmm....Well Ive never seen that beer in NJ. It looks delicious though!

And to the people who are in here saying they dont like the taste of beer -
Posted Image
"If you don't think drugs have done good things for us, then take all of your records, tapes and CD's and burn them" - Bill Hicks
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out."
-Bill Hicks

"Facts are stupid things" - President Ronald Reagan

Posted Image

#51 LA03

LA03

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 10:52 PM

Oh you know what else is good? Stella Artois.

#52 Devilish34

Devilish34

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,324 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 06:14 AM

Oh you know what else is good? Stella Artois.

Bread Stixs :blink:

86 the Kool Ade -- we need some fvcking icewater for these pussies

Posted ImageRIP Bill 1931-2007
RIP Major/Dr. John Paul Pryor killed in Iraq on 12/25/08. You will be greatly missed and can never be replaced.
What Happened To Dr Pryor?

You might be a Redneck if you brag about running a 11.57@118.14Posted Image

#53 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,999 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 03:03 PM

Within the past couple of years, I have started getting into different beers -- besides just Bud, Corona, Heineken, Becks etc. I was going to start a beer thread, but then I did a quick search and found this one. Maybe we can keep it going.

This afternoon, I'm drinking stouts. I started off with a Young's Double Chocolate Stout -- Holy crap, is it good.

http://beeradvocate..../profile/664/73

Then I moved on to an Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout -- another excellent brew, IMO.

http://beeradvocate....profile/112/412

I also like Pilsners, IPAs, Bocks and so on. ... So if you like 'em, bring it on!

BTW, right now it happens to be American Craft Beer Week (May 16-22, 2011)

http://www.craftbeer...craft-beer-week

Edited by 95Crash, 21 May 2011 - 03:09 PM.

#54 Bulletproof

Bulletproof

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 03:28 PM

Everytime my brother and I go on vacation, we always go to the local liquor store and make our own sixer of the weird, random local stuff they have. This one time, we tried that Rasputian stuff, solely because the label is awesome and it was excellent! My go to beer is usually Sam Adams but I love me a pint of properly poured Guinness. Guinness is an odd bird for me as there is nothing better a correctly poured pint and nothing worse than a bad pour. Just a range of emotions that have no middle ground!

Other than that, I just picked up a sixer of the Magic Hat Summer...going to give it a try once it cools down :-D
Posted Image

DevsCast: The latest and greatest Devils podcast on the Internet or my handle 'aint Bulletproof! Click Here to subscribe via iTunes or Click Here to download mp3 versions of the show. Perfect for wasting time at work!

#55 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 03:28 PM

Ive been drinking Blue Moon. Mostly if Guinness is on tap, Ill get that.

At some point during the night I switch over to james and ginger or just jagr straight if I am feeling up to it.

Its james and ginger damn it not jack and ginger. :rant:

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#56 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 07:25 PM

Still being in college= Natty Light, Busch Light, and Olde English 40s.

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#57 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,078 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 08:44 PM

I have probably had a beer from every microbrewery on the East coast. My favorite company is Long Trail and their brew master series, a close second is weyerbacher. Stuff is great.

Current fav is centennial red from Long trail.

Rowhouse red, Red ale from Philly is very good.

Also if you have a Trader Joe's around try their beers like black toad. Good and light on the alcohol!

#58 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,801 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 09:07 PM

I've gotten much more into craft beer since this thread was made. My friends and I homebrew too. We made a milk stout recently that came out much hoppier than we were hoping for because we were drinking too much other stuff while brewing. Our next attempt will be a honey mint imperial IPA.

Some of my favorite beers are KBS, Devil Dancer, and Backwoods Bastard from Founders (although I think last year's KBS was better than this year's), Stone's Old Guardian, Ruination, and Imperial Russian Stout, River Horse's Hipp-o-lantern (hopefully they make it a fall seasonal and not just a one-off), and Schlafly Pumpkin Ale. I also had a 2007 Schlafly barleywine recently which was phenomenal. That beer really ages well.

Anyone else been drinking the Flying Fish exit series beers? I heard from one of their reps that they want to make some of the older exit beers part of their normal line-up, particularly Exit 11 (hoppy American wheat) or Exit 16 (wild rice IPA), which I thought was the best of the series so far.

I have a bottle of 1997 Sam Adams Triple Bock I would like to trade so if anyone's been looking to trade for one of these let me know.
--John Buccigross

#59 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,917 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 09:19 PM

WOOOOOW this is an old thread - I didn't like beer when this thread was around the first time. My how times have changed, haha. :lol:

#60 Bulletproof

Bulletproof

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 11:57 PM

I have probably had a beer from every microbrewery on the East coast. My favorite company is Long Trail and their brew master series, a close second is weyerbacher. Stuff is great.

Current fav is centennial red from Long trail.

Rowhouse red, Red ale from Philly is very good.

Also if you have a Trader Joe's around try their beers like black toad. Good and light on the alcohol!

Long Trail makes a fantastic beer. Haven't tried their red but as I love a good red, I'll definately have to try it sometime! Problem is, my stomach doesn't really agree with beer, so I'm usually limited to one, maybe two before I start feeling sick.
Posted Image

DevsCast: The latest and greatest Devils podcast on the Internet or my handle 'aint Bulletproof! Click Here to subscribe via iTunes or Click Here to download mp3 versions of the show. Perfect for wasting time at work!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users