Free Agent/Trades Off-season 2005

NJDevs4978

Since there'll be so many signings in such a short time we might as well have a thread devoted to keeping track of most of the league's signings, of course Devil signings and defections can get their own thread :lol:

Here are the important links:

Daily Transaction Log

Eastern Conference Team By Team Tracker

Western Conference Team By Team Tracker

Edited by Hasan4978

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And sorta jumping the gun, Dallas have resigned Zubov:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=132110

Though I see neither party wanted to be seen as "setting the bar". Financial terms not disclosed.

GMs really have to operating in the dark at the moment. Nobody knows the value of a player and nobody knows what to offer and terms of contracts are being hidden from the other GMs. So they're lost.

Edited by Don

Most of the first signings will come in that form, Don. I expect to see Yzerman, Stevens, and players like this under contract first. They will not be setting the market, however.

Players who really want to go to a particular place (i.e. Kovalev to Pittsburgh) will also begin signing in the next week, IMO. They too will not be setting the market since they will probably be signing for less.

But for the rest, who knows. I'm really interested to see.

There are a dozen teams over $30M after qualifiers.

There are another half-dozen that are within $10M of their self-imposed cap of $29M to qualify for revenue sharing.

I think there is only $300M of total cap room available league wide. And there are 200+ UFA. I think someone is going to be left out in the cold. Whoever waits around the longest is going to find that every team is up against the cap and there is nowhere for him to go. It would be so rich to see Greedermayer out for the season because nobody could afford what he thinks he's worth.

Edited by Don

You guys think it'll be a frenzy of signings within the first few hours or will we see the majority of signings occuring days and days away?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've been disappointed in the activity this far since the deal was made.

We were told about all these buyouts that were to happen, and in the end it was like only 14-15 players - and not too many big names.

So, with the UFA's I'm not predicting what will happen & when.

I agree that signing sooner is better than later.

for some reason you're wounded signature smilie is surprizingly fitting with all these Stevens comments beign banndied about these days - I have to think twice to remember it's YOU! :P

Hey - PM me how you're doing btw! well here wait...

FOR NJ

FREE AGENTS SUBJECT TO COMPENSATION AND RIGHT TO MATCH -- GROUP 2

NEW JERSEY

Ari Ahonen, Sean Brown, Matt Demarchi, Patrik Elias, Jeff Friesen, Brian Gionta, Scott Gomez, David Hale, Viktor Kozlov, Jamie Langenbrunner, Paul Martin, Ilkka Pikkarainen, Krisjanis Redlihs, Colin White.

UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENTS - GROUP 3

NEW JERSEY

Scott Niedermayer, Brian Rafalski, Scott Stevens.

UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENTS -- GROUP 6

NEW JERSEY

Rob Skrlac.

UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENTS

NEW JERSEY

Jiri Bicek, Brett Clouthier, Phil Cole, Jan Hrdina, Eric Johansson, Matus Kostur.

What we need is something called NHL Switchboard that tracks all GM and agent phone lines!

Just names with color coded definitions - just so we can see who is talking (or not talking) to who. (or is it whom?)

Mike Gillis: (flashing in red means trying to get through) Lou Lamoriello

Kevin Epp: (green means in the line with) Bobby Clark

Edited by Darwindog

DD, the dork is Kevin Epp, right???

Geez, it almost makes me want to bring Meehan back...OK, maybe not.

When I saw the "We're open for business" tag on the thread title, I Kind of imagined a scene like one of those local furniture stores "Hi, I'm Crazy Bob and our prices are INSANE!!!"

"Hi I'm Krazy Kevin and for the INSANE price of $7.8 million..."

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.