Free Agent/Trades Off-season 2005

NJDevs4978

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Atlanta Thrashers have acquired defenceman Mark Popovic from the Anaheim Mighty Ducks in exchange for forward Kip Brennan.

TSN.ca

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ooooo very nice, some junk goon for a decent prospect on defense.

burke is making some awful trades.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree. I really have no idea what he is doing. He's giving away all his depth for nothing. I think he will make another deal before the season starts, as well as sign a free agent - but why deal Mark Popovic for Kip Brennan? It just doesn't make sense on any level.

Ex devil berglund signs with Rapperswil-Jona (switzerland sp?)

http://www.eishockey.ch/news/detail.asp?ID=220150

My translation: (my german isn't that good)

Christian Berglund to Rapperswil-Jona

Rapperswil-Jona have signed the swedish international Christian Berglund to a one season contract

The 25year old forward is to replace the finn Mikko Eloranta, (that has done something that I cant understand).

Berglund played pre-nhl lockout 89 games for the New Jersey Devils and the Florida panters, scoring 27 points.

Last season Beglund played together with Swizz international Marcel Jenni in Sweden for playoff finalists Farjestad.

The two will play against eachother when the NLA season starts on September 9.

---------------------------------

Interesting, does this mean that we won the Kozlov deal even more? B )

The Calgary Flames announced Thursday that the team has traded defenceman Toni Lydman to the Buffalo Sabres for a third round choice in the 2006 NHL Entry Draft.

TSN.ca

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Where were the Leafs on this one??? There goes those Sabres throwing around the cash again!!!! :doh1::lol:

Burke is proving just how overrated a GM he is. That deal is just pathetic on so many levels.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

On the money. Ruchin was very much like holik, (in his role) and important to their locker room. Apparently whatever was accomplished in the past isnt important. In the '03 platoffs, he was 2nd to giggy in terms of importance. I would've loved to see him on the devils. Good for the rag$.

Maybe it's about time to retire this thread to the HOF given that transactions have trickled back down to normal levels after the initial feeding frenzy of the first month?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's probably a good idea. At least for us Devils fans because we are only waiting for a big trade to free cap space and for Steven to announce his decesion. Probably not much action left now for other teams too.

• 7 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.