GDT: Eastern Conference Semis - Game 4 Philadelphia @ NJ - 5/6/12

lazer

They did indeed trap in the third, but hey, it worked.

And in Pierre's defense (...did I really just say that?), every time he mentioned bad ice, he did qualify it by saying it was warm in the building because of all of the fans, and that there had been Red Hot Chili Pepper shows the two nights prior, and it's the price you pay for having a busy building.

Seriously, he must have mentioned RHCP at least three times. Methinks Pierre's a fan. Interestingly, no mention of Bruce playing the night before the first RHCP show.

I heard Kenny Albert mention the Bruce performance haha

hell yes!!!! what a win!!

Unfortunately i had to work tonight. ive watched all the videos i can and i am THRILLED!!

So did we trap in the 3rd or not? who cares honestly we shouldn't be criticized for it.

GOOD WIN BOYS!!

Just watching the replays... as a goalie I'm enjoying the schadenfreude aspect of Bryz's reactions after he's been absolutely hung out to dry by his D on the Zid and Zub goals. The Zubrus goal especially... His body language says, "are you f'ing serious guys? come on..."

Zid's hockey sense on his goal was unreal... I think most defensemen retreat to the blue line there, but he realized he was covered and had the opportunity to drive the net.

What a beautiful morning after great game...I still cant stop thinking about it, because it was really great effort by all guys, no errors and tactically well executed 3rd period. Absolutelly fantastic, dominant victory :hail:

Oh and from what I saw at stream the atmosphere at the rock was awesome guys! :clap2:

:gd:

BTW, it's gotten lost in the shuffle...but the Devils have now won four straight in the Rock. Pretty significant.

Oh, and according to ESPN's Devils' schedule page, Frazee was the Devils' top performer last night.

EDIT: ESPN just fixed it...now it's Zubrus.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Yes they were. They got minimal pressure but until the PP it was 1-2-2 and they were standing still at times. Gotta go after them some more.

I had no complaints about their third period play. It felt like were in control the entire time. That one-goal lead felt safe to me, which says a lot about how they've played this series.

And you had to expect the Flyers to push back a little and start getting some more shots on goal...I didn't think they were going to get outshot 48-18, which is what the pace was after two periods.

Devils played about as close to a perfect game as could be expected, even though they fell behind 2-0...guess I'm just not in the mood to pick apart a game that was a 9 and say, "Yeah, but it should've been a 10, had they only done THIS." It just feels like some segments of this fanbase are just never happy and always have the answers, even after a terrific game like last night's.

Love this team, Lets Go Devils!

got this weird feeling that the 2 teams competing for the Kovalchuck Kontract may be competing for all the marbles in June.

Could argue that maybe the same two teams are now competing for Parise's deal, though I have no idea what LA's cap situation is, now that Carter's and Richards' deals are on their books.

Could argue that maybe the same two teams are now competing for Parise's deal, though I have no idea what LA's cap situation is, now that Carter's and Richards' deals are on their books.

I have to think that this magical run is going to have a big impact on Zach's decision. We are 1 game shy of the ECF...

Kovy is set to be here for awhile. We have other young guns like Henrique...Zach wants to win a Cup

I know think he will stay as long as the Devils offer is somewhat close to the others he will receive

• Like 1

They've got a solid $7.8 million coming off of the books this summer in Dustin Penner and Jarret Stoll, according to cap geek. So I guess that'd put them right up there among the contenders.

They've got a solid $7.8 million coming off of the books this summer in Dustin Penner and Jarret Stoll, according to cap geek. So I guess that'd put them right up there among the contenders.

That money has to go to jonathan quick the year after - la has no shot at parise.

That money has to go to jonathan quick the year after - la has no shot at parise.

Ah, I didn't scroll down that far, you're right. I thought they'd already locked him up long term as well for some reason. He's definitely earned a huge contract with this postseason, that's for sure.

Ah, I didn't scroll down that far, you're right. I thought they'd already locked him up long term as well for some reason. He's definitely earned a huge contract with this postseason, that's for sure.

That's good...one less team bidding for his services, though if the money or the length gets crazy, Devils should let him walk.

Though I'm sure like many of us, I was scared this would turn out to be one of those "games the Devils should have won", I'm glad they persevered to win the game. Despite all the unsportmanlike conduct and cheapshots that the Flyer's displayed, we came out on top. I love watching the Phailures get called for a penalty and try and goad the Devils players into taking a roughing penalty. Devils have definitely displayed discipline after the whistle, and it has paid off. We really do play well 5 on 5.

hell yes!!!! what a win!!

Unfortunately i had to work tonight. ive watched all the videos i can and i am THRILLED!!

So did we trap in the 3rd or not? who cares honestly we shouldn't be criticized for it.

GOOD WIN BOYS!!

We did not play a neutral zone trap in the 3rd period. They did play a passive forecheck (standard 1/2/2) where only 1 forward chases down the puck deep in the offensive zone and the other 2 wingers stay at the hash marks or higher to prevent the other team from firing the puck around the boards for a quick breakout. That is a standard formation, especially for a team with a lead in the 3rd period.

Just a great all around game!!! Going down 2-0 and coming back shows a lot about the mental makeup of this team, and frustrated the Flyers to no end. You can see it on their faces and in their actions (Hartnell throwing his gloves like a kid who didn't get the toy he wanted at Toys-R-Us, Giroux taking a cheap shot on Zubrus, basically every Flyer player complaining to the refs throughout the game and during the warmups in between periods. Just fun to see.

Can someone tell me who the Hulk is in this picture?

tumblr_m3ipt6OWxL1qcnlq7o1_1280.jpg

It kind of looks like PDB (who's almost never ANGRY, so. . .)

Kind of strange that we have all of these Scandinavian players, yet Marty is Thor. Maybe he should be the Hulk?

Also, Nick Fury, clearly that should be Salvador. And maybe Deb for one of the female roles (or both :giggle: ).

I still can't get over that timeout by Laviolette less then five minutes into a scoreless game :lol: Talk about being proactive. I mean really, if you have to take a timeout less then five minutes into a scoreless game clearly nothing you said in the locker room before the game did any good, so thirty seconds is going to help?

It was absolutely the right thing to do. The Devils had all the momentum and were dominating. The Flyers drew two penalties after that and scored two goals - one shorthanded. Even though the Devils have been much better than the Flyers, the timeout allowed the Flyers to get back in the game for a little while.

It was absolutely the right thing to do. The Devils had all the momentum and were dominating. The Flyers drew two penalties after that and scored two goals - one shorthanded. Even though the Devils have been much better than the Flyers, the timeout allowed the Flyers to get back in the game for a little while.

The Flyers scored 2 goals about 7 and 9 minutes later. The Flyers stayed flat coming out of that timeout, it didn't change the game at all.

The Flyers scored 2 goals about 7 and 9 minutes later. The Flyers stayed flat coming out of that timeout, it didn't change the game at all.

Agree with Laviolette calling the timeout (understood why he did it at the time), and agree that it didn't make much of an impact. Flyers taking that 2-0 lead seemed very flukey at the time...even the Devils seemed to know it on the ice...they seemed to take a "Yeah, whatever, we'll be fine, just gotta keep playing our game." approach...no nerves whatsoever. Shows how confident the Devils are in their gameplan right now.