TV Show

UnderDogX

Awe I wasn't so into American Horror story. I wanted to be but it wasn't likable nor did I realte to it in any way. It was scary -- and it wasnt' even funny.... so it wasn't Stephen King and it wasn't David Lynch.... so for me it ended up kind of hoolow and mean spirited. I like endearing sentimental fear like King or just out and out WTF fear like David Lynch -- in either case there is a huge sense of humor to both and American Horror Story just lacked any kind of humor for me. but I only saw one show.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Powers been out since 4pm Saturday so I dindt get to see the new Walking Dead. Ill catch it today or something.

Anyway yesterday I went into the city after winning the ticket lottery for Conan when he is taping this week in NYC. It had to have been one of the coolest things I have ever been to and it was free. The band is AWESOME playing songs between "commercial breaks". Conan was interacting during breaks with the fans in the front row (keep in mind they were there at 5AM when tickets werent being offered until 9am) taking pictures with them and signing things. I was there at 11 to claim my tickets and was still in the 2nd orchestra. Jimmy Fallon (even though I dont like him that much since his SNL days) was really funny and cool also interacting with the fans in the front row. A guy in a Santa costume kept jumping up during the show and yelling trying to be shown on TV and Andy was getting really angry and had the most disgusted face on looking at this guy. They specifically said not to do that. There is alot cut out of the tv show so its really cool watching it all happen during the taping.

Overall a really cool experience. If you ever get a chance to go to a taping of a late night show (esp if its your favorite late night host) do it.

Oh and yes....Jimmy Fallon did have Ben & Jerrys Ice cream trucks outside and gave everyone about a ice cream scoop of his ice cream after the show.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone still following The Walking Dead and American Horror Story or am I the only one?

The Walking Dead all the way. It has its slow drawn out moments but if you've read the comics you're expecting it. I'm still amped over Daryl, he's by far the best character not in the comics and quickly becoming my fav.

I'm still watching Walking Dead, but really, this second season needs to get going. It's been sooooooo slow at times. Very little plot progression as well.

It's been, what, 5 days? And they're still searching for this little girl? I realize she's probably not dead, because I'd be very surprised to see the writers kill off a kid, but in reality, I don't know how she could have realistically survived.

I'm still watching Walking Dead, but really, this second season needs to get going. It's been sooooooo slow at times. Very little plot progression as well.

It's been, what, 5 days? And they're still searching for this little girl? I realize she's probably not dead, because I'd be very surprised to see the writers kill off a kid, but in reality, I don't know how she could have realistically survived.

I'm not watching but I'd guess the whole HOW of it, is what they're keeping you waiting for.

I'm not watching but I'd guess the whole HOW of it, is what they're keeping you waiting for.

Not really...the how hasn't really been a topic, unless its, "how are we going to keep surviving?" Then again its been a lot more about, "why should we try to survive?" I'm telling you. The show, if it follows the main theme of the comic is really about these people, this group, and how they make it surrounded by this catastrophic event. How it effects them and the decisions they have to make along with the type of people who've had to make these same type of decisions.

Not really...the how hasn't really been a topic, unless its, "how are we going to keep surviving?" Then again its been a lot more about, "why should we try to survive?" I'm telling you. The show, if it follows the main theme of the comic is really about these people, this group, and how they make it surrounded by this catastrophic event. How it effects them and the decisions they have to make along with the type of people who've had to make these same type of decisions.

No I mean how she survived will be a big reveal. She's going to be found in some weird society or finding her will introduce some new weird twist to their situation.

it would be sort of useless to have her gone this long and survive on her own unexplained just for pro-longed suspense. not the first time Hollywood would be so stupid though,

Edited by Pepperkorn

I just started watching Season #1 of "the League" via Netflix. OMG what a brilliant show.

Anyone else watch this?

Watched season one. Havent seen much of season 2. Love that Jon Lajoire is on that. Funny funny guy. He plays taco.

The Walking Dead has been super slow. I hope it picks up a little. It is starting to with Daryl getting shot and that sort of thing. I wish they focused more on the logistics of how they are surviving like where are they getting their food? Are they growing it themselves since they are on a farm now? The first season was alot better then this season. They are only having I think 1 or 2 more episodes then a break until February. They are also having a 3rd season.

I LOVE American Horror Story. 8 episodes in and I still have no idea what the hell is going to happen. Its been one mind fvck after another. Just fantastic. I made a point to my friend last night that I think that the writers started from the last episode and worked their way to the beginning backwards. Its just so well written, tons of twists, gory, confusing, exciting and just damn great overal. If you havent watched any of it, I suggest you do before the season is over. Its also a 13 episode season. Start catching up! It gives The Walking Dead a run for its money.

Also have watched the past 2 episodes of Hell on Wheels, that isnt that bad of a show either but theres alot going on.

Edited by Quinn01

Beavis and Butthead are amazing also. Dont know if anyone is really watching them but god damn it takes me back and they are still FUNNY as all hell. I know PK is watching it....

im definitely extremely happy to see Beavis and Butthead back on the air. really takes me back haha, crazy

Hey UDX, are you still watching Person of Interest? I really like that show, particularly Jim Caviezel's character. He's a real cool customer.

@Pepperkorn, possibly so...its definitely something new because Sophia was more of a background character for a lot of the series. Since is it something different they are putting out there it has to be leading to something.

And yessssssss, I love Person of Interest. Probably the best drama on TV at the moment just because how Bad@$$ it is. Reese is a briliant character and I hope they keep slowly revealing his back story. But the best part about it is the whole Elias arc winding through the series and with the guest spot made every single guest spot a possible big time deal. Both of the main characters are just the type that you want to know more about....

We just got the UK 2 episode Going Postal. I love Terry Pratchett and his TV adaptations are usuallyu good - this one is. AND we hacked our coutry code on our spare DVD player so it's now international. What BS you have these machines set to USA DVDs or Euro DVDs or Asian DVDs.... SUCH crap and you pay $300 for an international player.... AND the DVD we bought from UK amazon was $22 all told when if we bought it here IN THE US it would have been $31...

Basically -- if Corporations now get to outsource and have free market labor then consumers have to have the same privilege. I should be able to buy UK Sweden where ever direct and no VAT or any of that crap. World market means world market otherwise it's an unfair benefit to corporations at absolutely no country or individual consumers benefit.

so ha!

back to TV.... yeah so part 1 was really good. :evil:

I'm looking forward to Bag of Bones too --- though casting seems sort of iffy to me.

gahh stupid AMC cutting The Walking Dead season in 1/2....

now we must wait until February to see the last 6 episodes...

GAHH! haha

Its because they didnt think it was going to be a hit this season and by the 2nd episode they were picked up for the rest of the season.

But damn what a way to go out until February!

Atleast now I can give 110% to American Horror Story....Im going to need it. That shows getting intense.

Yeah, so how about that last episode of Walking Dead? Dayummm, wow. Did NOT see that coming at all!

Makes me wonder where they'll pick up when the show starts up again though.

Im still waiting to see the black guy and his son from the first two episodes of season 1. Also Daryl's brother. I know he was hallucinating him but hes still got to be alive out there somewhere.

Watched the two seasons (or I guess season and a half) of Walking Dead in the last couple weeks. What an awesome show! Great finale.

I think the next season is ripe for conflict within the group. Shane has already threatened Dale and it's just a matter of time before something blows up between him and Rick. Daryl's one beacon of hope was Sophia, so with that light extinguished I wouldn't be surprised if he loses his sh!t and starts taking the advice of his brotherly hallucinations and going after Rick & Co. And speaking of Sophia, how is her loss gonna affect her Mom and little Carl? Andrea's a nut with a gun in her hand. Lori's knocked up and who knows who the father really is or how a pregnant woman will fare in a post-apocalyptic world. Hershel's whole world just imploded so the crew's probably gonna be back on the road soon. Does Maggie leave with them? Is Merle still alive? Will the father and son from the first episode come back? Will T-Dog's character ever develop?

Friggin February can't come quickly enough.

Edited by DaneykoIsGod

• 4 weeks later...

For those of you that watched the first season of American Horror Story....what were your thoughts? What do you think next season will entail?

Just read this:

"Creator Ryan Murphy told reporters today that season 2 of the hit FX drama will begin with a new locale and a (mostly) new cast. “Some of them will be coming back,” Murphy teased during a teleconference today. “I’m talking to several of them and we’re in negotiations. There will be familiar faces, but there will also be new faces on the show.”

Murphy hopes to announce the new storyline and cast in February. Should some of the first season actors return for another round of AHS episodes, they’ll be “playing completely different characters, creatures, and monsters,” Murphy added. ”It’s a really fun idea to do an anthology show. That’s the way it was designed from the beginning. Every season, there will be a new haunting and we’ll have a new overriding theme.”

I felt that this was one of the best series I have ever seen. It gave Walking Dead a run for its money.