365 replies to this topic

#341 Amberite

Amberite

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 04:55 PM

If we make the playoffs....I want the Rangers first round.

Please no. I'd love to beat the Rangers in the playoffs as much as anyone else, but we have to be realistic. Lundqvist is phenomenal this year and we have trouble enough scoring against him as it. Let some other team bang their heads against those banana boats. I'd much rather have Washington or Florida and sleep better at night.

#342 ScoreMoreThan3

ScoreMoreThan3

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:14 PM

I just can't get over how unprofessional that is. Like how does this guy even have a job? What a fvcking joke. Completely trying to show up the Devils.
Respect The New Jersey Devils 30 Year History
Stanley Cups 3 (1994–95, 1999–00, 2002–03)
Conference championships 5 (1994–95, 1999–00, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2011-12)
Division championships 9 (1996–97, 1997–98, 1998–99, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2005–06, 2006–07, 2008–09, 2009–10)

#343 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:21 PM

That is unbelievable. I had a smidgen of respect for him and the rest of the guys over at MSG...but now....

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#344 bobilly45

bobilly45

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:36 PM

this got me through the work day, pure comedy.

#345 ScoreMoreThan3

ScoreMoreThan3

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:37 PM

I can't believe I'm sitting here STILL dealing with Ranger fans right now. People are getting out of hand. The amount of crap these fans are talking because now they KNOW the Devils are just as good as them is beyond jealousy. It's almost delusional. These people are are out of control, acting like the Devils just swept them in the ECF. It's almost not even funny anymore.
Division championships 9 (1996–97, 1997–98, 1998–99, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2005–06, 2006–07, 2008–09, 2009–10)

#346 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,904 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:15 PM

I can't believe I'm sitting here STILL dealing with Ranger fans right now. People are getting out of hand. The amount of crap these fans are talking because now they KNOW the Devils are just as good as them is beyond jealousy. It's almost delusional. These people are are out of control, acting like the Devils just swept them in the ECF. It's almost not even funny anymore.

yeah im still dealing with Habs fans about that "trip/hook" on Cole from Kovy for Zach's winning goal

www.SterioDesign.com

#347 ScoreMoreThan3

ScoreMoreThan3

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:59 PM

yeah im still dealing with Habs fans about that "trip/hook" on Cole from Kovy for Zach's winning goal

From Youtube, Facebook, NHL.com earlier..it's just insane how these people can't get over that Brodeur is still shutting them out.

#348 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 09:58 PM

Boomer was just talking about how bad the ice was at the Garden last night. Saying elite players like Kovalchuck and Parise had trouble stick handling.

The ice was such sh!t last night it was ridiculous. I remember saying to myself, "are you kidding me" as Rangers and Devils were falling all over each other all over the ice. Ilya slipped about 4 times trying to Dangle - what would have been serious scoring chances.

Please no. I'd love to beat the Rangers in the playoffs as much as anyone else, but we have to be realistic. Lundqvist is phenomenal this year and we have trouble enough scoring against him as it. Let some other team bang their heads against those banana boats. I'd much rather have Washington or Florida and sleep better at night.

It's way too early to judge who you'd want going into the playoffs. By then the Pens may be firing on all cylinders. But anyways there really is not a big difference in level between the top teams. I'd definitely rather have the Rangers then the Bruins and I don't know if I'd rather have the Flyers or Pens than the Rangers.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#349 Steven M.

Steven M.

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:54 PM

Posted Image

Are you a 'redditor' ?? I saw that on reddit earlier today and was dying, just dying. so awesome.

#350 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:01 PM

Are you a 'redditor' ?? I saw that on reddit earlier today and was dying, just dying. so awesome.

that was me who put it up on r/devils. :cheers:

Posted Image
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#351 Steven M.

Steven M.

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:06 PM

I am obsessed with reddit! I go by "TrueJersey" on there, I think I commented on it.

Trying to defend that call on r/hockey last night was a challenge but I feel as though most people saw it as being the correct one...

#352 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:07 PM

I am obsessed with reddit! I go by "TrueJersey" on there, I think I commented on it.

Trying to defend that call on r/hockey last night was a challenge but I feel as though most people saw it as being the correct one...

Yeah I float around reddit quite a bit during the day. I just recently actually got a name on there. I am not on r/hockey. Thats a good thing though. Its bad enough how much time out of my day I spend on here, plus reddit. I dont need any more excuses not to do my work. :lol:

Posted Image

#353 Amberite

Amberite

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:10 PM

Reddit is disgustingly addictive. I've lost so much productivity because of that site, and the worst part is that as the months go by I only add more and more subreddits to my feed, hence lowering my productivity even more.

#354 Steven M.

Steven M.

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:12 PM

Yeah I float around reddit quite a bit during the day. I just recently actually got a name on there. I am not on r/hockey. Thats a good thing though. Its bad enough how much time out of my day I spend on here, plus reddit. I dont need any more excuses not to do my work. :lol:

Well, I hate to say you should check it out cause obviously productivity would take a hit, but you should, lol. I find out about almost all hockey news there first, and it's one of the best places on the internet I've found to talk hockey. (Other than Devils... I mean you can talk Devils there but if you want specifically Devils... obviously why we're on njdevs...) But for general league news and such, and happenings around the NHL ... most people are pretty objective, or else you get downvoted into oblivion, lol.

#355 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:16 PM

Well, I hate to say you should check it out cause obviously productivity would take a hit, but you should, lol. I find out about almost all hockey news there first, and it's one of the best places on the internet I've found to talk hockey. (Other than Devils... I mean you can talk Devils there but if you want specifically Devils... obviously why we're on njdevs...) But for general league news and such, and happenings around the NHL ... most people are pretty objective, or else you get downvoted into oblivion, lol.

haha alright Ill check it out. Theres so many subreddits its insane. Theres some good stuff on there though. I get a good amount of laughs during the day.

For those of you that have no idea what we are talking about:

http://www.reddit.com/r/devils/
http://www.reddit.com/r/hockey/

The main page of this sit has EVERYTHING and ANYTHING on it. Its pretty interesting and funny stuff and has a wide variety of things.

Edited by Quinn01, 08 February 2012 - 11:24 PM.

Posted Image

#356 Steven M.

Steven M.

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:31 PM

haha alright Ill check it out. Theres so many subreddits its insane. Theres some good stuff on there though. I get a good amount of laughs during the day.

For those of you that have no idea what we are talking about:

http://www.reddit.com/r/devils/
http://www.reddit.com/r/hockey/

The main page of this sit has EVERYTHING and ANYTHING on it. Its pretty interesting and funny stuff and has a wide variety of things.

good call on linking to it for everyone else...

Yes, there is an insane amount of subreddits. I unsubscribed to most of the default ones, as a lot of dumb stuff seems to get floated to the top in the most popular ones. And I definitely find the funniest stuff on there. Case in point: that .GIF you posted, lol

#357 NJCroMag

NJCroMag

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 09:09 AM

I'll apologize if this has already been posted and I just didn't see it...

...but here's Fraser's explanation on why the goal should have counted:

I can tell you firsthand just how difficult it is, in real time and with traffic going to the net, to determine intent (deliberate or incidental) or if any action by a defending player caused the contact to result on the goalkeeper. If the referee happens to be on the opposite side to where contact was initiated (as referee Dan O'Rouke was in this case), it is often next to impossible to get an accurate read on the play.

That is exactly what happened last night in Madison Square Garden in the dying seconds of the game with the Devils leading 1-0. As the Rangers attacked the net, Marian Gaborik attempted a full blown stop with snow flying in front of Martin Brodeur.

Initially, it might appear that Gaborik just ran out of real estate and crashed into Brodeur, which would result in a goalie interference penalty. From referee O'Rourke's position, a little bit behind the goal line on the near side to Gaborik, that is exactly how it would appear to the ref in real time.

As I saw the reverse look of the play, I noticed Gaborik's left skate break from his natural stopping motion and slide marginally to the left, causing an unnatural fall into Brodeur with Anton Volchenkov exerting backdoor pressure on Gaborik from the opposite side.

Upon closer inspection, we see that Volchenkov places his stick between the legs of Gaborik and the pressure exerted causes the NY Ranger to fall and crash into Brodeur. The clear evidence is seen when the players attempt to untangle themselves in the crease. Vochenkov's stick blade can be found stuck in the plastic blade holder of Gaborik's left skate!

If anyone didn't think the contact from the back side was significant to put Gaborik into Brodeur, Volchenkov's stick placement should provide the smoking gun!

What does all this mean? The Rangers certainly lost at least one point last night. Beyond that, it should highlight for you what I have known for years, ever since we had to deal with the ridiculous toe-in-the-crease standard that was rewritten into Rule 69 - Interference on the Goalkeeper. The refs need help with this call.

Fraser's Explanation
"A lot o' people don't realize what's really going on. They view life as a bunch o' unconnected incidents 'n things. They don't realize that there's this, like, lattice o' coincidence that lays on top o' everything. Give you an example; show you what I mean: suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness."

#358 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 09:21 AM

Ah, that was you! Excellent work! A buddy of mine posted it to Facebook and I stole it from there.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#359 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 09:48 AM

Ah, that was you! Excellent work! A buddy of mine posted it to Facebook and I stole it from there.

Dont give me credit for it. I took it from here and posted it there. haha

Posted Image

#360 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 09:58 AM

Dont give me credit for it. I took it from here and posted it there. haha

Ah, I see. You're just as much of a thieving bastard as I am! Carry on.

(The buddy I stole it from on FB is a regular HF poster, so he probably got it from one of the many Photoshoppers there.)
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users