CAR @ NJ 7PM

RunninWithTheDevil

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not too ridiculous. Marty and Schneider have very different styles and there's a definite adjustment time needed. Hockey is not a plug-and-play sport. It's like a receiver and a quarterback. It takes some time for them to get on the same page and know where to look for each other. Again, I don't think it's a big issue, just some adjustment.

Additionally, the forwards may be feeling some more internal pressure to score when Schneider is in net since they haven't done it much. It's like a forward in a scoring slump. Once he realizes he's on it, it gets in his head and it makes it even harder to score. It's just one of those things that will even out in time.

I'm on my phone so I'm not gonna multi quote but among others this is a quote from the disparity thread. I had previously said "so schneids is the reason we can't get more thana few sog??"

Why is Brodeur playing again? We needed a goalie who could stop a puck tonight not an old POS

I don't care how pissed off you are, calling Marty an old POS is completely fvcked. 

That being said, DeBoer deserves to get killed for starting him tonight.

How do we have the 18th best PP?

Thanks to a 15.5 SH% on the PP which is tied for 4th in the league which helps mask how bad the PP is. When it comes to actually getting shots they have the lowest shots for/60 rate at 39.2 (next worst is 41.2). Their zone entries are pretty atrocious on the PP in my opinion.

I'm thankful for still having the team in nj. I pray for a better team for Christmas.

How can that happen?  There's nobody out there on the trade market.  And as long as we have a coach continue icing the worst lineup possible, we won't see many changes.

This team can be good if the roster is used properly.  Pete hasn't come close to doing that.  It doesn't help either that like 5 of our key forwards are badly under performing.

Thanks to a 15.5 SH% on the PP which is tied for 4th in the league which helps mask how bad the PP is. When it comes to actually getting shots they have the lowest shots for/60 rate at 39.2 (next worst is 41.2). Their zone entries are pretty atrocious on the PP in my opinion.

The zone entries on the PP is what kills the PP.  They can never enter the zone without dumping it in.  It really hurts the powerplay.

I'm on my phone so I'm not gonna multi quote but among others this is a quote from the disparity thread. I had previously said "so schneids is the reason we can't get more thana few sog??"

Yeah, the offense was scoring less with Schneider in net so a bunch of people were throwing theories around. At no point did anyone say "Schneider was why the offense sucked".