Triangle Park Designs

The Rock 07

Back in the day, Triangle Park looked like this

PruCentertriangle_park.jpg

Then about a year ago we saw this

The Link

And straight out of the sixties is this...

Park%202.jpg

Park%201.jpg

Park%203.jpg

2.jpg

Hopefully those are bad renderings because I like the concept of the underground retail and the fountains but how it is shown in the renderings just looks awful. The ramp to nowhere??? :puke:

As an architecture student myself, I'm totally digging the rendered installation. Wonder what they'll actually end up doing.

I think that its just a bad rendering. But I don't understand the ramp to nowhere in front of Mulberry Street though. Shouldn't there be a way down to the street from there?

The ramp-y thing reminds me a little of Millennium Park in Chicago. I'm wondering if it'll ever actually happen though.

Thats what I thought of too, and I love Millennium Park. Hopefully this ends up looking like that. The new design of Triangle Park doesn't seem to encourage building around it though with the ramps budding up to the edge of the park.

One possible bright spot. In this picture it looks like the ramp goes up to the main concourse level. If there was an exit from there, that would be awesome. But in another picture it doesn't seem to actually touch The Rock, so I don't know whats goin on.

Back in the day, Triangle Park looked like this

And straight out of the sixties is this...

Park%202.jpg

Why do we need a park there anyway? to attract Newark's homeless? talk about a dumb idea and a waste of money...plus, a waste of parking spots.

Penn Station already attracts the homeless.

Make 'em take the train. Surface lots just bring about a bad vibe. Besides, there's already enough parking around there anyway and garages should replace it.

It's nice to finally see SOMETHING on this.

I like and dislike the fountain pond in the middle. Dislike because hockey is a winter sport so a fountain is pretty useless most of the season. Like because, if done right, it could mean pond hockey before games instead of the street hockey they have on Market Street. Doubt it happens, but it would be pretty severely awesome if it did.

Are these projections the current plan or just one of the firms that presented a plan for the DEVS/NHA. At this point I will wait till the city/NHA/Devils complete their rental dispute before thinking you will have a park. I don't see the city/NHA using emminent domain to take Edison parking's land and I can't see them giving up up prime real estate without a hefty payday.

Are these projections the current plan or just one of the firms that presented a plan for the DEVS/NHA. At this point I will wait till the city/NHA/Devils complete their rental dispute before thinking you will have a park. I don't see the city/NHA using emminent domain to take Edison parking's land and I can't see them giving up up prime real estate without a hefty payday.

from what I read, the original price to build the rock also included construction for triangle park

from what I read, the original price to build the rock also included construction for triangle park

The problem was that the land swaps were never completed and everything I have seen still says that land is still owned by Edison Parking. If that is the case Edison will want top dollar to give up prime parking space.

• 4 weeks later...

*UPDATE*

Note LeBron on the video screen. Looks MUCH better than the original

Lower%20Level%20View.jpg

How come in every computer image graphic they have ever put out for Prudential Center, they alway put a single giant screen on the outside. Instead of the super cool individual panels that you cant make anything out on when you see it in real life? I love the idea of the TV outside, but I really hate those panels. They should make the graphics to represent what's really there. Or just fix it. Add slightly thinner panels in between the existing ones and I think it would be close enough to make a single image out.

And as for the park, I don't get it. You walk up one side and then have to go all the way around to get down again? It would be better then a parking lot, but I say no way anything resembling this ever gets built.

I would love to know who is actually contracting them to do the renderings. This style of a plan would require huge amount of escavating and the removal of the ramp that was supposed to connect the park and area to Newark Penn. I would love to see the park there rather than the existing parking (which should go vertical or below ground but not be on the surface).

• 1 month later...