Photo

What was the best trade in Devils history?

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#101 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,376 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:15 AM

Not sure what all the Friesen hate is about...10 playoff goals in the '03 playoffs. He did suck after that, but he was solid in '02-'03 and he stepped up come playoff time that year.

He was always a headcase and seemed to lose it awfully quick after '03 (in 204 GP with 4 different teams from '03-'04 on, he scored just 27 goals and added just 33 assists), and he was awful in '03-'04, but he was the right guy at the right time in '03...Devils probably don't win that Cup without him.

HATE HATE HATE Freisen!! He had 1 good playoff run, and then was a no show for 2 years..

Besides, I think I won the most passionate poster 2 years in a row due to my Freeze rants!!
Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#102 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,672 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:38 AM

HATE HATE HATE Freisen!! He had 1 good playoff run, and then was a no show for 2 years..

Besides, I think I won the most passionate poster 2 years in a row due to my Freeze rants!!

Friesen had 23 goals in 02-03 and 51 points that year. You think Sykora would have done a whole lot better?

His second year (and the rest of his career) was quite underwhelming but to call him a bust or anything is stretching it.

#103 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,938 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:40 AM

Why would anyone think that Kovy coming here some how made Parise go somewhere else? Without Kovy, the Devils are not getting close to the finals last year. The future looks half as bright, and the decision for Zach to leave would be made much much easier.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users