2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

MadDog2020

I seriously want a SJ vs MIN / COL and CBJ vs MTL final 4.

I understand being bored of teams, but I want good hockey and the best matchups. None of these are that, Chicago and Boston are incredible teams, so if it's a Stanley Cup rematch, so be it. Have to respect both organizations for how good they have been.

Chicago vs. LA/SJ would be an excellent Conference Finals.

You do know that MIN would possibly be going to the SCF

And?

Don't understand the hated for COL

I hate Roy.  I think he's a total jerk.  But they have exciting players.  I am still bitter about 2001 for sure, but I just love their current roster.

I understand being bored of teams, but I want good hockey and the best matchups. None of these are that, Chicago and Boston are incredible teams, so if it's a Stanley Cup rematch, so be it. Have to respect both organizations for how good they have been.

Chicago vs. LA/SJ would be an excellent Conference Finals.

I'm not sure how you can say any of that with certainty.

Colorado, San Jose, and Anaheim are definitely exciting teams.  And all 3 are powerhouses.  I think Colorado vs San Jose / Anaheim would be a very exciting series.

No no no! I don't want teams like LA or MIN close to a Stanley Cup Finals. They're loaded with POS players

Boston has Lucic and Marchand.

I never liked the Miller trade from the beginning for St. Louis. These days it seems like 90% of the goalies are nearly the same, 5% elite ones and 5% awful.

I'm not sure what made St. Louis think that Miller is exceptionally better than Halak, but I think five years from now St. Louis is going to end up looking pretty foolish.

SJ/COL is my biggest hope now that STL is out. BOS/COL is my other even though it's highly unlikely

do you know what's gonna happen to Colorado in a 7 game series vs Chicago? They've been extraordinarily lucky to survive minnesota so far. They'll get rolled in 4 or 5 getting outshot by 15 every game 

Anaheim wins. Absolutely soul-crushing loss for Dallas. We know this feeling- this is Dallas' 09 Carolina.

That's a good analogy.  I was really hoping Dallas could pull it out for a game 7 as I have no love for Anaheim. 

Anaheim wins. Absolutely soul-crushing loss for Dallas. We know this feeling- this is Dallas' 09 Carolina.

Except Dallas still had to win another game besides this.  This was more like Bruins-Hawks Game 6 only not in the Finals.

At least those two games were over mercifully quick though...they had to sit through an intermission after blowing a two-goal lead and then blow it for good in OT.

Edited by NJDevs4978