Random Thoughts & Stuff

sammyk

WOW, just ditch her. I feel for you and no one should have that kind of unwanted drama no matter what kind of past you two shared. I once had a girl who was interested in a little "side" action that I'm sure my wife would've LOVED! Anyway I told her I was not interested in it just increased her "desire" to either try to get a reaction out of me or have it happen. I showed my wife to do a pre-emptive (did I spell that correctly) strike on what she was soliciting and she was very calm and relaxed about it stating she didn't need to trust anyone else, just me. That really made me feel good that she knew I wouldn't cheat. So I finally got so fed up with this girl I told her I'd meet her at this bar and just never showed up, left my cellular phone home and took off that weekend to go for a mini-vacation. Funny, I had seventeen messages, a few adult themed "photos" sent via text and a note on my front door, but that ended ALL communication to date with her. I'm not saying you should do the same thing to this girl if she continues to be aggressive, but I feel you need to put a stop to it. Good luck.

She's being aggressive in an odd manner. Yesterday, like she knew I was telling people this story, she called me saying she un-friended us on Facebook because she couldn't stand seeing our status updates anymore. It got her very upset and she had to get rid of it and she felt really bad.

She apologized for a lot of things and threw a lot of excuses at me. I really didn't want to talk about it because yeah I'm only 21, but I am not up for dealing with this crap. I hate drama and I just ignore it. so I just agreed with whatever she said.

Life's going alright right now. Between my mother feeling better, my job, friends, Jamie, I'm pleased. I am not going to spend time worrying about immature crap.

I was sure when I came home from school in January that I was going to go through some crap and find out who my real friends were and I was right.

Wait does your school base what class your in based on your HSPA scores? My school doesn't do sh!t if you pass but if you fail they make you take extra classes.

If you have all A's all year and AP on the HSPA you can get exempt from finals and if you fail you get asi (academic in class support) or something like that. That's it.

I'm holding down a C in Alg II so it didn't matter either way.

If you have all A's all year and AP on the HSPA you can get exempt from finals and if you fail you get asi (academic in class support) or something like that. That's it.

I'm holding down a C in Alg II so it didn't matter either way.

Damn I wish we had that final policy...my school exempts seniors from the final if they have an A average for the year.

The HSPA is nothing, it's the easiest standardized test ever created.

This be true. The HSPA is made so kids in the worst school districts (Newark, Camden, etc.) pass.

said it in the movie thread too.. best reboot movie of all time... nothing comes CLOSE

You could argue that the first Michael Keaton Batman was the best reboot movie of all time. Before that, Batman was pretty much only known as a comic book and a cheesy TV show with Adam West. That flick reinvented the character in the public eye and launched a mega franchise that has since been rebooted again and taken to a level that has changed an entire genre of movies forever.

Aside from its influence, it was just a damn good movie. And the second one might have been even better. Michelle Pfeiffer in that catsuit? YOWZA!

You could argue that the first Michael Keaton Batman was the best reboot movie of all time. Before that, Batman was pretty much only known as a comic book and a cheesy TV show with Adam West. That flick reinvented the character in the public eye and launched a mega franchise that has since been rebooted again and taken to a level that has changed an entire genre of movies forever.

Aside from its influence, it was just a damn good movie. And the second one might have been even better. Michelle Pfeiffer in that catsuit? YOWZA!

You could but I'd have to stab you in the face repeatedly :P

Tim Burton set the Batman mythos back DECADES with his butchering of the Franchise!'

Now the current salvation of Batman... NOW you're talking a quality reboot

We should tie terrorists into Clockwork Orange chairs and make them watch the Burton films over and over... they'd be begging for waterboarding!!

When you reboot a product you still MUST respect the original in the process ... Burton took a Cleveland-sized steamer on them!

Today's one of those days that I wish I had more than two friends and/or gave up on school already. Too beautiful a day to be stuck in the house doing schoolwork, yet nothing to do outside of the house. Blah.

Ugh, I know. I'm set to start my grad program in Sept. I'm sort of excited, but I had a mini meltdown of sorts when it dawned on me that I will be stuck here in NJ at my parents house for the next three years as I won't be graduating until May 2012. It sucks being here because I legit have two friends in NJ and my (lack of) social life is making me go crazy. Plus, the thought of being here in my parents house until I'm 27 makes me feel... panicked. This has led me to frantically apply to PR jobs and think crazy thoughts like applying to jobs out of state and just moving. Even though I put in all this time, money and effort to get into grad school. Obviously I'm going insane.

On a lighter note - I had crumbs cupcakes for the first time on friday night and they were delicious.

Hey, at least you escaped for a few years. I'll be 27 in two months and I haven't even made it out of my parents' house yet.

Heh, you're only two years younger than me. For some reason I thought the age gap was even wider. I'm still in my parents' house too, though I've been examining my options lately.

Tonight is my friend's annual birthday bar-hop. I'm not fond of the typical bar atmosphere (though I'll admit it's better than it used to be when smoking in bars was still legal) and the concept of barhopping seems pointless to me, so I'd really rather stay home and watch hockey, but there's a small part of me that that's trying to make the rest of me feel guilty for blowing this off... "c'mon, you've been friends with her since high school, you haven't seen her in a while, it's her frickin' birthday, and you don't have to stay out the whole night, just go to the first bar and call it a night..."

Obviously I've chosen home, but there's still a possibility that she'll call and cajole me into going out...

Tonight is my friend's annual birthday bar-hop. I'm not fond of the typical bar atmosphere (though I'll admit it's better than it used to be when smoking in bars was still legal) and the concept of barhopping seems pointless to me, so I'd really rather stay home and watch hockey, but there's a small part of me that that's trying to make the rest of me feel guilty for blowing this off... "c'mon, you've been friends with her since high school, you haven't seen her in a while, it's her frickin' birthday, and you don't have to stay out the whole night, just go to the first bar and call it a night..."

:doh1: :doh1:

Dude... suck it up... GO OUT... God Forbid you MIGHT ENJOY YOURSELF instead of watching lame repeats of the Cup Finals!!!

:rant:

C'mon Rowdy, at least make one hop!

Oh and I thought it was bad when I left home at 25...I feel better now. :P

See, part of me feels bad that I'm still living at home.

But the rational part of me knows that this is New Jersey, and I cannot afford to live on my own on my salary. So it's really my only option right now.

My parents are planning a move to Maine when my father's up for retirement in three or four years, and lord knows I ain't following them there, so I've got a few years to get my finances in order and then I'm on my own, I hope.

And I agree Rowdy, you oughtta get out to at least one bar. Of course, I may be saying that because I wish I was going to a bar right now, rather than sitting here.

Okay so for my journalism class, I had an assignment due at 10 PM tonight that I completely forgot about until, oh, 9:15 PM tonight.

The assignment was to write a 400-word obituary for a celebrity, preferably one who is still living.

Since I only had 45 minutes and needed to throw together something that I didn't have to research too much, I just write Martin Brodeur's obituary. :ph34r: It was weird.

Hey, at least you escaped for a few years. I'll be 27 in two months and I haven't even made it out of my parents' house yet.

I didn't mean that there's anything wrong with being at home in your mid-late 20s. It's just rough. Yea, true I did get to leave for four years and go to college, but in a way that made it worse. I remember what it was like to not live at home. Not that my parents are really bad. I pay them a very little amount of "rent" and I get free food. However, lately, they have been all in my business and have been sort of annoying me. I'm just freaking out right now because I'm not sure I'm making the "right" decision by going to graduate school and I really don't know how it's going to be for my social life committing to being here for the next three years. My life will be a cycle of work, class, homework, sleep repeat.

Obviously I've chosen home, but there's still a possibility that she'll call and cajole me into going out...

You should go out!!!

Edited by LA03

Okay so for my journalism class, I had an assignment due at 10 PM tonight that I completely forgot about until, oh, 9:15 PM tonight.

The assignment was to write a 400-word obituary for a celebrity, preferably one who is still living.

Since I only had 45 minutes and needed to throw together something that I didn't have to research too much, I just write Martin Brodeur's obituary. :ph34r: It was weird.

Is it typical to have an assignment due at 10 on a Saturday night??? Or is your professor just odd?

Edit: Oh, and I need some music suggestions from you, lastone. I have about 15 iTunes bucks and I don't know what album to buy. Any suggestions? You have yet to steer me wrong.

Edited by RSC

Is it typical to have an assignment due at 10 on a Saturday night??? Or is your professor just odd?

Edit: Oh, and I need some music suggestions from you, lastone. I have about 15 iTunes bucks and I don't know what album to buy. Any suggestions? You have yet to steer me wrong.

It was due at 5PM on Friday (as the weekly graded assignment always is), but for the people who bothered to show up to class Thursday night, he extended the deadline to 10 PM tonight.

As far as music recommendations...let me think on that for a few minutes. What have you liked in the past that I've recommended, and what kind of music are you in the mood for at the moment?

It was due at 5PM on Friday (as the weekly graded assignment always is), but for the people who bothered to show up to class Thursday night, he extended the deadline to 10 PM tonight.

As far as music recommendations...let me think on that for a few minutes. What have you liked in the past that I've recommended, and what kind of music are you in the mood for at the moment?

Off the top of my head, the Local H song and the Iran song.

I didn't mean that there's anything wrong with being at home in your mid-late 20s. It's just rough. Yea, true I did get to leave for four years and go to college, but in a way that made it worse. I remember what it was like to not live at home. Not that my parents are really bad. I pay them a very little amount of "rent" and I get free food. However, lately, they have been all in my business and have been sort of annoying me. I'm just freaking out right now because I'm not sure I'm making the "right" decision by going to graduate school and I really don't know how it's going to be for my social life committing to being here for the next three years. My life will be a cycle of work, class, homework, sleep repeat.

That part certainly sounds like my life.

You made the right choice with graduate school, regardless how it feels right now or how it will feel while you're there. You've been having a tough time finding a job as it is (a basic college degree is going to be worthless as a high school diploma soon, if it's not already), and with the economy as it is, you probably weren't finding a job to your liking in the near future anyway. By the time you're out of grad school, you'll have a more respectable degree in a field you like and better job prospects, whether the economy has rebounded or not - if it has, there will be jobs out there that need filling, and if it hasn't, you're better equipped than most for what jobs actually are out there.

Off the top of my head, the Local H song and the Iran song.

Have I recommended TV On The Radio yet? If not, Dancing Choose is a good way to start - short, punky, kind of a rap-ish element, but very indie rock and just fun.

Other songs off the top of my head that I've been digging lately:

We Are Scientists "Nobody Move, Nobody Get Hurt"

McLusky "Without MSG, I Am Nothing"

The Red Paintings "The Streets Fell Into My Window" and "Walls"

Hard-Fi "Cash Machine"

Finger Eleven "Above"

Death From Above 1979 "Sexy Results"

A lot of my music lately has been very 90s-centric, so that's kind of where my head's at right now.

It's funny, the song I mentioned was a moderate modern rock hit two or three years ago and I didn't care for it much, but I heard it again last week and loved it and now I can't stop listening to it.

Really? That's pretty funny, actually. Thanks, lastone!