GDT:Devils vs. Islanders 7:00 PM ET

Devs3cups

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Danis doesn't play; how is he going to get sharp or stay sharp riding the pine? He's not the biggest problem in a white jersey tonight

Really ? because if Brodeur was in net this game is still 1-0 devils after 2 periods.

The goaltending could have cost us this game, unless we come back in the third.

you don't start your goalie every game in a 5 in 7, unless you're fricking insane. he was sitting either tonight or in Toronto... he might still sit in Toronto, though unlikely

Under NORMAL (regular) circumstances with NORMAL goaltenders I would agree with you 100%. HOWEVER, Marty is far from a NORMAL goaltender and the Devils situation over the past couple of months is not NORMAL for us. Marty's playing time was NEVER handled like any other goaltender's in the league. We needed to put together a string of wins and in a HURRY. Marty played well enough for us to beat the Rags on Wednesday, and played his ass off last night to beat the Pens who are currently winning the division. He looked like the Marty of old...and what do we do for the very next game? Put him on the bench (or wherever he is sitting in the POS Nassau Coliseum- behind the glass in the crowd?) and get waxed by the lowly Isles AGAIN.

in the second period we were easily outshot, yeah. i just don't get how you expect this team to get anywhere tonight when they're scrambling in their zone for half the period like that.

i don't know, maybe we watched different games. the islanders looked like the better team, yeah. embarrassing? of course. i'm not going to pin danis completely for this though.

Danis is responsible for the Devils offense looking like $hit

Danis is responsible for the Isles owning our end of the ice

Danis is responsible for the Devils defense not getting the puck out of our end

Danis is responsible for the puck going in off our defensemen's stick

Danis is responsible for the puck going in off a body of an Isles player

Yep it's all Danis' fault

naww. But when Marty finally gets his momentum back, you're not supposed to fvcking rest him.

There was no "lit fire" under the islanders asses. They're outshooting us by 2 shots, whoop-dee-fvcking-doo. Our goalie is the reason the islanders are winning.

I agree with the Brodeur momentum finally coming around....NOT the time to sit him here. With Marty in there tonight, I think it is 1-1 at worst going into the 3rd, with possibly still holding onto a 1-0 lead...

Devils did this to themselves. Islanders are a team you can destroy if you take them out of it early, which it looked like the devils were going to do. But a turnover, a lucky bounce and an untimely penalty lead to 3 goals and an energized islander team. If the Devils establish some zone time in the third and get an early goal, the Islanders are finished. If The Isles are the one's establishing zone time to start the period, expect a blowout. I'm leaning towards a 5-1, 5-2 win for the Isles. The Devils are playing tired and stupid.

So let me get this straight:

A. You COMPLETELY BASH Marty even when it ISN'T his fault AND

B. Absolve Danis of ANY blame when he has a bad game

I think I speak for 98.9% of the board when I say Please disappear permanently....

you know it's bad when LD is the voice of reason. dare i say thank you, LD (?)

Edited by RD