GDT: Devils vs. Bruins

Cachorro Louco

Okay I STILL don't know how to decode these. What the hell is the secret?

LGD!

The first line is normally "let's go devils!" From there you have to use the words you know to fill in the rest, and then look at the remaining unknowns and try to piece together a coherent sentence.

Are you sure this is correct?

Good catch...transposed letters by accident...mea culpa, my good man...

AVD'J CG TVBWAJ!

JXWAA DEVWM KEGYTVM!

FZT NMWZC LV F NGJDGZ KMVLV XWV!

Good catch...transposed letters by accident...mea culpa, my good man...

AVD'J CG TVBWAJ!

JXWAA DEVWM KEGYTVM!

FZT NMWZC LV F NGJDGZ KMVLV XWV!

LET'S GO DEVILS

SPILL THEIR CHOWDER!

AND BRING ME A BOSTON CREME PIE!

LGD!

First line is always LET'S GO DEVILS. You then fill out the blanks for the rest with using that as a key.

LGD!

You gotta summon your inner beast to decode it.

As in... do like you do with pr0nz.

Stare and touch yourself. It'll come to you. :giggle:

Edited by Aznjsn

LGD!

CroMag actually makes it fairly easy for us. You know that the first line is "Let's go Devils!" You look for where the characters in the first line appear in the second and third lines of the cryptogram, and then substitute them with the letter that matched that character in the first line. Example: first line begins XPK'A you replace all X's with L's, P's with E's, etc. Then take guesses at how to complete some of the words in the 2nd and 3rd lines (watching Wheel of Fortune can help with this skill, but then you miss hockey), keeping in mind that substitutions must be uniform and unique across the puzzle. You also take into account that each line needs to be coherent, and (in NJCroMag's case) humorous.

In normal cryptograms, you receive nothing to start besides maybe a topic or knowing that it is a quote. You guess words right from the beginning and see what it leaves you with. The punctuation and location of words within the sentence can also help.

CroMag actually makes it fairly easy for us. You know that the first line is "Let's go Devils!" You look for where the characters in the first line appear in the second and third lines of the cryptogram, and then substitute them with the letter that matched that character in the first line. Example: first line begins XPK'A you replace all X's with L's, P's with E's, etc. Then take guesses at how to complete some of the words in the 2nd and 3rd lines (watching Wheel of Fortune can help with this skill, but then you miss hockey), keeping in mind that substitutions must be uniform and unique across the puzzle. You also take into account that each line needs to be coherent, and (in NJCroMag's case) humorous.

In normal cryptograms, you receive nothing to start besides maybe a topic or knowing that it is a quote. You guess words right from the beginning and see what it leaves you with. The punctuation and location of words within the sentence can also help.

Exactly. He makes it a world of a lot easier on us with the first line.

If it was a cryptogram like you see in the papers, you might not see an answer for a while until gametime. However, I might be speaking for myself on that.

Go Devils!! hopefully will be able to listen to this one... Tomorrow I finally will be home and be able to watch every game again! SO THANKFUL for that! Big game tonight though, please win tonight, there are far too many Baaaaahsten fans on this ship