Elias26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 06:59 AM

http://www.thefourth...com/topfas.html

Elias is first & Langs 20th.

Edited by Elias26, 21 June 2006 - 07:01 AM.

Bobby Holik wouldn't name a (Christmas) song. He said: "Music means nothing to me." When Tom Gulitti of the
Record suggested he'd be called Scrooge, Holik said: "It won't be the first time." -Bobby Holik Christmas 2008

“I made a decision to be here. Just because the team is going through a rough time doesn’t mean you leave. This has become my second home. I love playing here. Patrik Elias January 31, 2011

#2 brodeurgirl30

brodeurgirl30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 07:09 AM

Interesting. Speculated teams of interest do not include Ottawa or NY Rangers for Elias which are all the rumors I have heard so far. Also interesting or sad that NJ is not listed as a team of interest for anyone except Patty and Jamie.......joy. :saddevil:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Brodeur's 2002 Olympic Gold Medal
The kisses on the back of Marty's mask
Travis Zajac

After Marty got so mad at his sons for throwing thunderstick packages onto the ice during a
Devils / Rangers game~
"I explained to them that by doing what they had done, they were basically acting like Rangers fans." ~Marty Brodeur - Beyond the Crease

#3 Elias26

Elias26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 07:15 AM

Anyone else like Halpern?
Bobby Holik wouldn't name a (Christmas) song. He said: "Music means nothing to me." When Tom Gulitti of the
Record suggested he'd be called Scrooge, Holik said: "It won't be the first time." -Bobby Holik Christmas 2008

“I made a decision to be here. Just because the team is going through a rough time doesn’t mean you leave. This has become my second home. I love playing here. Patrik Elias January 31, 2011

#4 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,098 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 07:29 AM

.... Also interesting or sad that NJ is not listed as a team of interest for anyone except Patty and Jamie.......joy. :saddevil:

I noticed that too, but if we can re-sign our big contracts, there will only be low level fill-ins to pick up anyway.

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is!
Posted Image
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Posted Image
2009 Chico

#5 SueNJ97

SueNJ97

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,814 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 07:58 AM

Those numbers (G, A, Points) on Jamie can't be correct. If they were, he'd be in much more demand!!!
NJDevs.com Keeper of Lou Lamoriello (until he finds out & kills me that is)

Now that we are going to have a season, I can post these...
2004-2005 NJDevs.com winner of the Brodeur, Lamoriello and Howe awards, thanks guys, I appreciate the hat trick.

#6 Elias26

Elias26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 08:06 AM

Those numbers (G, A, Points) on Jamie can't be correct. If they were, he'd be in much more demand!!!

:giggle:

#7 Voros19

Voros19

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 08:14 AM

Weight is not getting $5 Million.
Posted Image

Enjoy your dream world. It's on schedule to come crashing down on or about November 1.

#8 LizDevil30

LizDevil30

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,761 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 08:28 AM

Lucky us. Two years in a row the Devils have the most coveted UFAs. :angry:
"Why is a puck called a puck? Because dirty little bastard was taken."-New Jersey Devils Goaltender Martin Brodeur, of whom I am happy co-keeper with poohbear.
His lean, limber muscles tensed under the skin are ready to contort his body into unnatural goal stopping positions. Tara Sullivan, Bergen Record.
A person's a person, no matter how small. Horton the Elephant, "Horton Hears a Who"
NEW JERSEY home of the Devils, Giants, Jets, Red Bull, Nets and the Statue of Liberty--standing on our front porch waving to the neighbors.

#9 SueNJ97

SueNJ97

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,814 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 09:09 AM

Lucky us. Two years in a row the Devils have the most coveted UFAs. :angry:

And yet people insist we don't develop stars.

2004-2005 NJDevs.com winner of the Brodeur, Lamoriello and Howe awards, thanks guys, I appreciate the hat trick.

#10 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,477 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 09:35 AM

Perhaps they aren't stars but the people who know what they're talking about still acknowledge them as the best.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#11 gordienumber9

gordienumber9

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 992 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 09:36 AM

in all the talk about elias, i forgot jamie is on the the market too. i'm really nervous.
You've got to love what you're doing. If you love it, you can overcome any handicap or the soreness or all the aches and pains, and continue to play for a long, long time.
Gordie Howe

Keeper of everyone's obsession with my ass.

MARTY'S NEXT EX

R.I.P. Jill Ann Walker 11/12/73-9/18/02

BITCH I'M GORDIE!

Posted Image he may not be a hockey player, but he's still pretty great

#12 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,447 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 10:03 AM

instead of spending 7.5mil on elias ( sorry thats too much bling for 1 player)

how about going after 2 UFAs ...
Jovo & Shanny???
Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#13 Steadevils

Steadevils

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 11:19 AM

Interesting rumor on that same site that has havlat coming to NJ for gionta or gomez. Says that Havlat and Elias are good friends and want to play together...Stinks like the Brother Niedermeyer debacle all over again
"I realized from Day 1 the way I played I'd never be a Gretzky or a Lemieux, well, a Mario I mean. I was never going to be a player to get standing ovations in a visitors' building."

-- Claude Lemieux - May 7, 1999

#14 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 11:30 AM

i thought langenbrunner and savard were the same? :noclue: lol

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#15 NJD Jester

NJD Jester

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,719 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 11:43 AM

Interesting rumor on that same site that has havlat coming to NJ for gionta or gomez. Says that Havlat and Elias are good friends and want to play together...Stinks like the Brother Niedermeyer debacle all over again

Reminds me more of the Selanne and Kariya debacle from a few years back. How long before someone starts photoshopping pictures of Havlat and Elias smooching?

<JESTER>
Posted Image

"Glow Pucks & 10-Cent Beer: The 101 Worst Ideas in Sports History" is available now online and at local bookstores.

Get your NJD fan stories published in Hell & Back: A People's History Of The New Jersey Devils. Visit The Hell & Back Homepage for details!

#16 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,258 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 12:11 PM

instead of spending 7.5mil on elias ( sorry thats too much bling for 1 player)

how about going after 2 UFAs ...
Jovo & Shanny???

elias is still my first choice, but if he left, i would be fine with giving jovo $4.5/year for 3 years and shanny a one year deal for $2.5 if it means that gomez is signed longterm.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#17 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,970 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 12:28 PM

Take a look at what they have for Brendan Witt:

2005-06: 80GP | 19G | 34A | 53PTS

:o :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tim Murray (Buffalo Sabres GM) Quotes:  'It's Easy To Spend Money' "I’ve said at the start that if you don’t want to be here we’ll make it happen'

“We’re more competitive. We’ve got a lot of character now. We have leadership now. That’s important to me when you’re adding young players every year"

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#18 SueNJ97

SueNJ97

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,814 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 12:33 PM

Take a look at what they have for Brendan Witt:

2005-06: 80GP | 19G | 34A | 53PTS

:o :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey Lou...sign Witt now!!!

#19 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,576 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 01:28 PM

elias is still my first choice, but if he left, i would be fine with giving jovo $4.5/year for 3 years and shanny a one year deal for $2.5 if it means that gomez is signed longterm.

You can't expect these to be the prices these players draw - right?

Jovo's getting 5+ and Shanahan will probably get 5+ or 4+ if it's a 2-year deal.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#20 bruins4777

bruins4777

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,977 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 02:02 PM

i think lidstrom is no.2 for the sole fact that they don't believe he'd sign anywhere else...otherwise he should be a clear no.1

anyways....redden>chara
Posted Image

Hahahaha...long overdue. Now they need to get rid of Jacobs.

The problem is, NJ only plays them 4 times a year. We were only able to get them to trade JT and fire the idiot GM. If we played them 8 times a year, maybe Jacobs might have an epiphany and sell the team.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users